[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you cook in/over a campfire?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: Campfire.jpg (199 KB, 425x282) Image search: [Google]
Campfire.jpg
199 KB, 425x282
What do you cook in/over a campfire?
>>
>>7823064
Damper
>>
Wrap some potatoes in aluminium foil with a bit of butter and a dash of salt, sit on ashes or rocks near fire, turn every so often - maybe 15-20 minutes - after about an hour it'll be glorious potato cooked by campfire
>>
>>7823064
>fire ensures that we would become the dominant species on this planet
>2.5 million years later
>"How do I cook with this?"

If they could only see us now
>>
>>7823084
English not your first language?
>>
>>7823064
go' za'
>>
>>7823094
Ironically, no, but I was cleansed of my spic tongue early in life. Regardless, that doesn't distract from the point that you can cook just about anything in a camp fire. Fuck, I'm leaving tomorrow to do the same thing.

>meat
>vegitables

It's not rocket science, you shit for brains yuppie.
>>
>>7823064

i've never been camping but in the movies i've watched they cook beans in a can. the people in the movie seem to always complain about them, htough.

never really understood why - beans are pretty good.
>>
>>7823097
This so much.
>>
I'm a geologist and lucky enough to be in the field fairly often, and I usually make things that don't require anything with temperature control or being particularly careful. I use an old beat up pan I could not give a fuck about, and my staples are:

*Oatmeal
*Hot drinks
*Pasta
*Beans, rice, and vegetables
*Bratwursts
>>
>>7823064
freshly caught fish
>>
>>7823174
I heard an anecdotes about geologists having orgies when out in the field. Is this true?
>>
>>7823122
Never? Your childhood makes me sad.
>>
>>7823362
Damn anon for some reason this makes me feel really bad for you and your childhood.
>>
This.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRgrj63VJiU
>>
File: 1439896222610.jpg (22 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
1439896222610.jpg
22 KB, 540x405
>>7823064
marshmallows
>>
>>7823097
Wood fired 'go 'za???

Has it ever been done? Pure madness.
>>
>>7823549
Poor duck why did you set it on fire?
>>
>>7823211
What kinda fish?
>>
Cast iron and aluminum foil are my camp preference. But I can cook anything from asparagus to yucca over wood. Want fresh bread or muffins? No fucking problem. Fried Chicken? I'm on it!
>>
>>7823556
Freshly caught
>>
Bring frozen cheap steaks and a grill basket

Steak cooked over an open campfire is delicious
>>
>>7823572
I like boiled carp
>>
>>7823556
trout
>>
>>7823064
Carne asada and tortillas. I just got back from camping where I did it.
>>
The hard part of campfire cooking isn't what to cook, it's managing the heat. It's much hotter than you're probably used to. Many people make the mistake of trying to cook when it's still at a full burn like OPs pic too. You gotta get it to coals, and possibly separate some from the rest of the fire.
>>
>>7823064
pork always pork
>>
>>7823064
Souls
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8hhRbd41rA

This.
>>
>>7823587
Read that as boiled crap
>>
>>7823080
a variation of this. make some cuts in the potatoes and insert some cheese, garlic and/or chilli too taste. Before wrapping them in foil and puttingin the fire.
>>
for a dessert.
Get a banana and make a slit in the skin down one side. insert some chocolate and marshmellows under the skin. Wrap the whole thing in foil and roast in the coals.
>>
File: chicken.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
chicken.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
Chicken
>>
File: Stew.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
Stew.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
Pork stew
>>
>>7824541
>puff paste
fuck, why is it so jarring every time he says it
>>
>>7823351
Like most scientists, geologists reproduce by budding.
>>
>>7823106
decadence breeds decay
>>
Back ribs are delicious over the fire
>>
>>7827078
>puff paste
I take it the video is of that Townsend guy. Take everything with a pinch of salt, he has spread false information before.
>>
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 593x805) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 593x805
Y u no hobo packet /ck/?
>>
>>7823080
Same thing with corn
>>
>>7823587
boiled carp is boiled crap. why do you hate flavor anon?
>>
>>7823587
>grill
>boiled

do people actually do this shit?
>>
>>7823064
Im curious about what you'd cook over the flames like s'mores and hot dogs what else is an easy thing to cook this way?
>>
>>7828273

Anything you'd grill: burgers, steaks, chicken (cut up, of course), vegetables (either small, or cut up large ones).
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.