[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I into olive oil dipping? Do you guys add something to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 2016-07-02-13-53-26--162470855.jpg (5 KB, 200x133) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-02-13-53-26--162470855.jpg
5 KB, 200x133
How do I into olive oil dipping? Do you guys add something to it or just dip your bread as it is?
>>
Generally do a float of real Balsamic over it.

Make sure it's good olive oil - remember that in the US you can label anything extra virgin you want.
>>
>>7841818
Thanks. But how do you recognise real balsamic? I didn't know they sell fake
>>
>>7841823

Usually price, or look for designated place origin labels. That stuff you're seeing for $6 a bottle is vinegar and caramel though.

http://www.seriouseats.com/2014/05/everything-you-need-to-know-guide-to-balsamic-vinegar.html
>>
Buy some za'atar (preferably Palestinian), dip the bread in olive oil and then in the za'atar.
>>
>>7841814
>Dip crusty bread into fruity extra virgin olive oil

That is all you need to know.
>>
What I like to do is tear off a piece of fresh crusty bread, pop it in my mouth and then drink a little olive oil while the bread's still in my mouth.

Mmm!
>>
>>7841814
It's still fat, you know.
>>
RULES:
The bread must have rosemary in it
The oil must have black pepper in it
>>
I prefer:

>couple spoonfuls of good olive oil
>mix fresh pepper and provencal seasoning in oil
>bit of redwine vinegar or balsamico on top
>crumbly goat cheese cut into small cubes
>olives (smaller ones preferably)
>mix olives, cheese, whatever you will with seasoned oil
>slice baguette into rings and bake a bit on pan on either side (dry or on some garlic oil)
>eat the dressed condiments while dipping bread now and then
>dont go too wild with salt in oil as the olives and cheese will be salty already
>this is already a bit overcomplicated, most people like it even more plain and find that less is more
>>
I roast garlic and add it to the oil last, prior to basil, red pepper, black pepper, a little rosemary, this >>7841818, grated romano, and when I'm done I nuke it for a little bit, like 15-20 seconds tops.
>>
>>7841814
>How do I into
Use English faggot
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.