[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't you, but I know this... you haven't LIVED until
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: aaa.jpg (10 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
aaa.jpg
10 KB, 275x183
I don't you, but I know this... you haven't LIVED until you've tasted by home made old fashioned potato salad -- I use two kinds of potatoes and THREE kinds of eggs, plus a secret ingredient that you'll never guess what. Pic is not MY potato salad, just a nice pic I found on google, my potato salad looks nasty as fuck, but you would cream your shorts to try it - its heavenly.
>>
>>7852058
Your secret ingredient wouldn't be derived from celery in any way would it?
>>
I look forward to trying it! Thanks for posting. :^)
>>
>>7852084
Not him, but mine is.

I powder celery seeds and dried minced onion to use in making the dressing for my potato salad, which is a "cooked mayonnaise" type dressing, somewhat similar to a hollandaise, but made with oil rather than butter.
It's basically a regular mayonnaise, egg yolk, lemon juice and prepared mustard, but heated on a double boiler. I add the freshly powdered celery seed and onion to the yolk mixture as it's thickening up on the double boiler. The oil is then whisked in as normal. Unlike its raw counterpart, cooked mayonnaise keeps longer/is less likely to spoil. It's a good idea to do it if you're making a large amount of a mayo-based salad, especially if it's likely going to be left out to fend for itself, like at a cook-out/barbecue or a picnic sort of shindig.
>>
The best potato salad is minimal tato salad

>boiled cubed red potatoes
>WITH THE SKIN
>paper thin onion slices
>green scallions
>diced pickles
>salt
>pepper
>good mustard
>good mayo
>let it setup in the fridge for a few

that's it. best tato salad you'll ever eat
>>
>>7852183
I like it better without the skin.
For mine, the mayonnaise is whipped with boiled egg yolks, a little mustard and sweet pickle relish. I then add diced celery, onion and egg whites (from the boiled yolks used in the dress) as well as minced carrot. Finally, I add cubed potatoes (PEELED, because we're civilised human beings who spell words with S instead of Z and shit), just boiled and still hot, stir to combine and chill in the fridge overnight.
Taste the next morning, adjust seasoning if/as needed and that, as they say, is that.

To be clear, though, I used the cooked mayonnaise described in >>7852154
>>
Pro tip.

Convection roast your potatoes in the oven with greek seasoning instead of boiling them.

If you do it any other way you are wasting everyone's time.
>>
>>7852226
t. non-american

Fuck off Commie scum
>>
>>7852194

use better quality mayo or make your own, you won't need to do all that cooking shit.
>>
>>7853912
>post describes making how anon makes his own mayo
>"hurr durr make your own mayo"
Reading comprehension just ain't yer strongsuit, eh champ?
>>
>>7852058
Did you make for the bimonthly autism meetup ?
>>
>>7852524
I'm not commie scum. I'm a southern boy... born in new orleans, raised in mississippi and georgia.

I know potato salad. The best potato salad that I have ever had is made with roasted potatoes that were seasoned with greek seasoning while they cooked..

then you take that 3 or 4 pounds of red potatoes and you mix it with about 6 chopped hard boiled eggs, 3 stalks of finely sliced celery, a little whole grain mustard and enough mayo to get it to a creamy state...

if you boil your potatoes you are just doing what your mammy taught you without using your fucking head.

roasted potato salad comes out creamier because there is less bullshit moisture left in the potatoes and the taste of the potato is dialed up a notch by the roasting, instead of getting cooked out by the boiling.

only the fucking english boil their food these days. it 2016. get with it.
>>
>>7855917
>it's the current year!
>>
File: Three_Days.jpg (14 KB, 276x183) Image search: [Google]
Three_Days.jpg
14 KB, 276x183
>>7852058
>>
>>7856217
Damn you, came her to post this

>>7852058
Damn OP, my life pales in comparison to yours, my greatest accomplishment is just having 300 confirmed kills in the Navy Seals
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.