[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/ck/'s Brewery
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8
File: slide6.jpg (422 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
slide6.jpg
422 KB, 1920x800
You have been recently hired by /ck/ brewery as a master brewer. To being the operation you are required to make 5 styles of beers. What styles of beer do you brew? What sort of tastes/hints are you going for in each beer?

What are your ideas beyond the original 5 beers? These other beers can be more experimental / seasonal if you like.

We can discuss financial / bottling / distribution constraints if you want. Imagine that you are aiming to distribute around your local state to begin with. So you may want to tailor your beers to what the locals enjoy.
>>
>>7850576
CK-PBR
CK-Blue Moon
CK-Heineken
CK-Bud Light
CK-Fosters
>>
1. IPA
2. IPA
3. IPA
4. IPA
5. craft pilsner
>>
>>7850588
>>7850589
good selection lads

but your missing one important beer and thats the precious double IPA
>>
>>7850576
i'm thinking

>session beer
>low carb beer
>IPA
>wheat beer
>dunkel

to begin with
>>
BEER LAO
BEER LAO
BEER LAO
BEER LAO
BEER LAO
>>
>IPA
>DIPA
>Black IPA
>Brett IPA
>Citrus IPA

just go all in famalam
>>
>>7850589
Good but I'd add a session IPA and a DIPA. Or is that crazy?
>>
>>7850576
>state

Well, Holland is smaller than most states, so I'm going to go for the whole country. Main idea is that I'll need at least one beer to drink the whole day, one refreshing summer beer, one stronger dark beer, one high ABV light-bodied beer, and an autumn/winter beer. So;

>Saison, but preferably Märzen
>Belgian witbier or Blonde ale, maybe Kristallweizen
>Black IPA
>Belgian style Tripel or Belgian Strong Pale Ale
>Autumn bock, doppelbock, or strong spiced dark ale.

On mobile now, but I'll drop some taste and brew ideas from PC.
>>
I want black cherry beer.
>>
>>7850576
1. Chocolate peanut butter porter.
2. Pale ale
3.white sage saison
4. Double ipa
5. Apple cider

Rate me
>>
1. Stout (I'd make it Guinness-like but much heavier and with hints of caramel)
2. A hop forward and yeasty Belgian Tripel / Belgian IPA combo.
3. Hefeweizen (I'd include a very subtle lemon taste and sweetness)
4. Geuze
5. Pilsner, Bohemian style
>>
>>7850811
>5. Apple cider
not a beer

>>7850854
i sort of like
>>
>Czech Pilsner - bready, grassy and earthy with the slightest hint of lemon zest
>Wheat beer - Witbier/Weissbier hybrid
>IPA - NZ&AUS hops boii, tropical fruits, honeylike malt note
>Irish Dry Stout - dark chocolate, nutty
>Tripel - stone fruits, banana, clove
sour memesters get a Berliner Weisse summer seasonal
>>
File: Beer-Pairing-With-Food-Chart.jpg (128 KB, 1000x1062) Image search: [Google]
Beer-Pairing-With-Food-Chart.jpg
128 KB, 1000x1062
>>7850576
1. Cherry Hefeweizen with other stone fruit notes
2. Hibiscus Gose
3. Chocolate Stout
4. Gin Spiced Saison
5. German Style Amber

Thoughts? And we should have threads like this more often, cheers to you OP
>>
>>7850947
>cheers to you OP
pleasure friend

i just got sick of the whole huurrr durr every craft brewery is like 10 ipa's etc..

and i thought well how would you like it? so i decided to ask /ck/
>>
>>7850921
this is actually pretty good
>>
File: noice.gif (313 KB, 195x210) Image search: [Google]
noice.gif
313 KB, 195x210
>>7850947
>Gin Spiced Saison
noice
>>7850957
thanks fám
>>
>>7850576
>5 styles of beers.
Pilsner (lightly hopped)
American ale (lightly hopped)
Session (like the ale, but 2.5% ABV)
Bitter (copy of Fuller's ESB)
IPA (reeks of hops, but not as much as West Coast shit)
>ideas beyond
Bone dry sour cherry lambic
Rauchbier
Sour beer (Spring only)
>>
>>7850947
>4. Gin Spiced Saison

go on
>>
>>7850576
Blood orange red ale
Classic unfiltered pils
Rye pale ale with west coast hops
Saison with NZ hops, coriander, mango and orange peel
Stout with indo coffee

