[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Plating , post your creations and discuss
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 16
File: IMG_20160701_205547.jpg (3 MB, 3072x4096) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160701_205547.jpg
3 MB, 3072x4096
Plating , post your creations and discuss
>>
>>7848561
It become a bit of empty
>>
>>7848561
>autism in the kitchen thread
>>
>>7848561

I don't see any food there, keep trying!
>>
File: gozza.jpg (491 KB, 3878x2455) Image search: [Google]
gozza.jpg
491 KB, 3878x2455
>>7848561
Made a delicious 'go'za plated in the only way fitting for the finest of all pizzas.
>>
>>7848561
Pretty nice, those edible petals?

also is that a panna cotta or something in the centre?

Dont listen to the people who have never worked in or dined somewhere where this kind of presentation is expected.

I do have a few qualms though:
>Streak leaves the inside area of the plate on to the outer area
>plate not wiped properly (those grains on the bottom and left hand side)
>Berries have their stalk on - you can't eat that. Why not have them finely chopped or made into a compote and in a kind of waterfall over the panna cotta / whatever it is
>>
>>7848631
What about a gyoza 'go'za
>>
File: chicagoPizza.jpg (65 KB, 380x420) Image search: [Google]
chicagoPizza.jpg
65 KB, 380x420
>>7848631
Do you have a recipe for you 'go'za friend?

I typically buy one of those kits for making 'go 'za pizza....heres a pic of the entire kit
>>
>>7848561
Also your ice cream balling isn't very good
>>
>>7848561
>Garnishing the plate with shit
>Overcomplicated

0/10

it's not even classy, just some pretentious shit you threw together in an attempt to make something fancy
>>
>>7848645
Neither is your punctuation.
>>
>>7848578 here

now this
>>7848648
this is good. fuck you OP.
>>
File: captain_planet autism.png (106 KB, 658x370) Image search: [Google]
captain_planet autism.png
106 KB, 658x370
>>7848660
Did you seriously make that post purely because I didn't finish my sentence with a full stop?
>>
>>7848666
based satan. git em!
>>
>>7848648

i agree with you.. OP is in culinary school and has just used every stupid plating technique he has been taught to make an extremely forced/contrived looking plate with no real finesse or sophistication.

here's my best, lads.
>>
File: fuP8VVE.jpg (28 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
fuP8VVE.jpg
28 KB, 480x640
>>7848832

and another more whimsical one
>>
>>7848835
This one looks great.
>>
File: hdp.jpg (140 KB, 990x556) Image search: [Google]
hdp.jpg
140 KB, 990x556
>>7848832
>>7848835
Yours are just as pretentious if not more than OP's.
>>in culinary school and has just used every stupid plating technique he has been taught to make an extremely forced/contrived looking plate with no real finesse
You described yourself pretty well there.
>>
>>7848845

oh, definitely pretentious.. i work in fine dining.

his are pretentious while lacking any polish or refinement. a mint sprig? stems still on the strawberries? tacky pattern from the shitty tip of a piping bag?

your fish looks fantastic but it's just fish on lettuce with more micro greens on top. it looks good but i wouldn't really call it a "dish" if it's only raw fish and lettuce.
>>
>>7848637
Thank you , i do wipe my plates , i took this picture in a hurry and whiped it afterwards
its a peach melba layerd panna cotta
and those petals are bottle rose i picked myself

>>7848645
I agree.

>>7848648
I you like your plates nice an simple thats your choice , its a matter of style.
>>
>>7848835
What is that pink liquid?
>>
>>7848561
Looks like a forest nymph had a bloody shart it took in a plate.
>>
>>7848561
you're forgetting that this is FOOD that someone paid for. too much negative space. where's my fucking sauce? I have a line of some kind of really shitty coke that intersects the plate at a really awkward angle and the tapered end climbs up the lip of the fucking DINNER PLATE YOU ARE SERVING MY SCOOP OF ICE CREAM AND TWO OUNCE PANNACOTTA ON.
Look at that raspberry coolie, damn I bet those three drops you so artfully put on the plate would taste good if there were enough to actually register a taste after i smear my dessert onto it.

