[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Mom makes meatloaf >She fucking ruins it with onions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
>Mom makes meatloaf
>She fucking ruins it with onions

How do I get past hating onions, I swear the texture in my mouth almost makes me wanna throw it across the room

I had a panic attack once from this shit, how do I made veggies taste good?
>>
Soften them by a slow saute in butter
Season with nutmeg
And kill yourself
>>
Stop being 8 years old
>>
>>7837566
Wrong. Eat them raw, nothing is better than crisp spicy onion
>>
>>7837569
I'm like 24...
>>
>>7837563
Sounds like you're autisti(legetimentally). You're probably never going to get over it.
>>
>>7837563

Iktfb. mine does the same thing.

>dad makes meatloaf
>puts bacon weave on top of it

Feels good man.
>>
>>7837563
Some people have this really weird problem specifically with onions.

Maybe try shallots or something?
>>
Stop being a faggot and ask her to not use so much onion. Either she tells you to fuck off and make your own dinner (which you should), or she actually loves you and will alter the cooking.

I'm betting she will probably tell you to fuck off
>>
>>7837563
You're a pathetic little bitch, kys
>>
File: 1466192707722.gif (481 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1466192707722.gif
481 KB, 200x150
>preparing meatloaf
>my son is being extra autistic today, wont shut up about "WoW"
>i know how to get back at him for ruining my life
>add onions into the meatloaf, extra long strands like he hates.
>its finished
>coat it in ketchup like he likes
>put it in front of him, leave
>a minute later i hear desk smashing and a plate hitting the wall
sam get a fucking job and fuck off already.
>>
Serious answer, onions except for powder or ground, taste nasty in ground meat. I love onion in other dishes. I find them good though if you partially caramelize them before you mix in the meat. If you have a packet, you're fucked.
>>
Ask her to grate the onion or chop it as small as she can.
I hate chunks of onion sooooo i grate it or chop it about as small as i do garlic.
You gotta have onion with red meat anon. Its a must.
>>
File: cebularz.jpg (279 KB, 640x467) Image search: [Google]
cebularz.jpg
279 KB, 640x467
I hear more and more often about people hating onions. What the fuck is wrong with you? I've grown up on eating pic related, which is pretty much just bread, shitload of onions, olive oil and some poppy seeds.
>>
>>7837887
Onion can be very overpowering, anon. Especially for people who were not raised eating onions like apples, like yourself.
>>
>>7837571
>24
>still live with mom

Do the world a favor and kill yourself
>>
File: 5.png (281 KB, 600x583) Image search: [Google]
5.png
281 KB, 600x583
>>7837563
>smell that mom is cooking cream sauce and dumplings
>look forward for it since morning
>lunch time
>yaaay
>she made it with chicken instead of tenderloin
>>
File: 1467169552916.jpg (25 KB, 244x294) Image search: [Google]
1467169552916.jpg
25 KB, 244x294
>>7837956
>dumplings
>>
>>7837956
are you saying your mom deprived you of chicken tenderloins?
>>
>>7837563
it's literally a symptom of being a manchild that you don't eat onions after the age of 18.

Sure, if you're a kid you probably find them weird, as a teenager you just remember that you didn't like them, but once you're an adult you need to grow the fuck up!
>>
>>7837979
the tenderloin is supposed to be beef in the recipe, I don't know why she used chicken. I was very butt frustrated
>>
OP I would literally slap you if i had the chance
>cooking ground beef without onions
>complaining about the food mommy cooks you at 24 goddamn years old
>disliking "the texture" of something

holy god I hate you OP. Like forreal. Fight me
>>
Onions are good you fucking man child. Literally the BEST vegetable, hands down. Especially when roasted alongside a meat loaf fucking retard.
>>
if you want food made exactly how you want it

MAKE IT YOURSELF
>>
>>7838078
He doesn't know how. Literally a tendies eating manchild.
>>
I love all onions and can eat them just about any way. Just about. However, they become the worst thing in the world when they're just sliced and boiled in like a soup or stew or with corned beef. They get that soggy, translucent look and all the flavor is sapped out of them. Shit is fucking disgusting.

I got a steak and cheese during a rush lunch the other day at D'Angelo and they were like that. First time it had ever happened. Ruined the entire sandwich.
>>
Damnit, does anybody have a screenshot of that thread? It was literally just yesterday, I don't know why I didn't do it....
>>
>>7837940
I don't know where OP lives, but many people live with their parents into their thirties in Southern Europe.
>>
>>7837887
>I've grown up on
yeah of course you'll be fine with it then fucknugget
>>
>>7838109
Many millennials do that in America too
>>
>>7838109

Meatloaf is pretty much unheard of in Europe.
>>
eat more onions. exposure therapy works great.
>>
Shit, just ask her to chop the onions really fine or puree them or something jesus
>>
>>7837563
Jesus fuck, this thread.
Force yourself to eat them. Eat them in things like onion rings, cilantro and onion tacos, good shit.
Caramelize them in a pan, or even burn them, they taste a lot better like that imo.
>>
>>7837563
>how do i made veggies taste good?

There are a few veggies that come out fucking incredible when roasted, like asparagus
>>
>He doesn't like onions
What... the fuck
>>
>>7837563
It's okay anon, I didn't really like onions either until I learned how to cook. Now I use them in ~90% of my cooking. I just didn't want to make the recipes without the onions I knew needed to be in there, so I ate them with everything else. I also chopped them really fine.
>>
File: mustards.jpg (31 KB, 293x390) Image search: [Google]
mustards.jpg
31 KB, 293x390
cold meatloaf sandwich with this as the only condiment

now I want on
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.