[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Love
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1463763850258.jpg (393 KB, 1085x1280) Image search: [Google]
1463763850258.jpg
393 KB, 1085x1280
Is cooking with love real?
>>
I hope this doesn't turn into a cooking with semen thread.
>>
I wouldn't actually call it love. But I know what it means when people say that. When I cook for people I care about I do everything I can to make it as amazing as possible, no matter how tedious or fussy.
>>
It doesn't really refer to anything other than a sense of nostalgia people get for eating food that reminds them of the food they grew up with.

Usually that means it's made by hand, but not necessarily given any real care in the preparation - it's just the kind of meal that a grandma has thoughtlessly thrown together for half a century.
>>
OH YES MRS. FORMAN
THERE'S A WHOLE BIG BAG OF LOVE IN THESE BROWNIES
>>
>>7840051
Thread/
>>
>>7840051
>>7840065

>I do everything I can to make it as amazing as possible, no matter how tedious or fussy

So a Michelin star restaurant "cooks with love"? That's not what it means.
>>
File: 1464983445695.jpg (31 KB, 540x390) Image search: [Google]
1464983445695.jpg
31 KB, 540x390
>>7840074
>he fell for the michelin star meme
>>
>>7840074
I don't think it's that inaccurate. A Michelin star chef obviously wants the food to be as perfect as possible, putting great care into cooking. That's the "philosophy" of one at least, isn't it?
>>
>>7840078

>A Michelin star chef obviously wants the food to be as perfect as possible, putting great care into cooking

I agree with that part, I just disagree that that's the definition of cooking with love, which I think most people associate with home cooking/family cooking.

I'd honestly say that Marie's tomato sauce was "cooked with love" before I'd say the same about anything I'd order at one of Gordon Ramsay's restaurants.
>>
>>7840054
I disagree with everything about this post. Cooking with love is intending to make people happy with your food and couldn't be farther from "thoughtlessly thrown together" I don't believe there is a a correlation with nostalgia either.
>>
>>7840083

>i disagree with everything about this post

The post above yours is an elaboration of what I meant.
>>
>>7840090
I agree that a gordon ramsay meal isn't "cooked with love" I just think grandma cared more about your food than you realized.

When I cook for certain people I often spend all day doing it. If there is a single detail I could improve I will do it if I have the time. For example, I spent about 30 minutes picking the individual leaves off of fresh thyme I grew myself for the focaccia I made for my mother today. If I made it for someone else I know there would be a few pieces of stem in there. I care about every detail, even things people would never notice.

That is how I think about cooking with love
>>
File: 03040824.jpg (66 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
03040824.jpg
66 KB, 1024x768
>>7840045

Yes, it's when you're preparing a meal for that stray dog you adopted, or that warm soup you make for your sick mother.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.