[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
pulling that chicken
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: pulledchxblurrry.jpg (12 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
pulledchxblurrry.jpg
12 KB, 275x183
Picked up around 10 lbs of boneless skinless chicken thighs on sale. Going to make 3 batches of pulled chicken but I am at a loss for cool seasoning/saucing ideas.

I've made buffalo, bbq, teriyaki, siracha brown sugar, updog, and just fuck-me-up spicy before.

What are some new ideas to keep it fresh?
>>
What is pulled chicken?
>>
>>7820384
NM U?
>>
salsa chicken

harissa chicken

curry chicken

chicken meatballs

chicken burgers

that's. ..that's about it
>>
Bulgogi
Hungarian style with paprika and garlic
>>
>>7820321
what's updog?
>>
File: Screenshot_20160622-183719.png (385 KB, 2560x1800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160622-183719.png
385 KB, 2560x1800
>>7820321
>>
Alfredo, marinara, or Béchamel
South Carolina style mustard bbq sauce. Pesto. On a salad with sautéed pears with honey & balsamic reduction (on the pears) with vinagrette. Dill cream sauce. Chicken salad sandwiches with apples, grapes, & walnuts. Drunken, with a red wine reduction... or a brandy cream sauce...bake into chicken pot pies...chicken soup... tacos...
>>
>>7820428
Nothing much what up with you homie
>>
I like throwing shredded chicken in a pan with some salsa and cook it for a little bit, shit's bomb.
>>
>>7821851
I might actually try this, any advice or is it as straightforward as

>throwing shredded chicken in a pan with some salsa and cook it for a little bit

?
>>
>>7821859
Literally just that. cook the salsa into the chicken.
I make a sandwhich out of it, feel free to use whatever cheese/condiments you like.
It's really fast and easy.
>>
>>7821884
sidenote: Using salsa is awesome because you have control over the flavor and how spicy it is by using different salsas.
>>
>>7820321
I'd make 3 varieties to serve over rice.
1) Mexican
>paprika, chili powder, cumin, black pepper, orego, onion powder, garlic powder, tomatoes w/ green chili's, and one can of low sodium chicken stock to reduce down.

2) Lemon herb
>It's pretty explanatory. Herbs of your choice, onion, garlic, and lemon zest, along with a can of chicken stock to reduce. (You can throw in some spinach when reheating this.)

3. Asian twist
>Low sodium soy sauce, hoisin, chili paste, ginger, garlic, and the obligatory can of low sodium chicken stock to reduce while it stews.

Of course you can throw in veggies while reheating from spinach, peppers, tomatoes, etc... to get all your food groups represented.
>>
>>7820321

This sauce is used in the southeast with pork, but goes equally well with chicken.

1 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1tbs salt
1tbs black pepper
1tbs red pepper flake (or to taste if you don't like the heat, or need more)
1/2 tsp cayenne

Heat the vinegar over the stove, mix in the sugar, add the rest and mix thoroughly.

Serve hot or cold.

Can be used immediately, but it's better if it has at least a day to blend.
>>
cassoulet
>>
>olive oil
>fresh sweet and spicy paprika, tomatoes, onion, thyme, fenugreek, reduce with a touch of pomegranate essence
>serve with fresh flatbread and a spoon of yoghurt
>>
File: Jamie_Oliver_(cropped).jpg (2 MB, 2558x2807) Image search: [Google]
Jamie_Oliver_(cropped).jpg
2 MB, 2558x2807
>>7822316
>olive oil!

also it's spelled "yogurt" this isn't the middle ages.
>>
>>7822326
olive oil is an absolute must with sweet paprika doe
>>
>>7822316
This is a joke right
>>
Chicken salad for sandwiches
>>
>>7822326
>>>/b/
>>
>>7820321
My fave is a riff on Mojo Criolle.

Put a layer of olive oil in the slow cooker.
Add the chicken.
Juice an orange and a lemon. Pour in. Repeat until chicken is 3/4 covered.
Add a handful of whole peeled garlic cloves.
Add a few teaspoons of oregano.
Set on low for 6-8 hours.
Pull chicken.

Freakin great. The citrus acid does something very interesting. And, it's not overpowering flavor-wise, so you can use it in lots of other things (enchiladas, hash n rice, etc.)
>>
>>7822526
Shit. Replace "lemon" with "lime"
>>
>>7820321
I prefer to choke the chicken before saucing it but that is just me.
>>
>>7820321
You could try a mole sauce.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/chicken-mole-recipe.html
>>
>>7822551
yo dude sick boner joke
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.