[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are these looked down on? All this protein for 1.50 a box.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4
File: new0.jpg (480 KB, 2672x1503) Image search: [Google]
new0.jpg
480 KB, 2672x1503
Why are these looked down on? All this protein for 1.50 a box.
>>
>>7826068
Fuck ton of sodium
>>
>>7826068
It's just a bit too greasy, friend. Really uncomfortable to eat, too, can't tell what's real.
>>
>>7826068
>boneless chicken wyngz

>wyngz

They can't call their overproduced styrofoam with flavour the proper name, that's why.
>>
>>7826068
Yeah but at the cost of 1,000+ calories. You need a lot more protein per calorie. If this was a 500-600 calorie meal, that would be fantastic.
>>
>>7826081
Its under 1k
>>
>>7826084
Thumbs up, then.
>>
File: 1460100077663.png (11 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
1460100077663.png
11 KB, 420x420
>Limited Edition
>>
>>7826094
and on sale too senpai.
>>
>>7826094
>tfw all food is a limited edition because it will eventually expire
>>
>>7826103
>tfw food isn't a collector's item anymore once you take it out of the box
>>
>>7826068
(You)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQkLFcxYufc
>>
>>7826115
as someone who collects bullshit I can confirm simply breaking a factory seal on something doesn't really depreciate the value of something. as long as you are careful to handle the contents without damaging them and can repack them neatly the value stays the same.
>>
>>7826126
whos that semen demon?
>>
>>7826094
You know how many times I keep looking for the spicy friend chicken instead of the regular? I swear they pull it every couple of months.
>>
>>7826073

im not an 80 year old black woman and I can drink a glass of water
>>
>>7826079
they can't call them wings because they are mostly filler, I think there's a legal reason for the dumb spelling
>>
>>7826204
Nah. It's because they aren't wings. They could be solid chicken breast boneless wings, and they'd still have to call them something else.
>>
>>7826210
>>7826204
>>7826079
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wyngz
>>
>>7826068
Because they used to be good now when you open the fuckers up they look like a they killed a cat and deep fried it and its skin is cumming off the chicken and waffles one is good
>>
>>7826081
30g protein 120 calories $0.46 per serving
protein powder
>>
The fact that its only 1.50 should clue some part of your mind into thinking "Maybe I shouldn't eat this"
>>
>>7826127
But then it's not 'MINT' and people will want it for 50% off
>>
>>7826228
Yeah it's pretty much too good to be true. The protein quality is probably ass, too.

I want to dirty bulk so badly but it's just dumb.
>>
>>7826244
You're not supposed to sell your collection.
>>
>>7826193
>im not an 80 year old black woman and I can drink a glass of water

Like I would know that you shit whacker
>>
File: 1362334209287.jpg (58 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1362334209287.jpg
58 KB, 720x960
>400-1100 calories, usually 700 it looks like, per box depending on meal
>$2.67 at walmart
Could this be the poorfag cure to being a skeleton? I might need this.
>>
The boneless wyngz, have less then 700 cals
>>
>>7826068

>Thinking 36 g is a lot of protein.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (150 KB, 477x613) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
150 KB, 477x613
>>7826068
>All this protein for 1.50 a box.
>$1.50 a box.
Where the heck do you live where you can buy a Hungry Man Selects dinner for $1.50 ?

Those things used to be $2.47 from 2007 to 2010 and were called "Classic Fried Chicken". Than in the year 2011 they reduced the portions and taste, put them in a yellow box with the word "SELECTS" on them and raised the price to $3.18 at Walmart and $4.20 EACH at local non-Walmart supermarkets.
>Image very related.

They used to give you two full breast and a leg for $2.47.

Once they they raised the price to almost $4, made the box yellow, and slapped the word SELECTS on it instead of giving you a full breast they will cut one breast up (sometimes they even cut thighs up) into two or three little pieces, dipp them in 30 layers of breading dough to enlarge the size of it and call it a day. They even take the spine and tail bone of the chicken and bread it to make you think that you are getting an actual large piece. Sadly once you remove the GLOBS of breading dough off of it its a tail bone with a tiny bit of actual chicken meat attached to it.
>>
>>7826611
beans are cheaper
>>
>>7826814
They are regularly on sale here
>>
>>7827366

where? geography and store
>>
>>7826068

They're closer to 3 bucks, that isn't a lot of protein, and most of those meals aren't very good.

Except the chicken & waffles ones. Holy shit, the chicken & waffles ones are fucking amazing.
>>
Shit quality protein loaded with salt and fat? No thanks. I'll just eat two servings of cottage cheese with fruit
>>
>>7829326
>Shit quality protein
Huh? There'd be nothing wrong with the protein
>>
>>7829336
I think he meant something like
>Protein, but shit quality and loaded with salt and fat
>>
>>7829336
It's probably mostly soy filler, bro.
>>
>>7826068
they're not that good and have way too much salt
>>
>>7829344
It probably isn't.
>>
>>7829386
Why do you think it's any different than taco bell meat?
>>
>>7826219
>"They're not wings, they're even better"
>>
>>7826127
>tfw I can take my wyngz out of the box, handle them with care, then repack them without affecting the value

