[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In the past 6 months, I've known 3 people stab a knife through
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5
File: deadlyVegetable.jpg (326 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
deadlyVegetable.jpg
326 KB, 1200x1600
In the past 6 months, I've known 3 people stab a knife through their hand while trying to open an Avocado....I found out it is very common apparently

What the fuck are these people doing? I've cut thousands of avocados and can't begin to imagine any scenario for this to happen
>>
Do your friends eat paint chips or something?
>>
>>7848316
>Do your friends eat paint chips or something?
One is a pretty prominent attorney, and the other one is a Phd math researcher...
>>
>>7848296
Why would you be jamming a knife into an open avocado with enough force to put it THAT far through your hand
>>
>>7848322
I find some really smart people lack basic common sense. I ran a series of tests on a friend who is a nuclear scientist, and he couldn't figure out how to beat anyone in tic tic toe.
>>
I'm a little baffled as well if this is a legit phenomenon but at the same time I've almost done worse...

One day I was bored on the job chopping up avocados for something and I decided to see how many pits I could fit on my big 12 inch steak cutting knife. On the third one I came in at an awkward angle and it slid off of instead of going into the pit. It went through the avocado and almost into all my fingers at the top of my palm. If I didn't somehow drop the whole thing I would have fucked up big time.
>>
>>7848322

>One is a pretty prominent attorney, and the other one is a Phd math researcher...

And what is this supposed to mean?
>>
>>7848296
>pic
Oh god, ew. That avacado is past peak ripeness.
>>
>>7848376
>And what is this supposed to mean?

the person I was replying to was joking implying that they are stupid/retarded...I listed their profession which implies the aren't stupid/retarded
>>
I use my teeth to get the core out
>>
>>7848391
>I use my teeth to get the core out
NotSureIfSerious.jpeg
>>
>>7848383

Obviously since they managed to stab themselves through the hand while processing an avocado would show that your ivy league professions don't necessarily mean that you are "smart"

We get avocados here all year round and use them heavily in a lot of dishes and I have never once heard of anyone stabbing themselves through the hand with a knife while preparing one.

In fact the only way I know that people stab themselves through the hand while preparing avocado is through that well known OP pic and now your retarded friends.
>>
>>7848322
More likely a court reporter and a fifth grade math teacher.
>>
>>7848341
Nerotypical Vs nerodiverse intelligence
>>
>>7848296
how the fuck do you put the knife straight through your hand if you hit the core with the knife horizontally
>>
>>7848745
I have no fucking clue. The only thing I can fathom they are doing is cutting the avocado in half, and then holding it in one hand in their fucking palm and then viciously trying to stab the seed with a puncture motion instead of chopping motion
>>
>>7848668
top kek m8
>>
>>7848296
fuck man
how do they even deal with that
just anaesthetic and gingerly pull it out?
>>
>>7848332
Through the seed AND his hand.
>>
>>7849592
Give drugs to clot, get the knife out with the intent to not cause any permanent nerve damage, suture, apply pressure, bandage, send home.

What I don't get it, I cut my fingers once trying to get a seed out, don't get me wrong. I was dumb when I first started. But who would try to jam it through like that? I used to try and use all of the force I could to cleave into the seed, before I realized my knife was dull as shit and that's why it was sliding off and nicking my fingers.

Who in their right mind would ever use the tip of the knife though. Are they trying to dig the seed out or something? I could understand how they could slide it through and into their hand if so, I guess.
>>
>>7849619
>Who in their right mind would ever use the tip of the knife though.

this is how everyone I know that hurts them self does it, avocado in palm and they stab straight into their palm
>>
>>7848296
Yeah, you can tell they were trying to stab the seed out with the way the knife way held when it got stuck in there.
Just fucking why.
>>
File: fib2.gif (466 KB, 400x256) Image search: [Google]
fib2.gif
466 KB, 400x256
>>7848296
I'll take "Ive never seen a cooking show before" Alex
>>
>>7848296
>>7848322
>What the fuck are these people doing? I've cut thousands of avocados and can't begin to imagine any scenario for this to happen
so why don't you fucking ask them
>>
>>7848296
I don't deal with avocados but can't you just spoon them out? What the fuck
>>
>>7848341
>baffled
Does your friend happen to be homer simpson?
>>
>>7848296
When I was 5 years old I thought it'd be a good idea to cut a starburst in half to share with my older sister. I used a butter knife, but I guess I pulled some strange 5 year old superhuman strength out of my ass because I managed to shove it 2 inches into my hand.
>>
File: RoryMacDonaldHand.jpg (69 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
RoryMacDonaldHand.jpg
69 KB, 600x600
>>7848296
I think they attempt to remove the pit with the point of the knife? Maybe?
>>
hurr durr im a fucking retard that uses the point of the knife despite it being unstable as fuck
>>
>>7848296
I don't know, Anon. People are just crazy stupid.
>>
>>7849905
They do. They try to either:
>Place the knife tip in the center of the pit and attempt to drive it in. They assume the pit will hold the knife well enough to not go through it. What happens is the pit rotates, the knife slips into the avocado flesh, and the blade is sent slamming through the palm.

