[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/ck/ Success Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: IMG_20160618_114846.jpg (516 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160618_114846.jpg
516 KB, 2048x1536
Here is a thread to share the best-tasting recipes you know. I'll start by posting some sortof-OC. I made the pierogies from the poland thread a few weeks ago.

Pic 1: Found some moldy sour cream in the back of the fridge. Don't worry, I bought a new container the day I made the pierogies.
>>
File: IMG_20160618_155152.jpg (611 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160618_155152.jpg
611 KB, 1536x2048
>>7850924
Pic 2: Here's the finished pierogies. I froze them on a baking sheet so that they wouldn't stick together as they froze.

Here's the recipe for them, copypasta'd from a thread a few weeks ago.

500g flour
330 ml water
1 egg yolk
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon oil

Mix the flour with salt. Make an indent in it, pour in the water and yolk. Mix it with a fork till it all comes together, then start working the dough. Do it for about 2-3 minutes. Then pour the oil into your palm and work the dough for another 1-2 minutes. It should be smooth. Leave it for at least 10-15 minutes, cover with a cloth.

Stuffing:

1kg of potatoes
250g quark, full fat
2 onions
Salt, black pepper, sweet red pepper (the spice)

Boil potatoes till they're soft, mash them while they're still hot. Wait till they get cold, mix in the quark and onions. You should dice the onions and fry them for a bit on a pan with a bit of oil. Then add about 1 tsp of the peppers. And salt to taste. It should be quite strong in taste.
>>
>>7850928
Oh yeah one more thing to explain the sour cream: I was too far from the local Russian grocery so I couldn't buy quark. So I supped 9 parts ricotta to 1 part sour cream, as a Google search result suggested.
>>
File: IMG_20160704_112219.jpg (520 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160704_112219.jpg
520 KB, 1536x2048
>>7850924
Bumping with Corn and Black Raspberry ice cream. Just made this a few days ago.
>>
>>7850967
BRUH there was this place in Nashville that made blackberry & cornbread icecream and it was the best ice cream I'd ever tasted. I'm sure yours is hecka good too
>>
>>7850967
CORN? What dude?
>>
>>7850985
Here's the recipe, from Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams At Home.

Corn Ice Cream recipe
1 husked ear of sweet corn
2 cups whole milk
1 tbs + 1 tsp cornstarch
1.5 oz cream cheese
0.25 tsp salt
1.25 cups heavy cream
0.67 cups sugar
2 tbs light corn syrup
Slice the kernels from the corn and then use the back of your knife to scrap the rest of the juice and shit into a bowl.

Mix a splash of milk and all of the cornstarch to make a slurry.

Mix the cream cheese and salt until smooth in another bowl.

Combine milk, 0.67 cups of sugar, the cream, corn, and corn syrup in a saucepan.

Bring to a rolling boil and boil for 4 minutes. Turn off the heat and very slowly stir in the cornstarch mixture. Do this slowly so that you don't make a starch dumpling in the bottom of the pan. Turn the heat back on and let it boil again for another minute. Turn off the heat for good this time.

Now mix the cream cheese/salt mixture into the ice cream base. What I like to do is pour about 0.5 cups of the hot ice cream base into the cream cheese bowl, mix them, and then dump this back into the main pot. Makes it much easier to incorporate.

You should have a pot of hot ice cream base, 2 cups of sugar, and your raspberries remaining at this point, assuming you didn't make the raspberry sauce yet.

Pour the ice cream base into a gallon freezer bag and immerse this sealed bag into an ice bath for 30 minutes or so. Ice bath cools it much more quickly that just putting it in the fridge/freezer.

Put the now-cold but not frozen base into the ice cream machine. Turn it on and wait for the ice cream to pull away from the sides of the canister. Now spoon the ice cream out of the machine into a tupperware container. Spoon out the raspberry sauce to make layers of ice cream and sauce. Freeze this concoction for 4 hours.
>>
>>7850985
Recipe for the fruit sauce. I went out to the woods and picked the berries myself, but you don't have to do this unless you're a tryhard like me.

Raspberry Sauce Recipe
2 cups sugar
1 cup raspberries

In another pan, combine the remaining 2 cups of sugar, and 1 cup of raspberries. Turn the heat to medium-high and wait for the mixture to boil. Make sure to constantly stir the sugar and fruit mixture so that it doesn't burn. When it starts boiling, let it continue to boil at this heat for 5 to 8 minutes, which is when it should be done.
>>
>>7851029
Whoops I made a mistake. It's ONE cup sugar and TWO cups of fruit. MAKE SURE THAT YOU FOLLOW THIS, OR YOU'LL END UP WITH VERY SWEET AND BLAND SAUCE.
>>
>>7851025
I made ice cream last night using Jeni's base and use too much corn starch
Now I have a bunch of little cummies of corn starch in the ice cream
It doesn't taste bad, it tastes great actually.
But the texture of those little cummies is pretty off putting.
>>
>>7851081
Well at least it tastes good. What flavor did you do? And how big are the cummies?
>>
>>7851025
>ice cream
>corn starch
>>
>>7851359
I used just chocolate. The last 3 frozen treats I made was were all fruit so I wanted to change things up
The cummies are about the size of a grain of rice
>>
>>7851561
Do you have any recipes or pics?
>>
>>7851718
>Jeni's base
You could just google it you lazy faggot
>>
>>7850985
Frozen corn actually has a consistency very similar to ice cream once you bite it it.
>>
File: DSC_0084.jpg (625 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0084.jpg
625 KB, 2560x1440
Minced meat pie for 4, went great on the first try.

Pie dough is 125g butter with 3dl of wheat flour, add two spoons of water once its starting to mix, then just fill the bottom/sides of the mold, put in the fridge for 30 minutes while you prepare the rest.

Prep: slice and dice a couple red onions, some meadow mushrooms and a couple red bell peppers.

Turn your oven to 200 celsius. Put some butter/oil and around 500g of minced meat in a pan, just want it to turn brown. Sprinkle a pinch of wheat flour. Add a dl or several of chili sauce, some salt, a beef/meat stock/boullion cube and some oregano or whatever seasoning you fancy, then add 2.5dl water and mix it all together, let it simmer so the water evaporates a bit, might wanna turn down the heat if it sits a bit long.

Fry the veggies in another pan to get rid of excess water until the mushrooms have shrunk, then add to the meat pan and shove it around.

Pie dough preheats in the oven for 10 minutes before the final stage, stick a fork in there at a few spots.

Pour the whole business into the dough mold, add a liberal amount of shredded cheese (i think i had a layer of at least 300g gouda) and a generous amount of parmesan. Chuck into the oven for 30 minutes. Serve with chilis, tomatoes, whatever you like.
>>
>>7851081
Oh wow. I'm so stupid
I used 4 tbsp of corn starch instead of 4tsp
>>
>>7850924
I thought,
this was paint.
Why,
was I on >>>/diy/
>>
I don't get why people love pierogies. it's just bland dough and bland mashed potatoes topped with sour cream
>>
>>7853706
Nope the red stuff is bacteria or something.
>>
>>7853709
What? You can have all sorts of fillings in pierogi. Potato is the most common, as I've seen. My best friend growing up was polish and her mom would make all sorts of awesome fillings. I remember having strawberry pierogis for breakfast. Mm
>>
File: IMG_20160705_181204967.jpg (1 MB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160705_181204967.jpg
1 MB, 1944x2592
Made my first spanish omelette the other day, it was easy as fuck and pretty tasty. Didn't like broccoli though, probably will replace with peppers and add bacon or chorizo or some kind of meat next time.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.