[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are strawberries so goddamn overrated? They taste like shit.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: Strawberry1.jpg (43 KB, 550x424) Image search: [Google]
Strawberry1.jpg
43 KB, 550x424
Why are strawberries so goddamn overrated? They taste like shit. Only 1 in every 10 strawberries is actually sweet and the rest are just shit. I don't see how do many people like then
>>
>>7835543
Because other people buy better strawberries than the crap you've been tasting.

Produce varies wildly in quality. It sounds like you had some shitty farmed-out-of-season and picked-before-they-were-ripe strawberries. Typical for supermarkets, really.
>>
>>7835547
And that concludes another thread.
Good work, anon.
>>
Only home grown strawberries taste like strawberries. Pick-your-own works too... the tastiest strawberries do not pack or ship well.
>>
>>7835547
This. Here in Bong we get Spanish & Dutch strawberries all year 'round, and they're fucking awful. Actual in-season English strawberries actually taste of strawberry, because they've been grown slowly, outside (or at the very least in open ended poly-tunnel).

Also OP supermarket fruit is usually sold under-ripe so that it doesn't rot as soon as you get it home. Buy decent fruit and leave it a few days and it might ripen a little more.
>>
>>7835547
Only thing worse is supermarket tomatoes
>>
File: 1440725893389.jpg (238 KB, 805x581) Image search: [Google]
1440725893389.jpg
238 KB, 805x581
>have sensitive faggot teeth
>bite into cold strawberry
>>
File: coalminer.jpg (9 KB, 199x253) Image search: [Google]
coalminer.jpg
9 KB, 199x253
totes, OP
not a lot to strawberries
find them quite meh
crab legs are overrated, too
>>
The real question is why supermarkets get away with selling ice-crystal no-taste unripe garbage produce.

>buy peaches
>they skip ripe, go straight from hard and flavorless to fuzzy mold yet still crunchy
>buy nectarines
>crunchy with bad spots and split open core, revealing internal mold
>buy strawberries
>taste like nothing

No wonder people eat prepackaged food. This is garbage.
>>
>>7835543
>he eats produce from the superar keto
Why even live?
>>
>>7835543
hahahhaha you don't live in california sucks for you
>>
>>7835543
You must live in the US. In my country strawberries are always sweet and big.
>>
>>7835800
>CAcucks actually believe their state isn't dogshit
>>
The best strawberries I've ever had were from Norway. Some dude on a roadside stand was selling them for a hideous amount of money because everything is so damn expensive there, but sweet fancy moses those strawberries were like candy. Then we went for a hike through some boggy hill country and I ate wild cloudberries and fucked a chubby Norwegian grill.

I miss Norway.
>>
>>7835682
Supermarket produce, meat etc is usually utter garbage, but it's the only accessible source for a large number of people. You can make it palatable with the right care and knowledge, but I understand why this seems pointless to the people who opt for frozen pizza. If your tomatoes taste like cucumbers, what's the point in making your own sauce?
>>
>>7835543
Buy better berries.
Strawberries are wonderful, and their health benefits are amazing for such a cute little fruit. They are antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and are full of antioxidants.
>>
>>7835828

Where else do you get your produce, especially in winter? You have your own 100 acre farm with greenhouses?
>>
>>7835652
This. How is it even possible to extract all trace of flavor from them? It's a miracle of science.

I like strawberries when they're good, but cherries are much easier to shop for at the supermarket.
>>
>>7836078
farmers' market
>>
>>7835543
Well you clearly never have tasted finnish strawberries.
>>
>>7836078
>Where else do you get your produce
Supermarket, but check the food carefully before buying.
Farmer's market.

>>especially in winter?
I don't buy much produce in winter because the quality is usually awful. That's where canned or otherwise preserved summer veggies come in.

>You have your own 100 acre farm with greenhouses?
Nope. Shop according to what's good during each season rather than buying the same things year-round regardless of quality.
>>
>>7838694
agreed, finnish strawberries are godtier. and now they're in season too
>>
>>7836078

We usually still have some dedicated small shops for produce/meat/etc who buy their own shit at auctions, where they can buy the restaurant quality shit.
>>
>>7835543
You don't know how to properly choose them.
>>
Sorry, couldnt be bother with above genius post.
Seems like op only had some semi ripe from spain.. Try the real deal
>>
>>7835817
i'm so offended man i'm gonna go grab a burrito and some sushiand maybe some delicious strawberries and head to the beach and cry about it :)
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.