[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Consider making a simple tuna salad with fresh tuna instead of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 301x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 301x168
Consider making a simple tuna salad with fresh tuna instead of canned

would the end result be a delicious tuna salad the canned variety could never compete with

or would it be exactly the same and I have just squandered an expensive ingredient when a cheap one would be sufficient?
>>
Mistake

The only salad that should be made with fresh tuna is poke
>>
Fuck that, if you're going to shill out for good tuna savor it. Do not dilute the experience with a bunch of bullshit. Learn how to cook well or how make sushi if you want to appreciate good tuna.
>>
>>7821507
but there isn't much better than a nice tuna salad sandwich on toasted white bread with a glass of milk
>>
>>7821291
Save the fresh tuna for ceviche. If it's just something you're going to put on sandwiches then just use the canned stuff.
>>
>>7821291
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7yAZ9P0kdI

Chef John has your back senpai.
>>
>>7821291
not if you over cook it.
>>
when i cooked for a living we would get in nice chunks of very fresh tuna which would be used primarily for dinner and appetizers. We would trim and clean the steaks and that "scrap" would be used for tuna salad. Pop it in the steamer for a few minutes...onion celery mayo salt pepper thyme... tuna salad.
>>
File: Sashimi-Tuna.jpg (37 KB, 636x392) Image search: [Google]
Sashimi-Tuna.jpg
37 KB, 636x392
>live by the sea
>dad buys live tuna from local fisherman
>kill it and slice that shit up
>tuna sashimi for breakfast, lunch and dinner
>best food experience of my life

Don't waste good tuna on shit like salad. Just eat it in sushi. Or sear it. Anything else is unacceptable.
>>
>>7822117
This. I tried it once and it was glorious.
>>
No fresh tuna is great in a salad but not as Tuna salad. Sear it coated in seseame seeds and put over mixed green with gold Yukons, green beans, onions, olives, tomatoes, maybe a hard boiled egg
>>
Got to agree with everyone else. Good tuna should be eaten without all the other crap.

I cook it like a blue steak. High as fuck heat but really quickly.

Or if it's fresh enough, chow that shit raw. Pengalengadingdong desu senpai
>>
>>7821291
>implying tuna salad is for anything BUT ditching sub-par tuna
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.