why do you have 3 spots of whipped cream with 3 rosepetals, but only two with strawberries, did you run out of fruit halfway through plating and decide to send it out anyways? Why DID YOU JUST CUT THE STRAWBERRY IN HALF AND STICK ONE BY THE DESSERT AND THE OTHER ON THE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE PLATE, ARE YOU TRYING TO SAVE YOUR CHEF FACE BECAUSE THEY'RE TOO CHEAP TO GO TO IKEA AND GET SOMETHING OTHER THAN A WHITE FRISBEE TO PLATE DESSERT

fan that fucking strawberry, use more sauce. do you charge like, $9 for this? fucking stupid
also >>7848637 is a moron
>>
>>7849475
Fuck off Gordon
>>
File: 20160701_165752_HDR.jpg (178 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
20160701_165752_HDR.jpg
178 KB, 720x1280
Not really a creation but brisket from the other day, fag butcher cut off all the fat cap but was pretty great regardless

Yes i love black pepper
>>
>food is too spread out
>black line initially looks like a whole vanilla bean
>black streak down the center of the plate with one little blob of something cut off from everything else is jarring
>black streak goes onto the rim of the plate
>a sprig is just the top two leaves, not half the stock
>strawberries not fanned
>a quenelle or two of the ice cream would look much nicer than a sloppy scoop like you'd get at the soda fountain
>too much empty space
>>
>>7848874
Yours looks absolutely dreadful. I wish I could eat at your restaurant, just so I could send that shit back to the kitchen and demand it be replated. So clumsy, so unappealing. I could plate canned beans and burned sausage better.
>>
>>7849745
This. Manages to be simultaneously pretentious and extremely poorly done.

>dat puddle of pink liquid on the dessert plate
>>
>>7849475
Go watch gordan ramsay faggot
>>
>>7849475
As a light desert, after 2 courses, its actually a very good size.

>where's my fucking sauce?
See that streak down the middle of the plate? thats your fucking sauce numbnuts.

I think what we're seeing here is americans used to desert at dennys being a massive bowl of ice cream drizzled in chocolate sauce, with no space showing on the plate.

Its ok Americans, not everyone is familiar with fine dining, but try not to get too angry about things you dont understand
>>
>>7848832
can we address how large of a plate you are using there?
>>
Some days I wonder if I should have gone to culinary school instead of working my way up. Then I see these plating threads and realize I made the right choice
>>
>>7848835

>this guy again

To be fair mate. I don't hate this one like your previous examples. It's different, it's semi-interesting. It's not terrible. It's not very good either, but I'd say you're moving in the right direction.

I'd recommend thickening up the pink sauce a bit, the way it runs everywhere is unappealing.

Other than that, this plate reminds me of a large star wars episode 1 battle station the way it seems to ring the plate and having the command center in the middle. Be wary of starfighters messing your shit up.

Increase the amount of yellow flowers, they add colorful contrast to your beiges and whites. Having only 3-4 really defeats their purpose and is not enough to warrant their inclusion. Make them be part of the plate or get them off.

The 3 orange "jelly" would be better in an offset formation rather than a line down the center. I can only assume you took the photo from the perspective of the potential diner. In this case you would see a line of orange staring at you. Have it diagonal offset, something other than, hey here's a line of orange stuff.

The brown crumb might be better served scattered around the plate as well. Visually it does very little where it is, and suggests that the brown and white go together and doesn't invite the diner to mix.
>>
>>7850360
You dont learn interesting plating at your job?

Maybe you should have just worked your way up in a fine dining restaurant instead of dennys?
>>
>>7848637

>Dont listen to the people who have never worked in or dined somewhere where this kind of presentation is expected.

oh hey it's someone pretending to be qualified above others on a subject they've probably just lazily watched on tv
>>
File: IMG_2709.jpg (121 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2709.jpg
121 KB, 1280x960
>>
File: IMG_2810.jpg (154 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2810.jpg
154 KB, 960x1280
>>
File: IMG_1399.jpg (155 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1399.jpg
155 KB, 1280x960
>>
>>7850400

Might want to work on your reading comprehension.

