[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what was your favorite poverty food when you were young /ck/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 45354535345.jpg (74 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
45354535345.jpg
74 KB, 1280x720
what was your favorite poverty food when you were young /ck/?
>pic related
>>
>>7843801

Ramen. Or steamed carrots, red potatoes and broccoli.
>>
Couscous and a tuna can.

Or replace tuna with fried eggs, just put them on top of the couscous.

The first one is easier to cook, all you need is a bowl, hot water and a microwave.

I'm not ashamed of it, i still do it 2-3 times a week.
>>
>>7843801
I used to yell at my mom when she put the flavor packet in ramen while it was cooking instead of when it was in the bowl. It tastes so much better if you put the flavor packet in after you take the noodles off the heat.
>>
Bread cereal (pieces of bread with sugar and milk)
>>
>>7843837
No. In while cooking saturates the "noodles" with "flavor". She was right.

For me, Walmart root beer and Totino's pizza
>>
>>7843801
shit on a shingle.

Bechamel and ground meat over toast.
>>
>>7843864
you are over halfway to bread pudding. i like the name "bread cereal" though.
>>
Egg washed bread...
A single egg and two pieces of white bread pan fried with a little butter was god send for me and my sister when we were little.
>>
>>7843975
That is called french toast, and it is fucking delicious with a little salt, sugar, and vanilla (artificial, since i guess poverty and it doesn't taste any better than the real thing)
>>
File: Malawach.jpg (187 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Malawach.jpg
187 KB, 800x600
Eh, not sure how poverty this is but my mom made malawach for me on weekends. It's just a pan fried crepe with a topping made from grated tomato, garlic, and salt.
>>
>>7843837
>cooking the noodles
Fucking savage you boil the water separately then add it to noodles and flavor packet.
Do you want shitty soggy noodles or something?
>>
>>7843801
For actual poverty food, probably cheese toast.

Couple slices of shitty white bread with a slice of american cheese on each, and into the broiler until the cheese melts and browns.
>>
cornflour cookies cereal
still eat it
>>
mom always made a big batch of pasketti
>>
Bologna tacos
>>
Egg and chips first, then tuna rice.
>>
>>7844222
American chips or British chips?
>>
>>7844181
Kek
>>
> Pasta and pesto
>>
>>7844260
Pesto is expensive though.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.