[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you feel about this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (4 MB, 2920x4380) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4 MB, 2920x4380
How do you feel about this?
>>
>>7845134
Unnecessary unless you're putting a drop in something.
>>
>>7845134
Its too much for me, that stuff can fuck you up.
>>
>>7845134
>scorpion hot sauce

There is no reason this needs to exist
>>
>>7845134

I bought a bottle of daves insanity sauce about 3 years ago and it ruined every single food i touched.

a complete waste of 5 dollars
>>
It's a nice eddition to my hot wings, I usually do that, and some Cayenne as a rub before grilling them, then I use this sauce mixed with some other g omemade ingredientsto make some nice wings
>>
>>7845202
See >>7845144

You put a drop in an entire roast or something like that to get a nice even throat heat. I agree that it's kind of a joke because it's more for people who are going to have bets to make their friends cry.
>>
>>7845280
>a drop in an entire roast

How much would a single drop of capsaicin extract heat up a meal? A bowl of chili or spag bol?
>>
>>7845346
I put a pinch of capsaicin powder into a cup of cream of potato soup. Completely destroyed it.
So.. less than that?
>>
I have the normal insanity sauce and I like it but obviously it's used sparingly. 8 or 9 drops in a crockpot of chili gives a nice solid heat base.
>>
File: 1239144416069.jpg (4 KB, 106x104) Image search: [Google]
1239144416069.jpg
4 KB, 106x104
>>7845280

>here's a product you should only put an undetectable amount of in your food to make it palatable.

I could say the exact same thing about a small bottle of feces.
>>
>>7845474

He didn't say it was undetectable. He said one drop gives it heat.
>>
File: Cajohns-Trinidad-Hotsauce.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
Cajohns-Trinidad-Hotsauce.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
Only tried Dave's Gourmet Ghost Pepper. Great for adding to large amounts of food but not enough flavour to use as a dipping sauce or straight on something.

Pic related is probably the best of both worlds for me. Works well in a large pot of chili but tastes good directly on food too.
>mate wants to try it neat
>drop on his finger, loves it
>adds it to his hotdog
>bites into it and the sausage bursts a little spitting hot fat and scorpion sauce into his eye
>other friend and I laugh so hard we almost throw up
>>
Bought a basket of Dave's Insanity for the bf. He doesn't seem to touch it. I put a mere drop of the scorpion sauce in a huge crock of chili once and it was supremely heaty. But edible. I threw some home smoked ham in it too.
>I'm a girl btw ^____^
>>
>1,000,000 SHU

From my experience everything pushing 250,000+ can't be used as a condiment unless you want the entire dish to taste like hot pepper

If I can't put half a teaspoon on a burger and still taste the burger the sauce just ends up on a shelf collecting dust except for once in a while when I make salsa or something
>>
>>7845648
It has a pretty long shelf life. My bottle from 10 years ago is still good. I use it for sauces, chili, tacos, hell it's great (with only a few drops) in egg salad.
>>
>>7845474
But feces dont contribute to flavor

Heat does
>>
>>7845774

heat is not a flavor.
>>
>>7845202
insanity sauce is shit. Its condensed cayenne and is all about the heat than the flavor. There's no point to ever buy it except as a gag gift or a vanity.
Any of those sauces that concentrate the capsaicin in general are junk.
>>
>>7845853

I think anything that contains "oleoresin of capsicum" "pepper extract" "capsaicin extract" or similar always taste like shit

It's like they strip all the bitter, strong spiciness out of the peppers and leave behind all the actual flavor which is probably what the process really is
>>
>>7845346
There's no need for extract unless you have a fuckhuge pot of chili. A drop or two can ruin a whole batch unless you have a death wish for heat
>>
>>7845537
Fuck off
>>
>>7845176
OP here. I tried some on a couple burgers that I made yesterday. The first one... Nearly killed me (figuratively). The second one wasn't as bad tho. However my mouth and tongue were still hot for quite some time afterwards and I was physically exhausted. It's definitely a bet sauce.
>>
>>7845853
>is all about the heat than the flavor
So you're telling me it's hot sauce?
>>
File: 1467648770793.jpg (11 KB, 219x230) Image search: [Google]
1467648770793.jpg
11 KB, 219x230
>using anything hotter than tabasco
>>
>>7848369

Hot sauce is like alcohol, once you build tolerance you need stronger stuff in larger amounts to get your fix

If you don't regularly pour red savina habanero, naga/bhut jolokia, ghost pepper and/or carolina reaper sauce on your spicy food consider yourself a responsible hot saucer

t. atheist fedorameme master
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.