Thanks anon.
>>
>>7826219
>Wyngz is a chicken food product that is in the shape of a chicken wing or a bite-size appetizer-type product, but is not actually a chicken wing. The United States Department of Agriculture Food Safety and Inspection Service permits the use of the term "wyngz" (but no other misspellings) on food packaging under the following conditions in which the Agency considers its use fanciful and not misleading

Has America gone too far?
>>
>>7829426
There is literally nothing wrong with any of that. It's chicken in the style of wings without being from the actual wing of the animal.
>>
>>7829442
It's just a way to sell chicken nuggets to grown men without threatening their masculinity.
>>
>>7829445
okay tumblr
>>
>>7826068
because it's fucking garbage! ingredients lookin' like a fuckin' essay

Milk**, sugar, palm oil, cocoa butter, wheat flour, dried whey (from milk), cocoa mass, dried cream, dried skimmed milk, milk fat, fat-reduced cocoa, emulsifiers (E442, soya lecithin, E476), glucose-fructose syrup, wheat starch, salt, acidity regulators (E501, sodium bicarbonate), raising agent (ammonium bicarbonate), flavourings.
>>
>>7831605
Fried Chicken Patties (White Meat Chicken, Water, Bread Crumbs [Bleached White Flour, Sugar, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil with TBHQ, Salt, Yeast, Calcium Propionate], Vegetable Oil [Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil (TBHQ and Citric Acid Added to Preserve Freshness), and/or Cottonseed Oil], Enriched Flour [Wheat Flour (Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid)], Batter Mix [Enriched Wheat Flour (Enriched with Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), White Corn Flour, Whey, Modified Corn Starch, Salt, Leavening (Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Corn Starch, Monocalcium Phosphate), Wheat Gluten, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Spice, Onion Powder, Dehydrated Garlic], Soy Protein Concentrate, Isolated Oat Product, Salt, Sodium Phosphate, Monosodium Glutamate, Dextrose, Spice Extract), Ranch Seasoned Mashed Potatoes (Reconstituted Potatoes [Mono and Diglycerides, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Citric Acid], Margarine [Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil with TBHQ and Citric Acid as Preservatives, Water, Mono and Diglycerides (BHT, Citric Acid), Beta Carotene for Color (Corn Oil, Tocopherol), Vitamin A Palmitate], Ranch Seasoning [Salt, Sugar, Whey, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Autolyzed Yeast, Mustard, Modified Corn Starch, Canola Oil, Dehydrated Parsley, Safflower Oil, Lactic Acid, Spices, Natural Flavor], Dried Dairy Blend [Whey, Calcium Caseinate], Salt, Water), Smokey Chipotle Barbeque Sauce (High Fructose Corn Syrup, Tomato Puree [Water, Tomato Paste], Distilled Vinegar, Molasses, Chili Chipotle Concentrate [Red Chili Peppers, Chipotle Peppers, Salt and Flavoring(Natural Liquid Smoke Flavorings)], Modified Corn Starch, Hickory Smoke Flavor, Salt, Cellulose Gel, Cellulose Gum,
>>
>>7831612
But wait, there's more! Seriously if you eat this shit just fucking kill yourself. Potassium Chloride, Onion Powder, Spice, Garlic Powder, Xanthan and Guar Gum, Caramel Color), Corn, Apple Dessert (Water, Rehydrated Apples, Sugar, Modified Food Starch, Dehydrated Apples [Calcium Stearate], Natural and Artificial Vanilla Flavor [Water, Propylene Glycol, Ethanol, Caramel Color, Vanilla Extractives], Spice, Citric Acid, Salt, Dried Egg Yolks), Contains 2% or Less of: Sauce (Water, Sugar, Margarine [Soybean oil, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Water, Salt, Whey, Soy Lecithin, Mono and Diglycerides, Natural Flavor, Beta Carotene (Color), Vitamin A Palmitate], Salt, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil with TBHQ and Citric Acid as Preservatives), Streusel Crumble Topping (Enriched Bleached Wheat Flour [Enriched with Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid], Brown Sugar, Soybean Oil, Graham Cracker Crumbs [Graham Cracker Meal (Wheat Flour [Enriched with Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid]), High Fructose Corn Syrup, Graham Flour, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean/Or Cottonseed Oil, Sodium Bicarbonate, Salt, Honey], Whole Wheat Flour, Spice, Salt, Sugar, Yeast), Margarine (Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil with TBHQ and Citric Acid as Preservative, Water, Mono and Diglycerides [BHT, Citric Acid], Beta Carotene for Color [Corn Oil, Tocopherol], Vitamin A Palmitate).
>>
>>7826115
>tfw shit is just used food
>>
>>7829386
kill yourself
>>
>>7826068
Because >muh protein is meaningless as a corpse.
>>
>>7826068
>all this protein

HAHAHAHHAHAHA
>>
>>7829260
New Jersey southern
>>
>>7831605
if the ingredients were on a prix fixe menu they'd look fancier and be the same

and they wouldn't be forced by hand-wringing democrats to print every single sub-ingredient of every product because "corprashuns is ebildoers"
>>
>>7826068
I've seen it and its not worth shit.
gross as fuck.
>>
>>7831705

But none of that shit would ever appear on a "prix fixe" menu because no self-respecting chef would use them. Those things aren't found in real food, they're found in cheap garbage.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.