[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PARTY FOOD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: 20160430_190906.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160430_190906.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
So we are out of ideas for food for our games night. I was going to ask /tg/ but figured I would get better responses here than rainbow Brownies. Our usual fare is jalopano Popper's,wings, spinich/artichocke/tiziki/Buffalo dips, sliders. All good stuff bit would like some new ideas with a dash of health consideration
>>
File: p1170305[1].jpg (4 MB, 3968x2232) Image search: [Google]
p1170305[1].jpg
4 MB, 3968x2232
Anchoïade
>>
>>7851140
Homemade french onion dip

Ham and brie croissants with spinach and vinegrette

Beer brats with sauerkraut and warm tater salad

Anything from the Feast of Ice and Fire cookbook
>>
>>7851140
>Our usual fare is jalopano Popper's,wings, spinich/artichocke/tiziki/Buffalo dips, sliders.
So you usually eat trash? How about queso dip made with RoTel tomatoes and Velveeta cheese? Chili dogs made with Hormel chili? Tacos made from an Otrega kit? Frozen supreme pizza undercooked in your oven, then dunked in ranch dressing?

For healthy just open a bag of salad that no one will eat.
>>
>>7851140
I like summer rolls. Buy a package of rice wrappers at a nice grocery or asian market. Set up your assembly line as follows: a plate of warm water, a big plate or plastic cutting board, a wet towel covering some kind of glass or plastic tupperware that fits rolls nicely with little airspace. I fill them with roast pork (leftovers or cook up a pork chop or two and slice thinly), whole basil leaves, shredded carrots, shredded cabbage or cole slaw mix, cilantro, paper thin cucumbers, cold egg noodles or cold cooked forbidden rice, if you want some starch in there (optional). Dip to soften one while you load up the one before, place on wet papertowel lined tupperware or ziploc, and keep going until all is done. My pro tip is to have a least a couple items kind of flat just inside the wrapper to provide stability when biting through it, such as the whole basil leaves or even lettuce. These can be made ahead up to 12 hours, just keep moist and airtight.
Whirl up some cilantro, tamarind, citrus, soy, ginger, chili peppers, whatever you want, even peanut sauce for the dipper.
You can add to your asian theme with some frozen potstickers (homemade or bought). They're crazy simple to fry, steam with a lidded skillet and re-fry for perfect two-sided crispiness. Ready in about 8 minutes. Lychee-fy your cocktails or mango or something coconutty for the sweet tooth. I like homemade iced coffee, with sweetened condensed milk. Simple fried chicken wings are served at my favorite pho place, which are simply served with a plate of lime wedges and little plate of salt+pepper combo, to dredge or sprinkle over. It would be good with five spice powder too. Could reduce the fat with some baked chix fingers instead, with seasoning of choice, such as panko or sweet chili. I had some good shishkabobs pineapple/pepper/pineapple at a party recently that were brushed with nothing more than sriracha before grilling.
>>
File: 1464640277669.jpg (19 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1464640277669.jpg
19 KB, 480x480
>>7851161
Well a nice fuck you too. And everything is (mostly) made from scratch. Were not American and buy ingredients not boxes. And the thread is party food you fucking mong
>>
>>7851175
I offered suggestions consistent with the kind of foods you eat at your parties. Here are a few more:

Sloppy Joe sandwiches. Pork ribs slow cooked in your oven with sticky sweet BBQ sauce. Meatball parm subs. Nachos. Pullled pork made in slow cooker with BBQ sauce and served on hamburger buns with coleslaw (to be healthy).
>>
>>7851152
>>7851157
>>7851167
Thanks for the help so far I will have to look at getting that book. The girlfriend said the rolls are too much work for this weekend but will go in the idea pile
>>
>>7851188
Nah bro your just being a condescending prick. Please tell me what your patrician ass makes to eat at parties
>>
>>7851244
I was just offering suggestions that seemed in line with your concept of party food. Yeah, I passed judgment on it for being trash, but if that's what you like to eat that's your business. I'll stand by most of my suggestions, regardless, because they qualify as delicious trash.
>>
>>7851189
Another really good one is to sautee a minced serrano or hanero then melt a jar of apricot perseves in with it. Thin it out a bit with lemon juice or rice vinegar

Use that as a dip for a plate of cured meats, cheeses and crackers
>>
>>7851167
Autist much ?
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 480x526) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 480x526
>>7852131
No that anon is being helpful. Not autistic. I'd venture to guess you're somewhere on the autism scale though.
>>
File: IMG_20160129_215258.jpg (391 KB, 562x1000) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160129_215258.jpg
391 KB, 562x1000
And +1 internet to whoever has a suggestion with garlic buter
>>
>>7851140
>I was going to ask /tg/ but figured I would get better responses here than rainbow Brownies
I figure Cosmic Brownie milkshake would come up first.
>>
>>7851140
What type of wings you doing? Pulled pork is a good one. Then you can make nachos with it.
>>
File: 20160116_002426.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160116_002426.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
No decisions have been made yet. The girlfriend is looking at artichoke and spinich flat bread. Heres a pic of beer for the contributors so far
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.