[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dumpster Diving/QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
I didn't see a diving or a QTDDTOT thread

So I'm a poorfag and when I was taking out my trash, I saw my neighbor had put an unopened package from Omaha steaks. I had seen it in the mail room for about a week and I didn't take it because I'm not a dick, but since he was throwing it out I opened it up. I trashed the ground beef because it wasn't vacuum sealed and I'm not retarded, but there were 4 NY strips. They were room temp to the touch.

Opened one up and it smells fine. I'm starving so I cooked it and it tasted fine despite being from meme steaks. Cooked it to medium well because I wanted to heat it all the way through. Am I gonna die? Here's a picture of the remaining steaks.

>inb4 classic image.jpeg
>inb4 op can't inb4
>>
Pls respond
>>
>>7825112
>steak that's been thawing in the mail room for a week

hope you got emergency room coverage in your health insurance
>>
>>7825370

Lol hes poor, he doesnt have insurance
>>
>>7825112
If it tastes fine and smells fine, then it probably is. That's how I tell whether food is safe to eat.

I do the same thing when I see good food in the trash.
>>
>>7825404
Except when there's parasites in it.
Be sure to cook it well done or you'll need the Martin Shkreli drugs senpai
>>
>>7825112

What's it like knowing that you will never amount to anything and have so little pride and dignity that you'll eat food other people have thrown away, OP?
>>
>classic image.jpg

And you didn't see a QTDDTOT because that's not a thing on /ck/.

If you have a specific question just make a thread about it; the worst it can do is bump of fast food thread off the board and provoke discussion.
>>
>>7825442
I've seen QTDDTOT threads before

>>7825436
T-thanks y-y-you too
>>
>>7825515

>I've seen QTDDTOT threads before

They're started by people not from /ck/, and only recently. The irony is that they usually begin with a more interesting question than the anons who start the same daily how to make boneless-skinless chicken breast taste good/how to make instant ramen taste good/how to feed myself for the next month on $10 type threads.
>>
>>7825539
>They're started by people not from /ck/, and only recently.

does that also explain why /pol/ appears to be boiling over? I'm reading an ice cream thread and suddenly it devolves into political stereotypes.
>>
>>7825370
They're vacuum sealed so they're sterile either way.
>>
>>7825112

you're fine... they're vacuum packed
>>
>>7825755
that's not how it works
>>
>>7825755
>raw meat is sterile
>>
OP it's alright, when they vacuum seal it, the bacteria dies from lack of atmosphere
>>
File: download.jpg (3 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
3 KB, 259x194
The world having one less stupid person is a plus anyway. Enjoy your meal, OP.

Alternatively have a desert.
>>
>>7825746
the /pol/ spillover is nowhere near as bad as it used to be, it just so happens that using cuck as an insult stuck, among other things
>>
You may or may not be fucked. Different bacteria have different oxygen requirements. Anaerobes require oxygen free environments, such as a vacuum. If the meat was contaminated prior to packaging and the left at room temp for many days that provides a perfect environment for anaerobic organisms (many of which are highly pathogenic).

You mentioned it smelled fine but bacteria responsible for spoilage are typically aerobic, meaning they require oxygen.

The nature of bacterial growth was most likely changed for the worse overall. You cooked it medium which may have helped but unless you used a thermometer to check you may get some gnarly food poisoning

Here's a nice little article

http://nchfp.uga.edu/publications/uga/vacuum_packaging.html
>>
File: 4chan peace circle of tolerance.jpg (406 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
4chan peace circle of tolerance.jpg
406 KB, 1024x683
>>7826070
Oh honey we have been her far longer than you, far longer than /pol/ and far longer than /news/.

Your naivety is cute.
>>
>>7826029
regular bacteria need oxygen but botulism doesn't.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.