[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Brita
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
Could you guys (and gals) help me choose a brita? I have no idea what's the difference between the different models and can't find any info on the difference either. Is the newer Elemaris model the best?
>>
>>7822007
whatever the most expensive one is is the best. that's how things work.
>>
why do you want filtered water, anon
>>
>>7822007
Just eat some charcoal, or get a life straw.
>>
>>7822016
To be healthier.

Also does anyone use one and what's it like from your personal experience.
>>
>>7823384
>>>/amazon/

there is no reason to post this here when all the information is available to you far better and more comprehensively if you simply look in the place you are supposed to look when asking these questions. it isn't hard.
>>
>>7822007
What water problem do you have?

Hardness, excess chlorine, something else?
>>
I bought a water station, whatever it's called, a couple years ago. Not so much for the reason that our water supply is drawn off of a lake that ppl run 2 stroke motors in, but .. okay, that's a big part of it, but the water is so fucking hard in my apartment that I have to use those blue toilet pucks in my toilet or I'd have to scrub once a week. Seriously hard water.
I found it cheaper to fill my water carboy at the hippie store. <$3 for 3 gallons. Tastes better than tap.
Sometimes I buy a gallon of spring water from the store. Simply because IT TASTES GOOD.
>>
Unless it's contaminated I wouldn't bother. You could probably benefit from adding alkaline to your water. If you want to actually do something healthy.
>>
>>7823398
None, I live in the UK. Just wondering if Brita makes the water better from users experience. Though my tap water does make me kinda sleepy for some reason.
>>
>>7823586
All water is contaminated due to fluoride
>>
>>7823721
>he fell for the brita meme
>>
Look at the filters they use, not the pitchers
They probably only have 2-3 different filters so it shouldn't be hard to find out which is the best of the bunch.
>>
>>7824110
Idiot.
A Summerfag and a complete and utter retard.
>>
>>7823586
Lot's of cities, especially fly overs lie about their water quality.
>>
File: 1401802757133.gif (787 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1401802757133.gif
787 KB, 400x225
>>7823721
>Tap water make me sleepy so I need a brita

I have a brita because my tap water tastes like shit and chalks my kettle up, the brita helps that's all there is to it.
>>
File: undersink-filter11.jpg (87 KB, 472x346) Image search: [Google]
undersink-filter11.jpg
87 KB, 472x346
Why buy a Brita when you can get a cartridge type filter? The cartridge filters last much longer than a brita, and the cost-per-cup-of-water is a tiny fraction of the brita.
>>
>>7823721
Is the among of chlorine in the water just a london thing? When i was there i always thought so much chlorine in tap water was just a third wolrd kinda thing.
>>
>>7824311
This mang. It'll be a pain for initial setup for sure, especially if you have to drill a hole for the dispenser part, but other than that, the kits are all preloaded with all the parts you need to get things running.

The cartridge undersink setups last longer, work better and will cost less overall than the brita pitchers.
>>
>>7824324
No america started doing this shit too.
I'll have a glass of water please, at least 4% chlorine, thanks guvmint you guys are so good to me.
>>
>>7822007

Just get a reverse osmosis setup, they are cheap now.

The alternatives are either complete crap (Brita) or fuck huge, expensive and no better than reverse osmosis (like Berkey).
>>
>>7824344
>chlorine in tap water was just a third world kinda thing
> america started doing this shit too
really makes you think
>>
>>7824311

Not all of own our own homes.

>feelsbadman.jpeg
>>
>>7824366
It's extremely noticeable and a recent change.
Water can be disinfected with far, far less bleach than they are adding, and it always has been used in minute doses. Until now. It smells like a pool.
>>
>>7823721
Also UK. Had trouble with chlorine as I used to live very close to the water treatment plant. Brita works, but so does just leaving the water jug to stand for 30 minutes. Hardness reduction for kettle protection is useful though.
>>
>>7824389
The MCL for chlorine, either as free chlorine or chloramines, is 4 mg/L, that's 0.004% concentration. Most systems run around 1.5 mg/L. If the system is large and only has one source and injection point, they may run higher, but usually no more than 3 mg/L. The goal is to have a residual of at least 0.5 mg/L at the farthest tap from the injection point. Only the smallest systems (churches with wells and similar) use bleach. Some systems use MIOX which is basically half strength bleach produced on site, but most systems use gaseous chlorine for free chlorine and will inject liquid ammonium sulfate downstream of the chlorine to produce chloramines. I suggest asking for your local water supply's Consumer Confidence Report that will tell you their average chlorine residual. Chlorine in the water is a good thing. If it is recent that you can smell or taste it they may be doing a "burnout" to kill off any accumulated biofilm in pipes.
>>
File: DSC_0084.jpg (1 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0084.jpg
1 MB, 3840x2160
>>7822007
My kettle stay clean since I use a brita jug.

We have shit water here, I used my kettle for one week and look at the deposit.
>>
>>7824358
This is the correct choice.
>>
>>7822007
Water is excellent where I live, comes from a nearby mountain, not too much chlorine etc., but it's very hard. I have to clean my kettle every 2-3 days. Do Britain filters help with this? Don't wanna get kidney stones.
>>
>>7824745
Brita* lmao
>>
>>7824745
See my post, I use a brita and I don't have to clean my kettle anymore.
I had to clean it as often as you to keep it clean.
>>
>>7823384
My sister has a Brita pitcher; it has a carbon filter, which by definition will remove the chlorine/chloramines/ammonia
so if it sits in the fridge for too long it'll grow mold
not exactly sure what you think will be different
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.