Want to provide a pretty solid all-year roster of core beers without being boring. Start collaboration early but keep it to ones that provide something interesting rather than just circlejerk. Expand to more financially tough things like sours and distillery as time goes on
>>
>>7850576
Kolsch type beer
Grodziskie type beer
Hefewiesen, slightly on the cloudy and sweet side
American pale ale
An extremely well developed stout, harder liquor, mostly malty and not too heavy
Beetroot saison or similar, maybe a scrumpy in its place if beets aren't seasonable.
Have I done good? There's a few more beers I'd like but I've already gone for 6 as it is.
>>
Weizen (Fruity, like Franciskaner or Paulaner)
Smoked bock
Biere de Garde (top fermented, open barrel, for a champagne like taste)
Cherry sour
Dark rye kvass
>>
>>7851117
Smoked beers are elite tier anon, choices look pretty good to me.
>>
>a dry red ale
>a pissy lager for drinking outside on the patio
>a spicy belgian ale that's like 8% ABV
>something with hops but not so many hops that it tastes like you're drinking skunky grapefruit diarrhea

I can't think of a fifth
>>
Sour stout
Dry hopped sour
Spontaneously fermented sour
West coast IPA
Pilsner
>>
Munich Helles
IIPA
Saison
Hefeweizen
Stout
>>
>>7851028
>Have I done good?

don't know about the beetroot saison but the rest sounds legit
>>
>citra IPA
>Coffee Stout
>hefeweizen
>porter
>DIPA
>>
IPA
IPA
IPA
IPA
'GO 'PA
>>
>>7850799
>session DIPA
go look up what session means
>>
>>7852419
It means "I'm going to binge drink but I am going to try to make it sound classy because just as I lie to myself successfully, I think I can lie to others successfully"

inb4 maps guy spams the thread about how if you aren't a candidate for total liver failure at age 29, you're a muslim trying to impose sharia law and also a christfag and a feminist

I swear to god I actually had that argument here once
>>
>>7852434
>I swear to god I actually had that argument here once
No you didn't

Also, that clearly went over your head. Something cannot be both session and double
>>
1. Oatmeal Stout
2. Witbier
3. American Session Lager (like Bud, but not shit)
4. Belgian Tripel
5. QUINTUPLE IPA FACEPUCKER HOP BUKKAKE (let's cure them of their madness with one bottle!)
>>
>>7852447
No, my friend. It was my post that went over your head
>>
File: lJAXOaE.png (432 KB, 350x467) Image search: [Google]
lJAXOaE.png
432 KB, 350x467
Craft malt liqour
>>
>>7850576

1. A good old fashioned pils where you can actually taste the malty goodness and smell and taste the hops just enough to counter the sweet, sweet malt.

2. A well balanced ale that is like the pils, but with a heavier body.

3. A delicious Hefe-Weizen

4. An even more delicious Dunkle-Weizen

5. A decedent, rich, alcohol heavy, malty ass triple bock.
>>
File: 1443328241102.jpg (91 KB, 970x675) Image search: [Google]
1443328241102.jpg
91 KB, 970x675
>>7850576
>belgian wheat ale
>IPA
>sam adams-esque lager
>something 'go Old Style/PBR-esque
>rotating nitro
>>
>>7852493
a new brewery near me has a great dunkelweizenbock
>>
File: Aventinus.jpg (171 KB, 380x507) Image search: [Google]
Aventinus.jpg
171 KB, 380x507
>>7852504
Pic related: liquid brown gold
>>
>>7850576
Milk Stout
Gose
IPA
Farmhouse Ale
Pilsner

(I know this would be pretty freaking hard as far as equipment is concerned, but I'd be satisfied with all of these.
>>
>>7850971

I work at a brewery that does a cucumber saison with juniper berry, rosewater and caraway seed.

also real cucumber obvi
>>
File: 1323668688181.jpg (224 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1323668688181.jpg
224 KB, 600x800
Ale
Belgium Style
Triple Belgium
IPA
Mystery Beer
>>
>>7852522
Nah, those are typical picks, and would honestly be quite popular anywhere.

Gose is simply a sour mash or acidulated malt bill. Nothing too complex with the brew itself
Farmhouses are very amenable beers that don't even have to be open fermented to get the character you want from them.

