[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just got my first tub of this at 22 years old and I think I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (2 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 750x1334
I just got my first tub of this at 22 years old and I think I could live off this shit... What goes well with hummus? Right now I just have pretzels and tortilla chips.
>>
>>7827497
Bread, pickles, olives, fafafel, roasted eggplant salad, cabbage salad, Aleppo pepper, tomato, cucumber and onion salad, fried cauliflower.
>>
>>7827497
pretty much everything
>>
>>7827497
this hummus with asturi rosemary bruschettini is my favorite snack ever
>>
>>7827497
Fucking pita chips!!!
>>
>>7827497
Lamb, beef, chicken.
>>
>>7827497

I like it as a sandwich spread, on bagels, etc.

For the record, Aldi has great hummus for significantly less than Sabra or Cedar or any other big brand. I don't know if you're as budget-conscious as I have to be, but that's where I get it when I get it.
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 309x463) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 309x463
>>7827517
I'll have to look into that! Santa was actually one of the cheapest here at a giant eagle. & I just put some on a burger bun so I'll see how that goes
>>
>>7827533

BEEEEEANS!
>>
>>7827517
>>7827533
Just buy cheap canned chick peas, toasted sesame oil(cheaper than tahini, provides similar flavor), and whole garlic cloves. Put that shit in a blender with olive oil and salt, adjusting consistency by adding in the water you drained from the peas. You now have cheap hummus that tastes good enough.
>>
>>7827497
Avocado, hummus, and maybe a slice of light cheese if you're so inclined.
>>
>>7827561
Don't listen to this. You need the tahini. Also lemon juice and ground cumin.

Also if you want your homemade hummus to be as creamy as store bought you gotta peel your chickpeas. It sucks, but the result is worth it.
>>
>>7827568
Ah shit, I always forget the lemon juice. If budget is that important though, a single jar of tahini for 14$ is not worth it.
>>
Here in Israel Hummus is quite popular. In Hummus restaurants it is served topped with olive oil and chickpeas/Tahini/friend mushrooms/fried cauliflower with vegetables and olives on the side.
Here a kilo of dry chickpeas is less than 3$ so doing it yourself will make it quite cheap (and more healthy).
>>
>>7827568

Agreed about the ingredients that need to be there.

But you don't need to peel the chickpeas if you have a really good blender.
>>
>>7827497
Don't buy apartheid death squad hummus, please
>>
>>7827575
My god, where the hell are you paying $14 for a jar of tahini?! If I go to the overpriced supermarket it's $6-$8, and if I go to the Middle Eastern market it's $3-$4. And that shit lasts a wile in the fridge, even if you hit it regularly.
>>
>>7827591
Lol what? Can you explain further? Is there a chickpea cartel?
>>
>>7827611
People be tryna boycott Sabra because they pro israel and donate foodstuffs to IDF
>>
>>7827497

I actually use it as a sauce for pasta salad with kalamata olives, tomato, red pepper, and red onion.
>>
Bump for more great hummus deathsquad info
>>
>>7827497

Pretzel chips are the best, but cucumbers are also good for dipping
>>
pita chips for dipping.

or make a pita sandwich with hummus spread inside the pita with some lettuce, tomato, and cucumber. perfect as is but you can add any kind of protein, I like deli sliced turkey but veggie burgers are good too.
>>
Bones of Palestinians. Any goyim bone s will work if you don't have Palestinian bones.
>>
put ur cock in the the dip and walk around dearborn
>>
>>7827497
I like it with celery
>>
>>7827568
>tfw allergic to cumin AND sesame
I've been kind of subbing with a bit of turmeric and pine nuts instead of tahini. Not sure if that's the right thing to do. Also >>7827570 is right.
>>
>>7827600
Local Harris Teeter. Can't say I've found it anywhere else, but then I haven't looked too hard. There's no Middle Eastern supermarket around here, tahini is kind of rare.
>>
Hummus is the worst thing I've ever tried in my entire life. How can people like this shit?
>>
Am I the only one who really thinks Sabra is overrated? I mean, it's better than most other grocery store brands of hummus, but it's just so boring and "off." If you don't make your own, at least find a good Arab or Israeli deli and get that shit fresh.

Anyway, hummus goes with pretty much any goddamn thing. You can even put it on sandwiches with deli meats. Works a dream. I like it with good, fresh bread.
>>
>>7830149
Tribe is best mass-produced hummus.
>>
>>7830125
>I don't understand the concept of differing tastes.
Maybe when you leave school, summerfag.
>>
>>7830909
They don't have any good spicy flavors, at least near me though
>>
>>7827497
Camel shit and Flys for an authentic middle eastern esperience.
>>
>>7830125
eventually fries and ketchup will be boring to you, kid
>>
>>7827497
I like apples with it.
>>
>>7827497
Appalled no one has mentioned carrot sticks. The sweetness compliments hummus perfectly.
>>
>>7827497
make some cheap homemade flatbread, its the best
>>
>>7827497
Man, I tried hummus two or three times last year, and I really wanted to like it but couldn't.

Is it better actually in stuff, as opposed to just as a dipping thing?
>>
>>7830123
>There's no Middle Eastern supermarket around here, tahini is kind of rare.
Don't worry, Hillary is going to fix that :^)
>>
>>7827583
We already know that Hummus is popular in Palestine, since the Arabs invented it. Fuck off kike go gas yourself.
>>
>>7831893
/pol/ please
>>
>>7827497
Absolutely pita chips, lightly flavored. The best one of the Sabra-brand hummus is the pinenuts one btw.
>>
>>7831675
yeah, great on falafels wraps or sabich
>>
>>7831893
there never was and never will be a palestine
>>
>>7831675
>Is it better actually in stuff, as opposed to just as a dipping thing?

If you have the standard millennial pallate of high sugar and high fat, you may have trouble adjusting tbqh
>>
Tomatoes, cucumbers, mix with guacamole or mashed avocado for a hummus salad dressing. I like it as a sandwich spread, too.
>>
>>7831675

I prefer it as a dip but you might like it better in a wrap or whatever. Sort of like how Belgians like mayonnaise as a dip but real people can only take it as a component in something else.
>>
>>7832960
I also like dipping fries/oven potatoes into it
>>
>>7832938
At least it's not salty as you are, Anon. I happen to like lots of things, but hummus is just not one of them.
>>
>>7827497
>Sabra
>>
>>7827600
this is so true, I found it at a little indian grocery store near me for $3.99 a jar. Supermarket charged $8.99 for the exact same brand/size.
>>
I like putting it on bread/pita pockets before adding a bunch of vegetables and nuts
>>
>>7833249
Yep, gotta shop around like hell when looking for something that's not in a run of the mill amerifat grocery cart. Prices can vary wildly depending on how much that shit moves.
>>
>>7827497
That shit is great on a turkey sandwich
>>
>>7827497
>>7827497

Repulsive. Why eat hummus when you could eat guacamole?
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.