[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/craftbeer/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: IMG_20160701_222334.jpg (3 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160701_222334.jpg
3 MB, 4032x3024
No thread up? Yesterday I ordered pic related because of OP in the last thread, and as a Euro I have to say I was pleasantly surprised.

To me it tasted very similar to a Belgian double, pleasingly rich flavour without becoming too overpowering

What are you drinking right now /ck/?
>>
>>7849212
i was drinking miller genuine draft

its a nice beer if you ask me not a craft beer sure but something to cleanse the pallet if you just want a beer to session drink and don't want some douple ipa or some shit
>>
>>7849212
I was drinking Deschutes Black Butte Porter because it's had to find a dark beer that isn't really expensive

Fuck the IPA craze. Why does every brewery need three IPAs?
>>
File: aviary-image-1467663831876.jpg (1021 KB, 1124x2000) Image search: [Google]
aviary-image-1467663831876.jpg
1021 KB, 1124x2000
>>7849212
Never really liked Rogue, especially in a beer climate such as we have in Europe with much better Dubbel beers.

I really enjoy most beers by Van Moll, great Dutch craft beers. IJ, De Leckere and Maximus are also good.
>>
>>7850430
>Fuck the IPA craze. Why does every brewery need three IPAs?

it hasn't taken off yet in australia but most craft brewing breweries offer an IPA

problem is its the same 5 types of beers at every brewery

i want them to think outside the box and maybe try making trappist beers or german style beers or belgian style beers

i don't blame em the average aussie has no idea about beers and think the world revolves around victoria bitter and macro breweries like that

i just want a bit of variety you know

stop copy catting every brewery and come out with something new, fresh and exciting be smart about it though have some sort of session ale that's not too hoppy for the plebs to lure them in and then hit them with the state of the art shit

you know what i mean?
>>
>>7849212

/ck/ brewery thread
>>7850576
>>7850576
>>7850576
>>7850576
>>
>>7850562
>>>7850430
>be smart about it though have some sort of session ale that's not too hoppy for the plebs to lure them in and then hit them with the state of the art shit
>you know what i mean?
That's exactly why they all have the same fucking pale ale
>>
So I drank a bunch of shitty beer yesterday for the first time in a long time because it was free, and holy fuck Bud Light tastes like nothing at all, the High Life and Sam Adams were ok though
>>
File: hefeweizen.png (313 KB, 250x800) Image search: [Google]
hefeweizen.png
313 KB, 250x800
Hooked on this. Cheap and damn good
>>
>>7852350
>tfw had 13 untappd check ins yesterday
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Tastes like sour berries. It's nice.

>>7849212
>Rogue
In the industry, so I won't drink their beer for moral reasons. I did have the chocolate stout before I knew and it was actually pretty good.

>>7850430
Founders Porter is pretty good and cheap. If you want something cheap and roasty, Barney Flats oatmeal stout is GOAT. It's also like $7 for.a six pack.
>>
>>7852957
>moral reasons
explain?
>>7849212
If you have a way to get Rogue try their hazelnut brown nectar. Probably my favorite brown.
>>
>>7849212
pro brewer here currently sparging a 30bbl batch of IPA. will happily ask industry/beer questions if anyone would like. as far as regions go, I know most about california/west coast breweries/beers. familiar with barrel aging, casks, specialty ingredients, homebrewing, etc.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.