[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have approximately 9USD I can spend on food for the next 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: 1267756669499.jpg (154 KB, 800x532) Image search: [Google]
1267756669499.jpg
154 KB, 800x532
I have approximately 9USD I can spend on food for the next 3 weeks.

I have 4 big carrots, 4 big potatoes, 3 peppers, two and a half onions, around 200g of beef, wheat tortillas, crackers, cereal, powdered milk, one can of tuna, three big tomatoes, some sweet sandwich bread, one papaya, a dozen of eggs (I think), some soup packets and a ton of rice I can cook.

That and spices, sugar, a little bit of flour, powered cocoa, honey, coffee and stuff that isn't necessarily food.

What do you guys think I should buy with my limited budget and what can I cook to take the most advantage of what I already have?
>>
Rice, beans, chicken or beef.

You've got rice and beef. So get some beans and onions.
>>
>>7842622
>9 bucks for the next 3 weeks

Just go back to africa bud
>>
how about an avocado
>>
>>7842622
You're fucked. Sell some shit.
>>
>>7842633
I have like a third of an avocado
>>
7 limes
>>
>>7842622

buy multivitamins, flour and more oil

crush up the multi vitamins, mix with flour sugar and oil and roll into balls

maybe add some cocoa if you wanna be fancy
>>
>>7842622
A week bus pass so you can get a job
>>
File: Dollar_Tree_Cake_Mix.jpg (74 KB, 450x618) Image search: [Google]
Dollar_Tree_Cake_Mix.jpg
74 KB, 450x618
>>7842622

eat all the stuff you have first then buy 9x of picture related
>>
supercook.com
>>
>>7842622
GO to a food bank.
Go dumpster diving.
Go to friends/family homes for dinner.
Buy milk and eat cereal.
>>
>>7842639
laughed out loud
>>
>>7842622
It depends, are you looking for pure sustenance or do you like want to make something fancy with your ingredients?
You could make gnocchi with the potatoes if you want. You could make a chocolate souffle with the eggs and powdered cocoa. You can make tacos with the tortillas, the tomatoes, and the beef. You could use the onions and the beef together to make a hamburger and just eat it between the sandwich bread. You can make curry rice with the spices and the rice.
>>
>>7842622
>a ton of rice
Sell half a ton of rice.

At the current price, that should yield roughly $200 for meat and veg to supplement your rice meal.

http://www.indexmundi.com/commodities/?commodity=rice
>>
>>7842622
If you're going for merely survival, just try to find the cheapest beans/whole chicken you can. Rice with beans and white meal it's the cheaper and the more substantial of your options.
>>
I'm going to teach you how to cook a beef wellington, which if you make a big enough log of you can subsist on this for a good 2 months entirely.

In a food processor, liquefy the carrots, tomatoes, onions, peppers, and potatoes. In a large bowl, mix a bit of sugar, spices (I enjoy nutmeg, mustard, and pumpkin pie seasoning), the soup packets, bread, crackers, cereal, and powdered milk. Crush until uniform. Add in a few eggs (reserve at least two, you can add however many you want), and the coffee (espresso grind), and mix until it forms a dough. In another bowl, mix the beef, rice (uncooked), and tuna. Roll out the dry ingredients and eggs bowl on your counter, using half your bit of flour if too sticky, then adhere your beef. Roll this into a log, then smear on the liquefied vegetables. Cover this with tortillas until sealed, then dredge in an egg and the rest of your flower. Bake this in a 600 degree oven in an Itialian bread tray for 4 hours on low, then serve in triangle slices and garnish with tiny fingerfuls of your last egg.

For dessert, mix the papaya, honey, and cocoa powder by hand until it forms a tacky dough, then let this ferment uncovered in the center of your house overnight. In the morning ants will have accrued on the outside but died due to the sticky, nightlong froth. Re-knead making sure not to overcrush the ants. Their corpses give a lemony flavor and provide some protein. Bake this on low until it drops through your oven rack and catches on fire, then scrape out the cinder and there you have it, a tasty sweet-sour cowboy bark.
>>
File: 1415711827148s.jpg (9 KB, 125x120) Image search: [Google]
1415711827148s.jpg
9 KB, 125x120
>>7844569
Nice
>>
File: gud_post.png (66 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
gud_post.png
66 KB, 420x420
>>7844569
>>
>>7844569
underrated
>>
File: cowboy food meme.jpg (37 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
cowboy food meme.jpg
37 KB, 500x375
>>7844569
Cowboy food is now meme.
>>
>>7842622

Get a $8.99 large pizza (Mon-Thurs only) from domino's and have one slice every three days
>>
>>7842622
Buy a job
>>
Suck some dick
Buy some McDonalds Big Mac with a side of crisp fries
>>
>>7842622
5 boxes of spaghetti and 4 big cans of peeled tomatoes.
Reduce tomatoes, add any veggies you can spare of you want, some Italian seasoning and a little ketchup
>>
>>7842622
excluding the grains you have, basically everything with some degree of nutrition, you have a total of 3000 calories of this

if you get a whole chicken, you can add another 2,000 calories, then you can make stock, and then grind up the FUCKING BONE and eat it, you can squeeze another 300 out of it maybe, and be left with 3-4 dollars, to get produce to supplement your nutrient intake. leaving you with 7-8k calories of good nutrition. perhaps more, if you find sales

that will leave you with perhaps 350 calories of actual nutrition per day out of 21 days. simply ration all of your food that isn't simple carbs, into 21 portions. im assuming youre an adult male, so you probably want 1800 calories a day on a ration, so 15% of your diet will be actual nutrition

this is auschwitz tier but you will survive
>>
>>7846823
P.S., make sure you portion out the beef, eat that first, and then purchase the chicken a few days after the beef is all gone, so that you don't lack protein as badly for the last stretch
>>
>>7842622
Watch the Martian and then plant your potatoes.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.