[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
health
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 10
File: stir fry.jpg (989 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
stir fry.jpg
989 KB, 2000x1333
Trying to rework my diet to be a lot healthier.
What are some cheap and healthy things i can make that still taste great?
>>
File: ba.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
ba.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
>>7844245
Beans
>>
Sadly cheap and healthy doesn't necessary go hand in hand. At least not where I'm from. But try to cut out as much of red and processed meat as possible. Chicken, fish, seafood, beans and lentils are all low in calories and cholesterol. Salmon is higher in cals but also contains some very healthy fats. Vegetables of all kinds are wonderful, fresh or frozen. Leafy greens like spinach, kale, cabbage etc are popular for a reason. Avocados, nuts and olives (I'd say egg yolks as well) contains healthy and important fats and studies made shows that there are no evidence linking these type of fat to obesity. As long as you cut down on junk food and sweets to once a week, eat a wide variety of greens and more lean meats or less meat in general, cutting down on your dairy intake and most importantly, cook your own food you really shouldn't have to change your diet that much to begin with.
>>
Any basic stir fry noodles
>>
>>7844259
How does one not get shitty in the stomach after eating beans? Every time I eat beans I become a fucking gassy mexican, and my shit is pure porridge.
>>
veggie bean chili with aspartame
>>
>>7844382

boil them properly
also I guess it takes some getting used to. If your gut flora isn't used to the fiber and sugars from beans it might be worse than when you eat beans regularly.
>>
Just eat less fat shit
>>
>Eat

Fruit (berries),leafy vegetables,legumes,white meat and sea food.

>Consume moderately

Animal products (especially red meat),nuts,root vegetables,spices and cereals.

>Don't eat

Processed or hyper palatable-elaborated food.
Sugar,oil,fluor ect.
>>
File: chicken_vegetables_rice.jpg (108 KB, 1000x666) Image search: [Google]
chicken_vegetables_rice.jpg
108 KB, 1000x666
>>7844245
I could eat this everyday. Some kind of sauced white meat chicken, steamed rice, and steamed vegetables.

And get off your fat ass. Go throw a frisbee or buy a lawn mower and cut people's lawns.
>>
>>7844245
Let me happily redirect you to my home board >>>/fit/, you might get bullied a little bit but you should also receive some very useful information
>>
>>7844276
Dairy is fine if your diet is good

>>7844245
Cabbage is 50p for 4 servings. Frozen veggies 89p/kg. Sardines 35p/can. Brown rice, oats, dry lentils literally pennies a serving
>>
>>7844986
fruit is expensive as shit
>>
>>7845003
what's the sauce that shit looks tasty af
>>
>>7844245
Ratatouille!
>>
Stir fries (chose noodles or rice and a large selection of veggies and eggs or really cheap cut of pork along with some simple seasoning and garlic/ginger etc.

Vegetable curries. One of my favourites is made with chickpeas, Japanese eggplant, spinach and tomato. Use jarred curry paste or your own blend of spices. Serve with rice and homemade flatbread.

Home-made pizza. Load up on veggies and sauce, use a thin crust and go easy with the slices of mozzarella.

Fish. If you're lucky enough to live in a coastal area then get fresh fish. Some fish is very cheap like pollock and mackerel. If not, get frozen I guess. Pan sear it or foil-bake it with some flavour of you chosing and serve with rice or roast potatoes and plenty of steamed veg.
>>
>>7846106
Fruit is not expensive. Get better at shopping.
>>
>>7846354
hoisin
>>
File: x2.jpg (204 KB, 2060x816) Image search: [Google]
x2.jpg
204 KB, 2060x816
Save yourself
Save the animals
Save the world

Go vegan
>>
File: 2.jpg (33 KB, 500x299) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
33 KB, 500x299
>>7847192
>vegan
>cheap
>>
>>7847180
Fruit is expensive. Get better at shitposting.
>>
File: spudvader.jpg (116 KB, 970x1125) Image search: [Google]
spudvader.jpg
116 KB, 970x1125
>>7847203
>implying potatoes are expensive
>>
>>7847203
three dollars will feed a starving african kid for a week, beans and rice are cheap as fuck.
>>
>>7847228
>you can live off a vegan diet for very cheap if you live like a starving african child
>>
>>7844276
>Salmon is higher in cals but also contains some very healthy fats.
Are you a woman? A pound of salmon is like 700 calories.

It's so easy to count calories, just do intermittent fasting and eat two big meals a day. You get two big pieces of meat and whatever else you want with it.

"don't eat red meat that often" advice is so dumb, what do you think our ancestors ate for hundreds of thousands of years? They were hunting herd animals, they weren't raising chickens. We're adapted to eat red meat.
>>
File: harvard.png (602 KB, 957x909) Image search: [Google]
harvard.png
602 KB, 957x909
>>7844986
>>7845023
>>7847192
fuck off.
>>
>>7847368
I am, and an eating disordered one so my idea of healthy eating may vary from yours. So my first reaction was healthy=losing weight and then my reason set my straight and I didn't bother to rephrase.
Of course eating red meat never killed nobody but neither did cutting down on it. Assuming one cares about cholesterol levels, red meats and dairy are things to go easier on. Everything in moderation is key.
>>
lentils, beans, eggs, carrots, potatoes, tomatoes, garlic, rice
>>
Water, underage girls
>>
>>7847905
I read that as underwater girls
>>
Growing up my mom never used spices or vegetables in meals because my dad would go throwing plates out the windows if he saw peas or broccoli in the dish. It was meat, potato, tomato salad every day for years.

I want to get into the canned beans and canned greens, anything I should now? Are they ok?

What are your best canned beans recipes?
>>
File: image.jpg (231 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
231 KB, 1024x768
I love me some Ratatouille - delicious and healthy, yet surprisingly easy.
>>
File: image.jpg (153 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153 KB, 800x600
>>
File: 1428780144346.jpg (185 KB, 699x757) Image search: [Google]
1428780144346.jpg
185 KB, 699x757
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.