>They try to dig through the flesh and get the blade under the pit to scoop it out, but they slice through the avocado skin and their hahd.
>>
File: core-avocado2.jpg (59 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
core-avocado2.jpg
59 KB, 500x333
>>7848296
what is so hard about doing this

though considering these kinds of people they'd probably slice their fingers off
>>
>>7848296
>[I] can't begin to imagine any scenario for this to happen

You may not be a big enough moron to be able to lower yourself to their level of thinking.
>>
>>7849662
That's what I was thinking
>>
>>7850349
This is how it's done hell even if you're extra dense you can spoon it out.
>>
>>7850349
>Have always used a spoon with avocado because I don't know better, nor anyone I saw preparing an avocado
>See your technique on TV or something
>In a party where we prepare guacamole or something, friends and I already had a few drinks/joints
>Tell my friends about using a knife instead of a spoon, without pictures
>Most of them can't cook for shit, never used a better knife than a steak one
I imagine that's how it happens.

When they want to stick the knife in the pit, they can't imagine cutting without a sawing movement, stabbing is the way to do that.
People never learned to use a kitchen knife.
>>
>>7850387
Or they use the knife like a spoon, going under the pit and forcing.
>>
>>7850387
>People never learned to use a kitchen knife.

The average home kitchen knife isn't likely to be sharp enough to do it properly anyway.
>>
>>7850397
>Ceramic knife
>CHINK
>>
These people are fucking pussies, I stab the pit with a butter knife so hard that the plate breaks and then I eat the fucking glass, if I accidentally put a knife through my hand I'd probably just keep going into my heart because I've failed humanity
>>
>>7848296
cutting an avocado is fucking easy and really pleasant

use a butterknife to cut in half vertically

use a spoon to scoop out innards
>>
>>7850397
>The average home kitchen knife isn't likely to be sharp enough to do it properly anyway.

In other words, they never learned how to use a kitchen knife. Keeping the knife sharp is part of learning how to use it.
>>
>>7848296
>can't even begin to imagine any scenario for this to happen

Are you retarded?

>dumbass wants to remove avocado pit
>he puts it in his hand and stabs at the pit as hard as possible
>he misses the center and the knife goes through the soft avocado and into his hand
>>
>>7850402
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9zuSTOE2vk
>>
>>7848316

Huehue. Why?
>>
>>7851406
>his
that's a pretty big man-boob if that's the case
>>
>>7849607
It's not through the seed, dumbass. It's pretty obvious what happened

>Fag doesn't know how to pop the seed out
>Uses sharp knife as a crowbar, wedging it along the side of the seed instead of chopping at the seed
>Pushes too hard
>Knife slides down the side of a VERY slippery seed
>Straight through the palm
>>
wtf i'm scared of eating 'cados now
>>
>>7848617
If I'm just making it for myself for immediate consumption, I sometimes use my teeth too. The seed tastes kinda bitter.
>>
>>7850349
I used to do it this way, but it really wasn't very efficient. You had to get it in a certain depth otherwise the seed shell would just break apart with core rest of the core still there.

It's better just to cut the avocado into quarters and remove it by hand like here >>7851690. It also makes it easier to peel so you can get all the healthy stuff near the skin.
>>
File: avocado_peel.gif (2 MB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
avocado_peel.gif
2 MB, 500x333
>>7851690
Fud, here's the looped version
>>
>>7851711
So what about taking out the seed of the last piece? You still have to do the same thing you did to remove it as before.
>>
>>7851747
You use your hands. It usually pops right out. There's no force required compared to removing the seed from an avocado half.

Also, I notice when you use the knife to remove the core from a half piece, the avocado gets kind of mushy. (I prefer whole chunks.)
>>
>>7851747
Anon, I...
>>
>using a very sharp knife to open a fruit
Don't you americlaps have smaller serrated knifes for doing anything that doesn't require a sharp edge?
>>
>>7848391
Post pics
>>
>>7848322
Just because youre smart in one subject does not mean you know how to cook.

My friend is a pharmacist and his wife is a lawyer.
and they both went apeshit when I showed them how to fucking take out the core of an avocado, the wife was alway suing a fucking spoon and the husband would just use a butterknife and scrape around it
>>
>>7849905
STIGMATA FROM LAKE TITTICACA!
>>
>>7853274
>wife is a lawyer
>suing a spoon
heh
>>
>>7851418
At 10 minutes, he cuts wood with his ceramic knife.
And obviously it doesn't break the knife.

Yup, Jack can't use a knife, but we now know ceramic knife do cut through wood.
>>
>>7854075
Kek. Thanks for noticing it.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.