The rest are standard beers that any competent brewer should be able to make consistently well
>>
>imperial stout
>double IPA
>black IPA
>pumpkin stout
>milk stout
>two different types of single IPA
>pumpkin ale
>>
1. A simple Lager with a bit more flavor than a Domestic beer, looking for a slightly more malt and hop. Light yellow complexion Around 5% ABV
2. A Belgian Ale, a yeasty beer with some fruity hints without being so overbearing as to taste like bubblegum. Deep yellow complexion Around 6.5% ABV
3. A heavily malted ale, looking for a fairly sweet, lightly hopped. Looking not so much for fruity tasting as just sweet and thick. Red complexion, 8% ABV
4. A.double IPA. Beer will always reflect the brewer's preference so I'm looking more towards Citra hops for a strong citrus taste rather than an herby bitter floral hops taste. Light Orange complexion Around 7.5% ABV
5. Imperial Stout, looking for a bit heavier coffee flavor to bring a bitter characteristic to the chocolate sweetness(want to avoid being Founder's Imperial levels of sweet). Heavy black complexion, Aiming for around 10% ABV
>>
>>7850854
nice
but instead of making my own pilsner i'd just import a 200l tank of urquell, fuck me it's that good
>>
>>7852634
So basically meme beers.
>>
>Gose with some fruits, raspberries/blueberries/blackberries/some citrus

>Mint milk stout - with more of chocolate flavor rather than coffee, but not too sweet
homebrewed something similar, was great, going to try that again in some time

>Smoked Foreign Extra Stout - roasty, smoky

>Milkshake IPA - brewed with lactose for the sweetness and rye/oats for texture, fruity hops, with banana in the mash and with fruity esters from yeast
brewed this, esters got there by accident but it turned out great

>Oatmeal witbier - well hopped, slick texture, refreshing
tried brewing this but fucked something up with the yeast and it didnt turn out very good (still drinkable though)
>>
File: IMG_20160430_113327.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160430_113327.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>7852516
I bought 20x.05l of this one time while living long-term in Germany. Took 2 to get wasted.
>>
Dark mild
Midwest IPA
Belgian single fermented cool to lower yeast character
Belgian golden strong
Belgian stout/dark strong

Use one yeast for all the Belgians and one for the other two
>>
>>7855627
What's a Midwest IPA?
>>
>>7850576

bacon and eggs ipa
quadruple boc

that's all i need to be successful
>>
>>7850969
Good choices man. Only problem with sours is you need a completely seperate production line to do the sour beers due to the contamination of the yeasts. If money was no option, having two lines could do it, but man making sours on a commercial level is a right bitch.
>>
>>7855727
Something like surly furious. If you haven't tried that it's basically a more balanced version of a west coast IPA.
>>
>>7850808
>Märzen
Like it better than Saison, also tastes more like pilsner. Looking for a 14-16 EBC (bit of dark colour - Cara for head retention). Hopped to about 25 IBU, mostly with Hallertau for bitter and Tettnanger for aroma. Aiming for 6-7%ABV.

>Belgian witbier
Very light beer, 40/40 extra light barley malt and malted wheat, with 15/5 flaked wheat and flaked oats. Lightly bittered with Saazer hops, with some coriander, bitter orange and blossom from the common linden (Tilia x Europaea). IBU around 10, EBC around 4-6. Aming for 4.5%ABV.

>Black IPA
75 EBC, with 80/20 two-row and Carafa III. 60 IBU, mostly from Simcoe for bitter, and Citra and Amarillo for aroma. Dry hopped with Simcoe and Citra. ABV around 6.5%.

>Belgian Strong Pale Ale
Somewhat like Duvel, only with a more pronounced bitter and less carbonated. Can also be somewhat darker coloured. Aiming for 80/20 pale malt/CaraVienna malt for 12-15 EBC. Saazer hops for 35 IBU. Goal is to hit 9%ABV.

>Doppelweizenbock
55/10/5 Munich/Crystal/Chocolate malts, with 30% flaked wheat. Aiming for something quite near to an Eisbock, so trying to get from a 1095 OG to 9,5-10%ABV. Colour should end up somewhere between 40-50 EBC, with a reddish hue. IBU around 15, mostly from Saazer hops.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.