[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just tried the japanese ice coffee method. I thought it would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: Japanese+Iced+Coffee[1].jpg (272 KB, 591x803) Image search: [Google]
Japanese+Iced+Coffee[1].jpg
272 KB, 591x803
I just tried the japanese ice coffee method.

I thought it would just be meme food, but this is a great cup of coffee. Doesn't taste at all like if you just let coffee cool down, or threw ice in it. Anyone know why this works, but chilling the coffee after brewing tastes like shit?
>>
>"""""""""japanese""""""""" iced coffee method
lol
we've been doing that in italy since the early 20th century. what makes it suddenly japanese?
>>
>>7821048

I don't fucking know. You think I came up with the term? That's why I thought it was meme food.
>>
>>7821040
Couls you hook me up with the recipe you followed?
>>
>>7821100

Sub half your water for ice in the cup/pitcher then use any drip method directly over the ice.

That's it. Apparently the coffee cooling immediately after extraction makes some difference.
>>
>>7821048
>>7821093
Looking it up, according to Spanish accounts of their rule of southern Italy, coffee brewed over ice has been done since the 17th century, actually.
Where the fuck these people got ice regularly enough to make iced coffee in the 1600s, I'll never know.
>>
>>7821141
they practiced alchemy in the 1600s friend.
>>
>>7821122
Cheers mate
>>
>>7821141
There's some perfectly good mountains to fetch. ice from in Italy.
>>
>>7821169
But Southern Italy? Where the Spanish Crown was?
>>
>>7821141
Europeans regularly claim that the Mayans inventing zero doesn't count because nobody knew about it until it was invented in Europe. Who cares if Italians made it first if nobody knew about it until the method was spread by the Japanese
>>
>>7821040
what's the method?
>>
>>7821176
Stuff it in cars full of sawdust. I'm not sure when they stared doing that. But I have ancestors that got rich off of doing that over here in New England.
>>
>>7821184
>written accounts and popularity of iced coffee throughout europe predates european/japanese contact by literal centuries
>DOESN'T COUNT BECAUSE REASONS!!!
Okay then.

And the concept of zero is a Mohammedan construct, not European.
>>
>>7821189
not op, i drink it every day in summer:
> double amount of coffee/half amount of what you usually do
>fill your pot with ice
>normal pourover
there should still be some ice left in the end, otherwise your coffee will start turning warm and it will taste unpleasant
>>
>>7821205
>Mohammedan

Are you a time traveler from 1915?
>>
>>7821258
Time traveler? Me? :: scoff :: Is this an example of that famous 21st century humor I've heard so much about? Cuz to be honest, I just don't get it. Aziz Ansari is not funny. At all.
>>
>>7821040
>Anyone know why this works, but chilling the coffee after brewing tastes like shit?
Something to do with chemicals, man...
I read that if you chill it very quickly right after brewing it also tastes good tho, for a while I drank my moka pot from a cup with 2 ice cubes.
>>
>>7823667
nvm that's actually what this thread is about I see.
>>
>>7821278
>:: scoff ::
R*ddit
>>
>>7821205
It's actually a Hindu concept. Introduced to Europe via the Arabs who had their own number system sans zero.
>>
>>7823685
It's actually neither Muzzie nor Poo-in-loo. As it turns out, ancient Egyptians used the concept of zero in accounting. I don't know what they were accounting for exactly, but who am I to question Wikipedia's wisdom? When has Wikipedia ever been wrong about anything?

>>7821258
There's a Chinese restaurant in a predominantly Muzzie area of town which has whole roast pork, often with its head still attached, prominently displayed in the window.
I asked the owner about it once and he said "it keeps out the Mohammedans."
I thought it was funny. Been using the term ever since.
>>
File: 1464154471001.jpg (68 KB, 459x534) Image search: [Google]
1464154471001.jpg
68 KB, 459x534
It's cawfee, I don't need to explain shit.
>>
File: 1458967448671.png (119 KB, 552x423) Image search: [Google]
1458967448671.png
119 KB, 552x423
>>7821278
*posts picture of a man touching his silly hat*

*downvotes ur post*
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.