[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Canada
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (124 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124 KB, 2048x1536
In Toronto for the weekend, any good places to eat at if I want food I can't get outside Canada?
>>
>>7819831
Had that this morning senpai
>>
Smokes for poutine. It's not the best you can have, but it will do.
>>
Toronto is more of a place to get ethnic foods. Lots of good Vietnamese, Jamaican, Korean, Sri Lankan, Hakka, etc. restaurants depending on what you are interested in.
>>
You could go to parts and labour. Chef Matty Matheson may even squeeze a fart onto your burger if you ask nice.
>>
>>7819845
Don't do this

>>7819853
This man is correct

Also, like 50% of Canada' top restaurants are in Toronto if you're looking for something high end.

http://canadas100best.com/canadas-100-best-restaurants-2016/
>>
>>7819823

If you want a good meal theres a few good places. Bar isabel, its overrated but sometimes they do good food. Barbariens and jacobs and co are great steak houses, top notch food/wine/service. Lee is still a pretty good restaurant, you might even see that fag suser lee swinging his hair around wildly at the pass. Best seafood in the city is probably hopgoods foodliner, although zee grill and the chase fish and oyster are probably better, with rodneys, starfish and oysterboy coming up in 3rd place. There is unfortunately no good place to go for food really late at night but there are a bunch of hipstery bars that serve snacks. Cava is a great spanish restaurant, Grano is a great italian restaurant(as well as Mistura), and if your right down town you can always get a good steak frites at biffs bistro.

Theres a lot of good places in the city just look up open table top 100. Nothing will blow your fucking socks off, but theres some definate good eats.

Bonus round, scaramoush has been the highest rated restaurant in the city for some time.
>>
>>7820024
Late night Fran's is awesome. Diner with booze, and pretty decent food.
>>
>>7819823
Boston Pizza
White Spot
But most of all
Swiss Chalet
>>
File: Pickle-Corn-Dog.jpg (38 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
Pickle-Corn-Dog.jpg
38 KB, 900x600
the best pickle corn dogs are in toronto
>>
File: vomit26.gif (1 MB, 326x246) Image search: [Google]
vomit26.gif
1 MB, 326x246
>>7820154
this is an abomination

Hot dogs = bad
Pickles = bad
Hot dog inside a pickle =
>>
>>7819823

Antler, Boralia
>>
Canadian A&W
>>
>>7819845

yeah... I've been told to stay away from Smokes. If you've actually been though and say that it's not bad, then why not? When I've been to Toronto, I normally just walk around and go wherever is interesting. I remember ducking into a crepe shop once when I was like twelve with my family, and then being downtown in Toronto again just last summer for a couple of days to myself, and I was walking around and ended up ducking into a crepe shop that looked nice... and turned out to be the same crepe shop. Owned by a French woman, with the help of some, I assume, family, I ended up being served by some total QT's. If I recall, google has pointed me to crepes a gogo, but it seems to have been bought up by somebody, so it could be different now.
>>
>>7819845
There's a poutineville in Toronto near Spadina station it's better than smokes.
>>
>>7820140
Fran's was better when it was Lindy's (Home of the $2 steak).
>>
>>7820783

make sure you do this
>>
>canada
>good food

pick one
>>
File: 1458518235971.gif (4 MB, 280x254) Image search: [Google]
1458518235971.gif
4 MB, 280x254
>>7820140
fran's is awesome, love the breakfast food there

>>7820783
this, seriously. It got crazy good the past few years. If you're gonna get fast food at all during your trip get a burger and onion rings.
>>
>>7819823
Not really, desu. Toronto is either A. Asian food, B. Overpriced hipster places for "foodies", or C. Anywhere else, which will have a kitchen full of apathetic Sri Lankans who can't cook and will sell you toasted hot dog buns with store bought garlic butter as garlic bread.
>>
Go to KFC. Get yourself some buttery bread.
>>
>>7821677

pretty uninformed post m8. There are a ton of shitty corps and pubs full of sri lankans, but no real kitchen hires them outside of dishwashing since most of them just blast out food and never taste anything.
>>
>>7821714
Just my experience, bro. Lived in this city for 33 years, and I see that shit way too often. On the surface, Toronto LOOKS like a gourmet paradise, in reality, I've found most of the food here to be very mediocre.

I do travel a ton, though, so maybe I'm weighing it against other places a little harshly. I do generally hate this city, so I may be biased.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.