[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Low Carb High Fat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: HowtoeatLCHF1.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
HowtoeatLCHF1.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Low Carb High Fat General Thread

Why arent you curing yourself of your prediabetes/diabetes that you dont know you have?

Modern man made food is not meant for consumption in the human body. Pure isolated sugar is a toxin to the body..

Other names for the LCHF diet is keto/atkins/paleo etc which basically all believe the same primary principles and are in favor of dramatically reducing carbs/grains/processed foods/soda/juice and increasing protein,fat,and vegetables intake and all things natural

Why do you not follow this philosophy of thought on dieting?

Only denialist sugar and starch addicts will claim that carbs are healthy
>>
File: lchf (1).jpg (47 KB, 491x576) Image search: [Google]
lchf (1).jpg
47 KB, 491x576
>>7843426
no diabetes occurs because of carbohydrates which raise your blood sugar and high blood sugar destroys your body over time

if you eat a lot of grains and sugars then its likely you are somewhere on the spectrum and doing harm to yourself

normal people arent aware of their blood sugar and could be walking around in a partially diseased state unaware
>>
>>7843416
>Why do you not follow this philosophy of thought on dieting?
Suck a bag of dicks, loser.
>>
I do atkins
or at least a more refined version, I limit my diet to less than 5 net grams of carbs per day

Sucks when you're trying to get off sugar

Feels amazing, and I've already lost a lot of weight
>>
>>7843426
>diabetes is caused by glucose
>literally no glucose in fat

you have to be trolling. starches turn into glucose.
>>
>>7844650
Starch isn't fat.
>>
>>7844650
>Starch
>thinking it's a fat

Are you fucking retarded?
>>
File: 1463465345922.jpg (107 KB, 400x417) Image search: [Google]
1463465345922.jpg
107 KB, 400x417
>>7844650
>>
>>7843416
>all things natural
You do realise that almost everything we eat are products of centuries of selective breeding and agriculture? And let's not even get into the vast difference between the dietary needs of modern humans adapted to agriculture and cavemen...

By the way, all diets boil down to the same thing; spend more energy than you take in, and you're guaranteed to lose weight. Paleo just saves you the trouble of counting calories, but is no more effective than eating normally and having self-control.
>>
File: retards.png (107 KB, 978x334) Image search: [Google]
retards.png
107 KB, 978x334
>mods are shit
>call them out
>oh it must be the same guy! banned for ban evasion!
No, retard mods. Go through the history, we are two different posters. You've gotten to a point where people are bitching about you because you are doing a shitty job.

I'll be resetting my modem again, but just wanted to call you out on your bullshit again.
>>
File: 20160611_234931-1.jpg (3 MB, 2161x2314) Image search: [Google]
20160611_234931-1.jpg
3 MB, 2161x2314
>>7843416
Eating low carb high fat has helped me lose a lot of weight. I find it easier to stick to because of how satieted i am with the foods i eat, compared to eating a more balanced carb/protein/fat diet at a calorie deficit. Still takes discipline but in my experience low carb with moderate cardio (swimming) is the easiest way to lose weight.

I've eating LCHF for 60 days, eating anywhere between 1500 and 2500 calories a day, and have lost 40 lbs. Feeling pretty great about it to be perfectly honest with you all
>>
I've been vegan for 2 years now, and just recently started out trying high fat low carb, being on the other end of the spectrum the past couple of years, with a very low fat diet.

I still don't eat shitty animal products, but I've been doing a lot of coconut, nuts, hemp, chocolate, and tons of veges and lentils. I've noticed I've had a better time retaining muscle while losing fat, which was a difficult thing to do with high carb. It's been a few weeks so far and I will continue this throughout my cut.
>>
>>7843416
Wholegrains, tubers, legumes and fruit are perfectly healthy. I would only do this if I ate loads of processed sweet garbage and fucked up my insulin sensitivity
>>
I did Keto for like 8 months. I was pretty heavy before and limited myself to 20g of carbs a day, shooting for 1500 (or less) cal a day. I ended up losing 60 lbs, and then keeping it off for like 2 years (I started cheating in sugars, then gave up on Keto)

It's hard, I'll say that. Pasta and Potatos are incredibly satisfying, and you never realize how much you miss things like that till you can't have it.

BUT.

It was glorious to drink a 500 cal coffee every morning, with heavy cream in it.
>>
>>7844882
This is interesting to me. A lot of vegan posters on this board get all butthurt about low carb diets thinking they're synonymous with eating tons of meat. I do keto, and although I eat some meat, my diet most closely resembles a vegetarian's (everything fresh, a lot of vegetables). I'm curious how you do this. What are your sources of protein besides lentils?
>>
File: harvard.png (602 KB, 957x909) Image search: [Google]
harvard.png
602 KB, 957x909
>meat fat, dairy, refined oils
>healthier than being mostly pescatarian
Consensus seems to be against your fads OP. Eating offal and the original source of veg oils seems superior. The same for wholegrains, maybe your idea of carbs is same the far-removed idea you have of fat/oil.
>>
So, LCHFG, what's your take on Keto Chow and other Keto meal replacement foods?

I've been following a pretty strict paleo diet for a while, but I'm finding it harder and harder to find time to cook a good meal lately, and I don't want to eat only omelets and bacon every meal for the rest of my life.

I know these shakes defy every tenant of a paleo diet, but I've been looking for a good meal replacement for when I don't have time to cook and the sweet cravings threaten me, and these look to be the best low carb, high fat meal replacement shakes I'll find.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.