[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: rice.jpg (2 MB, 5472x3648) Image search: [Google]
rice.jpg
2 MB, 5472x3648
Why is this the best shit ever? I could just eat this plain every single fucking day and not get tired of it. But then on top of that it's so fucking versatile that you can do a different rice dish every day of the week without repetition.

Rice is
FUCKING
AMAZING
>>
I actually agree, OP. I feel like it's cheating to say rice is my favorite food, because of how versatile it is, but it's the one food I could eat every day for the rest of my life and not get bored.
>>
Correct, rice is based.
>>
My carb rankings are as follows

Rice
Pasta/noodles
Bread
Potato

But rice is so far above the #2 rank, cannot live without it.
>>
>>7846365
sometimes I just order a few cartons of rice from chinese take out if I'm feeling lazy.
>>
Is basmati the patrician rice choice?
>>
>>7847208
no, basmati has 0 nutritional value, it's been processed to death so none of the nutrients remain. It's good tasting, but it's literal SHIT candy tier if you are trying to eat healthy.
>>
>>7847215
[citations needed]
>>
>>7847217
read the packaging, no citations needed, the same applies to jasmine rice. Healthiest rice is brown and wild. White enriched is fine as well.
>>
i like to cook brown rice and then add in some fried onions and peppers
>>
>>7847215
All white rice is pretty devoid of nutrients, it's pretty much the worst grain but it doesn't really matter much if you eat a good portion of veggies with every rice dish to compensate for the emptiness of rice

>>7847208
I bought some cheap shit Basmati and it smells and tastes kinda old and dusty just like the reviews said. What's the deal with differences in rice quality and do I really have to pay a ton to get good-smelling aromatic rice?
There's an Asian shop around the corner but all the rice they sell is labeled in Chinese/Japanese so I can't look up reviews anyway. I'm not gonna buy a 10 pound bag of rice that turns out to be shit.
>>
>>7847221
Basmati and Jasmine are varietals of rice, they can be both brown and white you fucking mong.
>>
>>7847227
dumb the post.
go read the packaging on those types of rice vs brown or enriched white.
>>
>>7847230
Are you illiterate?
>>
>>7847235
Are you redundant?
>>
>>7847237
Jesus Christ. You clearly can't read properly because you still haven't understood the concept of Jasmine and Basmati even though I explained it to you. Jasmine and Basmati can be both brown and white rice as they are varietals of rice and not the name of processing. Feel free to kill yourself you fucking mong.
>>
>>7846365
Rice is a weird meal that I feel goes great with a lot of things. Egg-fried is vile though.
>>
im tired of rice because it literally has no flavour and also ive been eating it my whole life, being an asian and all that
>>
File: small_furikake_bottles1.jpg (89 KB, 425x299) Image search: [Google]
small_furikake_bottles1.jpg
89 KB, 425x299
>>7847250
Furikake is nice to make rice less bland.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.