[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Julia Child's omelette have changed my fucking life. I used
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160705_065515.jpg (870 KB, 1000x1333) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160705_065515.jpg
870 KB, 1000x1333
Julia Child's omelette have changed my fucking life. I used to think the omelet was the lowest form of egg preparation. Tough spongy browned skin that tasted like cardboard, who the hell would ever want to eat an omelette over scrambled or fried or even boiled eggs?

How wrong I was.
>>
Looks slimy af anon...there's a nice middleground between whatever that is and an overly browned 'lette.
>>
File: 1444416933290.png (361 KB, 858x725) Image search: [Google]
1444416933290.png
361 KB, 858x725
>>7850495
>'lette
NO
DELETE THIS
>>
>>7850495

That's butter.
>>
>>7850519
I was talking about the 'lette not the 'oast.
>>
>>7850523

No that's butter too.
>>
>>7850525
>he doesn't know the difference between a 'lette and some 'tter
>>
>>7850528

I'm telling you there's butter slathered on the omelette to make it look shiny.
>>
>>7850535
Oh. But making it "look" slimey is still going to result in the 'lette being slimy, anon. The texture just didn't look right to me. PM me your address so I can come over and try it.
>>
Looks good, OP.
Learning how to make a proper french omelet is essential.
>>
That omlette looks like a used condom
>>
Is that 'ffee or 'ea in the mug?
>>
>>7850485
I prefer firmer, browned eggs. Everyone else seems to like their shit runny and jiggly. IDK why.
>>
>>7850523
'oast? i thought that was 'abble
>>
I'm glad you like it OP, but you should work on your technique. There's nothing like that perfect omelette that's smooth on the outside, set just underneath, and consistently creamy in the middle.

Also, try not to let the butter well up on the surface like that, using that much unincorporated butter leaves you with a wet, drippy product.
>>
>>7851147
What are you 'alking 'bout?
>>
>>7851147
>'abble

i literally don't even know what he meant by this
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.