[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am starting a diet and I have been struggling to find a healthy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: shirataki.jpg (227 KB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
shirataki.jpg
227 KB, 1500x1125
I am starting a diet and I have been struggling to find a healthy alternative to noodles (already tried Zoodles and they are alot of work, and in the end not very similar to a noodle). I stumbled upon shirataki noodles (also known as miracle noodles) and they seem like a really good option.

>does anyone here have experience with Shirataki noodles.
>>
>>7850887

Yeah, I've tried it. The texture isn't as nice as other noodles. they're pretty much flavorless.

Why not just eat normal noodles, but a smaller portion?
>>
>>7850893
What is the texture? I am OK with flavorless as long as the texture is close. Zoodles did not have the same texture at all in my opinion.
>>
Noodles are already healthy, I don't know what your problem is. In fact just today some people released another clickbait study suggesting that a greater proportion of pasta in the diet is associated with improved weight loss and healthier body weight. Carbs are good for you my man. Don't tell me you are yet another victim who fell for the low-carb meme. No wonder Americans are so fucking fat if they avoid pasta and potatoes
>>
Just fucking exercise and shit you spastic.
You shouldn't be worrying about cutting out fucking noodles of all things.
>>
>>7850902

The texture is kinda hard to describe. "Gelatinous" about the only word I can think of that even comes close.
>>
If you like Squash, Spaghetti Squash is a decent alternative for spaghetti and other pasta noodles.
Really depends on what you're gonna be using it in, though
>>
There are plenty of conventional noodles that aren't made of wheat, why not just have those instead?
>>
>>7850887
Zucchini is a piss poor substitute for pasta.
Shiritaki is a pretty good substitute.
Make sure you read the directions: they need to be rinsed and then blanched. They smell like fish piss and if you don't follow the directions, then they'll taste it too.
I eat them about once a week.
>>
>>7850887
Fantastic. Great for pasta and stir frys once you get used to them. I eat them a few times a week when cutting.
>>
>>7850887
Doing keto? I lost 22lbs in about 3 months of keto last year.

I ate shirataki noodles quite often. They're not great in western foods but work very well in Asian dishes. They have a similar texture to rice noodles in a way. Make sure to rinse them off before cooking. A lot of people say they smell weird but I never got that, they don't taste like much that's why a strong sauce is needed.

I made pad thai with it, I made a lot of stir fry's with things like beef and broccoli which it was perfect in. I tried them with tomato sauces and it wasn't like eating pasta so I really left it to Asian dishes.
>>
I'm a one pot pasta kind of guy. I've been wanting to limit my carb intake so I simply cut back on the noodles and fold in more veggies near the end of cooking.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.