[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I make my coffee not taste like shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: coffee_header.jpg (1 MB, 6001x2786) Image search: [Google]
coffee_header.jpg
1 MB, 6001x2786
How do I make my coffee not taste like shit?
>>
>>7822594
Sugar and coconut milk.
>>
>>7822594
stop shitting in it
>>
>>7822601
How about without adding anything?
>>
Make coffee with an aeropress.

Best coffee maker ever.
>>
>>7822601
>sugar

How about not being 14?
>>
Sweetened condensed milk.
>>
>>7822651
People of all ages like sugar.
>>
>>7822673
manchildren can be all ages
>>
>>7822680
Let me guess weed is for children too?
>>
>>7822594
Use better coffee beans
>>
>>7822688
and autists
>>
>>7822594
How are you making your coffee that tastes like shit?
>>
>>7822680
Are pastry chefs manchilidren? Are Swiss chocolatiers manchildren?

What is childish about sugar?
>>
>>7822735
sugar in coffee is like ketchup on a hot dog. the only reason it's there is to mask the flavor of something their undeveloped taste buds can't appreciate.
>>
>>7822763
It doesn't mask the flavour at all. It enhances it. Much like the sugar in chocolate.

In any case, how exactly are taste buds developed?
>>
>>7822763
>ketchup in a hot dog
Just eat a sausage on a plate then you fucking baby.
>>
>>7822787
unless you're using garbage beans like folgers or maxwell house the sugar and cream will mask the subtle fruitiness of the coffee.
>>
>>7822797
A sausage with sugar, for you.
>>
>>7822799
What are good beans to buy that aren't expensive?
>>
>>7822839
'go 'za beans are the best meme beans
>>
Don't pour extremely hot water on the beans. Wait for it to cool down a little after reaching a boil or you'll burn the beans.
>>
>>7822594
Go die in a fire.
>>
>>7822900
What did I do to you young man?
>>
>>7822907
You shot my dog.
>>
>>7822920
no i didnt you cuckold now tell me the secret to delicious coffee
>>
>>7822594
When I have old shit flavored coffee, I usually put in a bit of cinnamon and nutmeg before brewing to mask the horrible flavor.
>>
>>7822693
This.
Can't magically make shit beans into good coffee with brewing gadgets like >>7822639
would have you think.

Get your water right - find a local roaster who is doing good coffee, and ask what their water composition is.

Then learn how to dial in.

>>7822853
Wrong. Coffee is roasted to over 200c. Water is not going to burn your coffee. High temperature leads to faster extraction, and that's about it.

>>7822839
Try cafes until you find a coffee that blows your socks off. Buy coffee from whoever roasts for them.
>>
>>7822853
This. Also make sure you're using enough coffee and letting it brew for the right amount of time.
>>
File: french_press.jpg (27 KB, 598x598) Image search: [Google]
french_press.jpg
27 KB, 598x598
Is it even possible to make good coffee with this?
>>
good bean
good roast
good extraction
thats it
>>
>>7823304

Is it even possible to bait any harder than this?
>>
Try a lighter roast instead of cream and sugar
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.