[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what are the names of these three chinese dishes. dont bother
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: o[1].jpg (138 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
o[1].jpg
138 KB, 750x1000
what are the names of these three chinese dishes. dont bother google searching ive already tried
>>
>>7839433
bamp
>>
>>7839433
The one on the top is Yin-Yang fried rice, which is topped with shrimps in egg-white sauce and chicken in tomato sauce. It's an old Hong Kong/Chinese standby that I've enjoyed on many occasions.

The one on the bottom is less easy to identify, since there are a LOT of fried pastry dishes in Chinese cuisine. Looking at the menu of the restaurant that made these dishes (Peking Man, North York, Canada), I'd hazard a guess that that's their take on a spring roll.
>>
>>7839497
thanks bud
>>
Egg foo yung with shrimp, sweet and sour chicken and a knish
>>
>>7839497
Hes right that yinyang fried rice but what the fuck kind of spring roll is that

looks more like a turnip pastry that they have at shanghai
>>
mango and shrimp salad soup, cat pot pie
>>
>>7839433
The one on the top is Yin-Yang fried rice, which is topped with shrimps in egg-white sauce and chicken in tomato sauce. It's an old Hong Kong/Chinese standby, I never liked it myself.

The bottom dish we call paakn shrim dho nut.
>>
>>7839433
bottom left possibly shallot pancake of some kind. i know doesnt look like a pancake at all but ive had em from some restaurants in a similar fashion

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Gu_swPU0k3g/Vb3KmvjezvI/AAAAAAAACt8/2jD8H-HRH94/s1600/Ying%2BChow-2.JPG
>>
>>7840852
bottom right even

the rest could b whatever
>>
>>7839497
>>7839878
> It's an old Hong Kong/Chinese standby
why the fuck did you both say this
>>
>>7839433
Pretty sure that's a Ho Lee Fuk on the top and a Sum Ting Wong at the bottom. Source: I'm dating a Chinese chef.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.