[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the deal with people hating on school lunches? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: school-lunch-food-revolution.jpg (180 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
school-lunch-food-revolution.jpg
180 KB, 375x500
What's the deal with people hating on school lunches? I remember being a poor student back in 2005 and loving the fuck out of my stale, oven-baked potatoes and hormone-laced chocolate milk.

School lunches were never disappointment. My parents fed me shitty food, so lunch at school was always my most nutritious meal of the day, and my body grew to eagerly anticipate that lunch bell.

While everybody wasted their lunch time talking and socializing, I made sure to scarf down every last delicious morsel like the autistic introvert I was. It didn't matter that 20 of those 30 minutes were spent in line waiting for the free meal, I made sure to time every bite so that nothing went to waste.

To this day, people always ask me why I eat so fast. "you should enjoy your food" they say. I am enjoying my food! I just eat it faster than the average person does.
>>
I always hated the soy burgers but everything else was pretty good.
>>
File: 1467330842166.png (104 KB, 322x285) Image search: [Google]
1467330842166.png
104 KB, 322x285
>>7836965
because school lunches, at least in america, are shit

>cheapest possible sources
>food tastes like cardboard
>no salt in anything

and I know the whole 'make the kids healthier' shit is their reason, but why would they gain from only eating flavored cardboard if what they eat at home is loaded with unhealthy shit
>tfw you get a '''''''''burger''''''''' and theres a piece of bone in it
>>
>poor student
>lunch at school was always my most nutritious meal of the day
U like it because ur poor
>>
>>7836965

It wasn't so much the lunches, but the thought of what came after lunch period: penis inspection.
>>
My school used to do fish and chips. Then my next school had a whole bunch of shops just across the road, so I could get whatever I wanted after school, it was pretty great.
>>
File: Grilled-Cheese-wrap.jpg (127 KB, 550x619) Image search: [Google]
Grilled-Cheese-wrap.jpg
127 KB, 550x619
>They actually serve these in American public schools
>"""""hot off the grill"""""
>>
File: img_5717.jpg (206 KB, 600x1066) Image search: [Google]
img_5717.jpg
206 KB, 600x1066
I never ate a day of school lunch in highschool. I didn't even bring my own lunch, I just drank water while the others at the table ate, always offering me leftovers. I gave the school about 200 dollars because I never used the required amount of lunch money.
>>
>>7837013
>
that sqndwich is cute
>>
>>7837038
>I never used the required amount of lunch money.
wut
>>
>>7837013
Prepackaged food was the shit!
You just knew it was going to be good
>>
I miss my high school lunches. Last 2 years they introduced a new tex mex selection that was god like, looked forward to it everyday. Could not be beat for $1.10. Sides were decent too. Was a genuinely tasty meal that left me satisfied. Especially for a poor city in an overcrowded high school.
>>
>>7836965
I'm from the same era as OP. Our cafeteria offer us choices
-hamburger
-cheeseburger
-grilled chicken sandwich
-crispy chicken sandwich
-pizza
-obscure daily 'special' entree

Of course none of it was quality. It all tasted like cardboard. The ranch dressing served in little plastic thimbles was so good I still have wet dreams thinking about it though.
>>
my elementary school and middle school lunches were alright, tasted decent and good for when you or your mum didnt want to make lunch that day. they had these tacos that I liked alot that I can't seem to find anywhere now to match the taste
High school I wouldn't know, ever single day there was a huge line and I know people that would spend their entire lunch break standing in that line only to get the shitty scraps at the end. Plus by then I was making my own lunches before school all the time or just wouldnt eat until I got home
>>
>>7837013
that sandwich a cute. cute!
>>
I never ate lunch until I started trying to get /fit/ senior year. Some of the food was surprisingly good for the hood school I attended, but not a great value (was $2.75 and couldn't have been more than 400 calories).
Then halfway through the year they inexplicably cut the menu down to three of the worst items (these two gross casserole things that always got dried out, and pasta that had sogged into a starchy mush) and eliminated all the sides except a tiny scoop of apple sauce. After that almost no one got lunch, even the people who qualified for free lunch. They started bringing stuff from home and they tried unsuccessfully to ban that because blacks were destroying the microwaves by cooking retarded stuff, one dude microwaved a dead bird he'd found outside
>>
>>7837138
>spend their entire lunch break standing in that line
Holy Shit! The nostalgia...
>>
>>7837152
On my last year of school they did the same thing. I once tried that horrible slop they called pasta and immediately learnt my lesson, from then on I would just save up my money and buy something from an actual shop on the way home [spoiler]or whenever I snuck out during lunchtime[/spoiler].
>>
All the poorfags flooded this place right around the time /tv/ invaded /ck/. Not a coincidence.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.