[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kobe Beef
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
Is Kobe Beef a meme? When I tried it, it was really fatty and had a kind of sickly-sweet flavour. It was kind of hard to finish. I've heard that the Japanese prefer fatty meats in general, especially pork, but this was even more saturated than an American steak.
>>
You didn't have real kobe, newfriend.
>>
>>7845239
If it was hard to finish it wasnt kobe
>>
>>7845239
You know what else is hard to finish? :^)
>>
>>7845239
that meat is raw.
>>
>>7845720
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sashimi
>>
>>7845239
seems like a meme. my girlfriend is Japanese and she says it's overpriced and that there are plenty of cheaper options that taste just as good. I've personally never tried it though.
>>
>>7845733
okay so you agree with my statement of it being raw then.
>>
>>7845751
How do you understand her if she Japanese?
>>
I was treated to a Kobe steak dinner while in Japan. It was at a teppanyaki joint (think Benihana where they cook on the grill in front of you). We had our own private table and it was super fancy. There was def some gangster/yakuza sitting at the table across from us with some young lookin thing on his arm so I could tell it was pretty legit.

Anyway, the meal was probably the best thing I've had in my life. The steak melted in my mouth. No chewing required. If the Kobe steak you were served required an excessive amount of chewing, it most likely wasn't the real stuff. In fact, if you're buying it outside of Japan, it definitely isn't the same.

The meal came out to about $500 for both of us. Thank god I didn't pay a cent, but goddamn was it amazing.
>>
>>7845239
You didn't have actual kobe beef.

Wagyu =/= kobe
>>
>>7845910
Andrew?
>>
>>7846015
John?
>>
>>7846051
Jacob?
>>
>>7846091
Mike?
>>
>>7845945
Wagyu is still better than the junk they sell in the US though
>>
Once you've eaten a Kobe burger, any other type of burger is shit.
>>
>>7846092
Jeff?
>>
>>7846092
MIKE!!!!
Mikemikemikemike what day is it Mike?!
>>
Look up the prices of highest grade nip wagyu at auction, it's not that expensive and anyone who wants can just buy it and export it. So yeah, unless you are trying to buy from scammers it's perfectly possible to get it outside of the US at a reasonable price.

Free markets bitch, they don't care about your elitist fantasies.
>>
>>7845914
i speak japanese and she speaks english. thought that would be fairly obvious...
>>
Why is it named after Kobe bryant
>>
>>7847324
Brown on the out, red on the in.
>>
Fatty beef is best beef.

Using lean beef, you lose a LOT of the flavor. Kobe has a really high fat content while the parts that aren't fat are nice and tender.

>sickly sweet
That was not Kobe, or it was going bad. Probably wasn't Kobe AND was going bad.

Take a cut of Kobe, fire up a charcoal grill with coals on one side and NOTHING on the other. This is called "Two Zone" or "Dual Zone" grilling. You want to make sure the hot side is REALLY hot. Sear the Kobe just long enough to get grill marks, rotate 45° for the crisscross grill marks, flip and repeat, then move it to the side that doesn't have coals and grill for 3-4 minutes on each side, remove from the grill and cover the plate you put it on to keep bugs away (DO NOT TAKE IT INSIDE YET. YOU DO NOT WANT IT RESTING WHERE THERE'S AC) and let the steak rest for 5 minutes.

Enjoy the best piece of meat you've ever had, totally unseasoned. Now, of course, you CAN season it before you grill it and if you do I recommend a pinch of salt and equal parts white and black pepper to taste, maybe a little crushed red pepper... Or if you've got 8 hours to kill, marinade it with soy sauce, the above peppers, Worcestershire sauce, oregano, thyme, and a pinch of a light roast coffee... Like a breakfast blend, seal it in a container or freezer bag for 8 hours minimum, making sure it's good and coated half way through, and save some of the marinade to bring to a boil while the meat is on the grill to use as a dipping sauce for some homemade frites.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.