[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Eggs be gone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1135_fluffy_cheese_omelette.jpg (40 KB, 530x530) Image search: [Google]
1135_fluffy_cheese_omelette.jpg
40 KB, 530x530
Perfect way to make an omelet?
I know to keep it moist. And seasoning it
It's the goddamn folding.
>>
>>7842837
What's so tough about folding it? have a good no stick pan or grease the pan well. It's easy.

With the right pan, I can easily do the classic cartoon like flip.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RThnq3-d6PY
>>
>>7842842
I was aiming for perfection . I.e. the stuff you serve at The Ritz
>>
>>7842852
Good ol' Julia. Never miss her
>>
>>7842853
It's fucking scrambled eggs you don't scramble and then flip, add cheese, and fold.

There's not much to "perfecting" it other than being pretentious and using garnishes.
>>
>>7842837
>julienne kale leaves, saute with garlic, lemon juice and add parmesan cheese when kale is cooked.
>4 eggs and 1/4 cup of milk into bowl, whisk thoroughly to add some air.
>Preheat 12" non-stick pan on medium heat with olive oil or butter, add eggs and move pan around to try to get eggs evenly distributed.
>Cover pan until the eggs at the the top of the omelette are beginning to look cooked.
>Add sauteed kale to one half of omelette, add some extra parmesan, and using a large spatula, tilt pan and flip the omelette.
>Put omelette on plate, put pico on top with some pepper
Shit is good mang
>>
>>7842868
Add cheese ? Youre delirious.
Btw its not scrambled
>>
>>7842853
We can argue to you how to get a perfect omelette, or you can just make one every morning and just practice.

It's not hard, it's just a matter of learning when/ how the eggs should look and when to flip them. Start off with a low heat, half butter/half oil to give yourself time to work, then gradually work your way up to a medium high and full butter when you're fast enough not to overcook/burn anything.
>>
>>7842877
>Not understanding the gist of the post in that you beat the eggs.
>>
>>7842875
Fuck me, Im gonna try this
>>
>>7842880
I can make any omelet in a heartbeat. Just wanna refine my craft.
>>
>>7842852
https://youtu.be/OdLVqC3--A0
>>
>>7842852
Whelp, anon has it covered. Someone get the lights on the way out. (Jacques would go apoplectic over cracking the eggs on the edge of the bowl).
/thread
>>
The right amount of rice wine vinegar makes the eggs really tasty. Too little and you won't notice, too much is weird.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.