[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>pasta isn't bad for you http://www.cnn.com/2016/07
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: perf-pasta.jpg (30 KB, 445x299) Image search: [Google]
perf-pasta.jpg
30 KB, 445x299
>pasta isn't bad for you

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/04/health/pasta-bmi/
>>
File: 2MdvjgR[1].jpg (55 KB, 640x432) Image search: [Google]
2MdvjgR[1].jpg
55 KB, 640x432
>>
I'll eat pasta until I'm cold in the ground.
>>
>carbs aren't actually bad for you

Who could've forseen this!!!!
>>
>>7849802
>Not making your own pasta

Fuck off
>>
>>7849802
Of course not.
Who the fuck said it was?
>>
>>7849937

Dude, she's like 2 years old at most.
>>
File: fatkins.png (186 KB, 750x440) Image search: [Google]
fatkins.png
186 KB, 750x440
>>7851216
Americans are so oblivious to the basics of health and nutrition that they actually believe potatoes, bread and pasta make you fat and give you diabetes, while steak, bacon, whole milk, eggs and oil should be included as major components in any balanced diet. Why do you think keto and GI fuckery are so popular there? And yes, the US is full of fat fucks who think carbs make you fat, potatoes make you fat. Potato consumption has decreased massively in the past couple decades because a couple retards managed to convince all these fat fucks that potatoes are unhealthy.

You actually have to design a dedicated study to make Americans understand that foods that people have been eating as staples and major calories sources for tens of thousands of years are not the cause of massive increases in diabetes and heart disease in the past 50 years.
>>
>>7849935
Smart carbs aren't that bad, actually, but many people eat carbohydrates in excess.
>>
>>7851258
>foods that people have been eating as staples and major calories sources for tens of thousands of years are not the cause of massive increases in diabetes and heart disease in the past 50 years.

I mean, it sort of is. The difference between recent history and before that is there is more food than ever, it's cheaper than ever, people are less active than ever, and certain agricultural business interests have more influence over what the government teaches and spends money on than ever.
>>
>>7851379
>carbs are unhealthy if you live an unhealthy life

and guns kill people
>>
>>7851396
The reasons why those foods are staples in the first place is that they're calorie dense and easy (or at least easier than other foods) to grow in the regions they're staples.

When I was in school in the 80's, the government was still telling adults that they should be having 3000+ calories a day... a number they arrived at 50 years earlier based on a lifestyle that just isn't possible anymore.

I'm not a keto/paleo idiot, I just don't think it's wrong to tell people that they shouldn't eat like pre-industrial farmers anymore.
>>
There is nothing wrong with eating pasta. That article is likely taking data from people who are able to maintain the lower weight by portioning their intake of pasta/carbs over people who outright try to restrict/avoid them and then fail, get lazy, or grossly underestimate their "cheat days".

Gif related is apparently the "perfect" portion of pasta, about the size of a baseball.
>>
>>7851396
Technically bullets kill people.
>>
>>7851579
Well, if you had the tenacity you could theoretically pistol whip someone to death
>>
>>7851579
technically exsanguination and/or trauma leading to organ failure kills people
>>
I'm on a keto diet. Just thought you'd like to know.
The reason why people do it is because it's easy and it works.

>Why don't you just eat less?
We do eat less, that's how weight loss diets work. On a keto diet you eat foods that make you feel full so that you are less hungry.
So you eat less.
So you burn more than you consume.
So you lose weight.

I don't understand WHAT you don't understand about it. Did someone on keto beat you up in high school?
>>
>>7852561
keto is a meme diet for nu-males who like le epic bacon
>>
>>7851396
Then eat less guns, have some self control man.
>>
>>7852561
>On a keto diet you eat foods that make you feel full
>proceeds to eat little to no fiber
>>
>>7852725
what are vegetables and nuts?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.