[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My father is a chef and has been really depressed since last
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1465560407239.jpg (133 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
1465560407239.jpg
133 KB, 800x500
My father is a chef and has been really depressed since last summer. How can I get him back into his former self? I think about reawakening his love of cooking, but I'm not sure where to start. What dishes would you make to rediscover your love of food?
>>
>>7850071
Tell him to get out of the worst industry in the world. If he likes cooking he'll enjoy it a lot more if he's cooking for himself and not some arsehole customer at 10pm on a Sunday night
>>
>>7850086
>The chef does the cooking
lel
Most of the cooking he does is for himself, the rest is when we wants to impress others. The problem is he haven't done much of either for the last year and I'm trying to get him back into the habit.
>>
>>7850071
Start getting takeout from fancy hipster places that make amazing looking food
Usually what makes me want to cook is seeing other people do something neat that tastes good
>>
>>7850071
Start a Cuban sandwich food truck with him
>>
>>7850123

Underrated.
>>
>>7850071

If he is a chef and is depressed I think you want to try something not related to food.
>>
>>7850108
This is a good idea

>>7850130
He haven't done much cooking for the last year and the depression is not related to food or cooking. I know he misses cooking because he mentions it on occasions, which is why I want to get him back into it.
>>
>>7850071
Stir fry teriyaki with my own sauce.
>>
>>7850138
Why not do some hunting together if you can and then cook the animal together on a camp fire? Being around in nature and killing stuff can help.
>>
>>7850145
He's not into killing stuff unfortunately. I plan on getting him some grouse and rabbits when the season starts though.
>>
>>7850144
Recipe?
>>
>>7850186
Soy sauce, sake, mirin, grated garlic and ginger, sesame seeds, and some kind of sugar, mix all together and reduce until its thick and sticky.

If you have a wok cook your evenly sliced meat until about half cooked, remove and throw in your vegetables in the same oil for about a minute then add meat to cook, at about 40 seconds until done add your sauce.

Stir fry and teriyaki is easy, theres a lot of info on it.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.