To make it simpler for you. I was trying to imply that there are times when I felt my career would have been easier had I chosen to go the culinary school route. Instead I worked in independent restaurants and spent time learning on the job working my way up to where I am now. Seeing what these young cooks think constitute good plating makes me feel I made the right choice in not going to school.

Maybe one day when you grow up and become a big boy, you can understand these things as well.
>>
>>7848561
I think the main problem here is that the plate is too large for the dessert if you went for a smaller one with the main bit as a centerpiece or even a smaller one and arranged the same way it would be far more presentable.
>>
>>7850407
Honestly ....
Did you trow up on that plate?
it looks like shit
>>
>>7850423

>hurr durr a mixture looks like throw up

get older
>>
>>7850406
>>7850407
>>7850411

Please stop. All 3 plates are basically the same. This is what this guy >>7850405 is shit talking about. Variations on the same theme in a way which suggests you don't understand the principle behind it, hence why you just keep doing it for no apparent reason.

>protein
>bed of something with texture
>pool of sauce
>>
>>7850429

they're plated similarly, i just think they're attractive.

>which suggests you don't understand the principle behind it,

oh don't get pretentious.
>>
>>7850411
Looks tasty, would be happy if brought to me

>>7850407
Probably tastes nice but I don't think it looks very good, bit cliche but yellow on green slop is rarely a good idea.

>>7850406
(all three of these plates are served in a very similar way?) Looks fine, clean the bowl. I actually don't even know if this will work well when you cut into it? I think I'd rather it on a plate and not stacked up

>>7848874
Low res but looks pretty good, nice colours.

>>7848845
nice looking, don't know if its the best way to eat this though

>>7848835
lol@theplate

>>7848832
Its pretty or messy depending on how you like your plates, i lean towards messy although that could be easily improved, it might look better in person.

>>7848648
This is how I like to be presented stuff, thanks for this.

>>7848631
Love the contrast between red and black, excellent choice.
>>
>>7850429
>>7850432

also i just realised when you said 'this is what this guy is shit talking about' you actually quoted me. posting stuff you've made is not pretending to be qualified. this critical affectation you've put on is where that shit comes in.
>>
File: for4chin.jpg (214 KB, 1146x824) Image search: [Google]
for4chin.jpg
214 KB, 1146x824
>>7848561
I think it's alright OP. Changes I would make are to lose the startip, it's overused in a lot of places and it doesn't look nice imo. Strawberries should have something done to them. Raw fruit on a plate is unexciting and I personally hate it. Ice cream I would quenelle. Mint is alright I guess, you can also do something with mint other than serving it raw. Three dots of sauce is kind of lame as well. If its meant to be part of a dish, add more. Other than that, it looks alright. A few small changes and it'll look pretty great
>>
>>7848835
This fucking dish is so lol, sorbet looks all fucking icy, grainy ass candied nuts, a small amount of runny sauce on a plate. Blobs of curd or cream or some shit with nothing to eat with it. Just completely pretentious without any substance to back it up.
>>
>>7850451
Thank you for this comment , also i like your style
also what did you do to your mint leaves?
fry them?
>>
File: fois mousse.jpg (296 KB, 1248x927) Image search: [Google]
fois mousse.jpg
296 KB, 1248x927
>>7850475
Yeah, they've been deepfried. I'll use fresh mint sometimes as well, but they get pretty overused and keeping them as springs/big leaves isn't that pleasant to eat.
>>
>>7850479
>i am only 17
Come back when you're 18
>>
File: Taco.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
Taco.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
How about this taco?
>>
>>7850479
>>7850479
>>7850479

>culinary school
ISHYGDDT
>>
all my plates are dirty because of my lazy fucker housemates so I ate dinner off clingfilm tonight.
>>
>>7850479
ban incoming
>>
>>7848832
>the food is slightly off centre

I'd have that sent back to the kitchen and you'd certainly get no tip.
>>
>>7850776
Where i am from culinary school isnt so bad
>>
>>7850826
That was done on purpose fag
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.