[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
oyster cocktail rate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: oysterceeveecee.jpg (34 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
oysterceeveecee.jpg
34 KB, 640x426
Oyster cocktail

Ingredients
6 oysters, fresh, open and retain their juices
¼ to ½ onion cut into very thin slices
1 Tomato, seeded and diced
½ green sweet pepper, diced
½ tbsp. Chopped cilantro
The Juice of 5 Limes or 3 lemons
½ tablespoon of olive oil
Salt to taste

Soak the slices of onions in a cup of cold water with a teaspoon of salt and rinse well. drizzle the onions with the juice of

1 Lemon or 2 limes.
shuck the oysters, keeping the juice from the oysters. rough cut the oysters.
In a medium bowl, combine chopped oysters, their juices, onion, chopped tomato, peppers, the juice of the remaining

lemons or limes, chopped cilantro, olive oil and salt to taste.
Let marinate for about 5-10 minutes max in the fridge and serve immediately.
optional you can add a shot of tequila and a shot of clamato.

enjoy.
>>
Why would you add clamato when you're already using fresh oysters and fresh tomatoes?
>>
>>7839071
Did jack come up with that cocktail?
>>
>>7839071
Oysters don't need anything
If you want to get crazy add a little mignonette
>>
>>7839090
the red tomato color and the clam flavor is sweet.
cuts the sharpness of the limes
>>
>>7839071
Why mash them and put them into a glass when you could just put toppings on the oyster in the shell? This looks like actual vomit.
>>
>>7840079

The only reason I could think of is that it's for a party where people are standing up and want food that they can simply pick up and eat in a bite.
>>
>>7840079
>mash them

its an oyster shooter. climb up the stairs and ask your mom about them..you grab it and slurp it down. Whole oysters you have to chew more. way more. its awkward and makes more mess on the guests. Cutting the oysters is much easier for the guests to slurp down. also stretches the amount of oysters.

>tasty vomit
>>
>>7840118
Do you realize that you're only argument is "People don't want to chew!" and if you can't afford enough oysters for your guests then you'd better stick to the jello shots.
>>
>>7840273

Not him, and though I think the idea of an oyster shooter is stupid (especially with fucking juliened onions), it's still supposed to be a shooter.
>>
>>7839071
Take those green pepper and tomato out
add thinly sliced Garlic,Shallots,minced Bird's eye chili,Coriander and a dash of light fish sauce to the receipe
>>
>>7839071
Would try. But it seems to me that oysters on the half shell with a dash of Tabasco -optional- is a far more simpler way to serve them. Neat idea though.
>>
>>7840273
it not my only argument bro, its been proven.
the place sells like 200 of them a night at 8 bucks a pop. i dont think theyll be changing it soon. it was a rate thread not a how can I make it better. its been a hit on the menu for 3 years now.. (rolleyes)

>>7841351 sounds great! asian influence.
>>
>>7841425
we sell those as well. theyre boring.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.