[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many times a day do you eat? Standard of course is three,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2
How many times a day do you eat?

Standard of course is three, but they say 6 small meals throughout the day is better, and I've also read that just 1 meal a day is better.

I tend to just eat lunch and dinner, though sometimes I'll have breakfast instead of lunch
>>
>>7836856
>they say 6 small meals throughout the day is better

nope
>>
>>7836856
Three or four.

>no breakfast
>small late morning snack
>lunch
>small late afternoon snack
>dinner
>>
like 2x
>>
>>7836856
i like the danse macabre movement too
>>
>>7836856
Usually just lunch then a late dinner.
>>
I dont eat all day and then i gourge myself agter 8pm.
Fatty fat fat fat
>>
>>7836856
I only eat one meal a day lately. I wake up around midnight, get hungry around 3 or 4 am, cook a filling meal then don't eat again. I go to sleep around 2 pm. Rinse repeat
>>
Trying out intermittent fasting. The idea is to skip breakfast, and snacking altogether. But get a relatively huge lunch and dinner to make up for it.
>>
>>7836856

Is this a white people thing?

I just eat breakfast, lunch and dinner, or; whenever I'm hungry.
>>
I eat three main meals and a snack or two. I feel like garbage if I don't eat breakfast so I clearly lost the genetic lottery
>>
>>7836856
Depends.
Some days I'm just not hungry and can go all day without eating, or just having a small meal at night. Some days I wake up hungry and am hungry all day long and eat a shit ton. Most days, though, I eat a small lunch, and normal portioned dinner, and that's about it.
>>
>wake up 2pm
>too late to havel unch mum will yetll at me for spolinmg appetitie
>wait 7pm until dinner eat slop mother has prepared
>sleep at 10am repeat
>>
It depends. I generally eat one meal a day around 3:00 p.m., and then snack on stuff throughout the day.
>>
Depends what I do with my day and at what times I have access to kitchen.

Usually it either
8-9 am breakfast, 1-2 pm dinner, 6-8 pm supper
or
10-11 am breakfast, 5-6 pm dinner
>>
>>7837601

I'm the exact opposite. If I eat anything before 11:00 a.m. it makes me feel like shit.
>>
I eat 3 main meals a day but I snack on fruit and nuts in between, sometimes chips

I'm not fat tho
>>
>>7836856
Usually just once. I just drink a lot of coffee during the day or a few beers if I'm working in the basement, and then get Brazilian food or poke or falafel after I get off work.
>>
Since my life is sad, I usually eat three meals and ten snacks a day.
>>
>>7836856
My big meals are lunch and dinner but I eat a bunch of snacks of fruits and vegetables throughout the day.
>>
I eat three times a day, first two meals being a bowl of oats and fruit, third is usually a bowl of fried rice and some roasted meat.
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 680x793) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 680x793
>>7837625
>>
>>7836856
I eat one meal a day and sometimes snack throughout the day too.

I feel healthier than when I ate 2 or 3 meals a day
>>
>>7836856
I pretty much eat one meal a day at this point, maybe with some snacking thrown in. It seems to work quite well for me, but I've also been trying to lose weight.
>>
Due to how the mess hall works around here, for the last 2 weeks it's been
10:00-10:15 breakfast
12:30-13:00 lunch
Around 19-20 dinner
>>
>>7836856
I eat three main meals a day and rarely snack.

>they say 6 small meals throughout the day is better
Who the fuck are "they"? I doubt they are anyone familiar with science.
>>
>>7837625
you sleep 4 hours a day?
>>
>>7837541
weird schedule.
>>
>>7836856
Usually twice. Late breakfast then dinner.
>>
Wake up 10:30am

Eat at 11am

Eat at 6:30pm

Sleep at 2am

Repeat

Sometimes snack during the day, sometimes not, depends what I eat for the 2 main meals really
>>
>Tiny meal before work, like a light sandwich
>Work on busy kitchen as sous chef, and I taste everything, so that fuels me throughout the day.
>Get home, eat dinner
>Have a light snack as I go to bed, like apples or pretzels or something.

I'm pretty much consistently eating though.
>>
>>7836856
You want 12 really small meals a day.
>>
>>7837541
You sleep for ten hours a day?
>>
>>7840494

ideally eat about 2 weighty, high-calorie meals a day, dispersed by small caloric snacks.

realistically though it doesn't fucking matter because in the wild you eat whenever food is available. just avoid ketosis
>>
>>7836856
I usually eat 3 meals and 2 snacks (fruit and/or mixed nuts)
>>
>>7836860
Wow you sure refuted him with facts and carefully worded arguments, well done.
>>
generally 1 or 2. it's shit. i need to eat more.
>>
>>7837560

Started doing this, getting great results.

The 'eat more smaller meals' is based on a fallacy, that the amount of energy used to digest is constant. It's not, it's proportional to the meal size. Meanwhile frequent meals keep a high level of insulin level throughout the day, which is actually quite bad for you.
>>
I've been eating two moderate to large cooked meals a day recently, as well as a smaller meal. The other day I had a full English breakfast, a mixed grill at a pub for dinner, and some pasta with tomato sauce for supper. I've been skinny for ages, but since I quit drinking every day I've been eating a tonne.
>>
Eat all my nutrition within a 4 hour window around the same time each day. Works great for my personal metabolism.
>>
late breakfast late dinner
>>
I lost 60 lbs eating 6-8 times a day. Eating when I wasn't even hungry. It was all healthy small meals/snacks obviously.

I'm back to eating 2 large meals a day now. I don't have time for lots of little meals anymore.
>>
What job actually allows you to be able to eat those small meals? I get only one lunch
>>
>>7841515
If you ask your boss to give you 5 minutes to eat when you need to and deduct it from your break, most of the time people are ok with it. Sometimes you don't even need to stop working to snack on something. I guess it depends what you do for work.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.