[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I've got a serious question...who invented the hipster
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: coke.jpg (6 KB, 207x244) Image search: [Google]
coke.jpg
6 KB, 207x244
So, I've got a serious question...who invented the hipster meme of using mason jars as a drinking glass?

Pic not related, it is a drinking glass.
>>
I like to put sugar in my coke like Pico.
>>
>>7819807
Hipsters are just taking everything that poor people have done since forever and making it "cool", since that $100k women's studies degree didn't work out. We used to reuse pickle jars and jam jars all the time.
>>
>>7819807

Yeah, it's annoying. If you have a $20 fucking artisanal hamburger on your menu, serving drinks in a mason jar does not make you SOOORUSTICLOL.
>>
>>7819825
It reminds me of when I was in jail and used a cleaned out peanut butter jar as a glass to hold more red drink

Maybe I should start this trend and drink out of peanut butter jars
>>
>>7819807
Southern people have been using them to drink from for at least a century. I remember drinking from them 20 years ago as a toddler at my grandparents house.
>>
>>7819807
hipster alerts
>siracha wings
>adult mac and cheese
>sliders
>only locally brewed hoppy beers
>mason jar drinks
>poutine outside of canada
>lobster [insert other food here]
>organic [any food (shouldn't have to be specified if its organic)]
>gluten free
>>
>>7819855
what you should be doing is making peanut butter flavored milk by using as much peanut butter out of a container as possible and instead of washing it out, put milk in there and shake it up until the peanut butter has dissolved
>>
>>7819807
I was re-using prego bottles forever and now those shitty hipsters might fuck up bottle prices
>>
>>7819807
maybe someone poor trying to measure how much alcohol they put in their drink?
>>
>>7819825
>Hipsters are just taking everything that poor people have done since forever and making it "cool"
This sums up most everything, yeah.
>>
File: wcallday.jpg (60 KB, 640x434) Image search: [Google]
wcallday.jpg
60 KB, 640x434
>>7819864
>>sliders

This doesn't count if its White Castle

>>adult mac and cheese

This doesn't work if it's just traditional home made mac n cheese, but not some gimmick shit
>>
>>7819855
That sounds pretty real. What were you in for, anon, if you don't mind me asking?

>inb4 Chili Patrol discovered my hidden bean stash
>>
>>7820255
Domestic violence. I got drunk, had a mental breakdown, which led to a rather nasty episode in which my step dad was an unfortunate victim
>>
when I was a id, jelly came in reusable jars to be used as drinking glasses

regarding your question, OP, Hank Williams sings about it:

Jambalaya and a crawfish pie and fillet gumbo
'Cause tonight I'm gonna see my ma cher amio
Pick guitar, fill fruit jar and be gay-o
Son of a gun we'll have big fun on the bayou
>>
When I make a shake or juice I drink it straight out of the jar, pouring the stuff in a glass would be retarded.
>>
Am I hip enough yet?
>>
>>7820329
what's with the twine?
>>
>>7820345
gives it that rustic look
>>
>>7820345
It's supposed to make it southern hipster.
>>
>>7820345
I hate it when people do shit like that. What if I want to sip my milkshake?
>>
>>7820352

Now that you mention it, the twine strung around the spoon's neck does remind me of a great southern tradition.
>>
>>7819864
lobster bisque is fucking amazing faggot
>>
>>7819807
my father has been drinking beer out of a jar for at least 20 years now.
>>
>>7819864
sriracha on wings is awesome, how can you not like that? the idea is literally printed on the bottle (rooster sauce)

does chili mac count as "adult mac and cheese"? Also, what's not to love about adding more flavors and textures to traditional cheesey mac?

White Castle and Krystal have built empires on sliders. Your autism is starting to show.

What's wrong with hoppy beer? The most popular macro brews use the amount of hops in their pisswater as a selling point. If you don't like hops, order a different beer, desu.

There is nothing necessarily wrong with using a mason jar to serve a drink. It's just a fucking vessel, get over it, faggot.

Poutine can be made and served anywhere. Your criticism is literally just autism.

Lobster is delicious and most foods made from lobster are delicious. Are you allergic or something? You sure do seem to be projecting a lot here.

I actually agree that needlessly specifying "organic" is obnoxious, but I recognize that it's just a marketing term that can help a business sell more food. I respect the capitalism behind the use of the term, and that makes it less annoying.

Some people have celiac disease. If they eat gluten, it can lead to explosive diarrhea. You don't want that happening at a restaurant, trust me.
>>
>>7820286
Fuck Yeah! we had a bunch of those welch's jars in my house, too. Growing up poor sucked, but those jars distracted us from it.
>>
>>7820355
>what if I want to sip my milkshake?

well, firstable, that's not a milkshake senpai

2, just take a sip. there's plenty of room above the twine for your crust lips to kiss the glass

3, if it really annoys you that much, just take the fucking twine off. it's just a piece of string, it's not like it's welded into place, 'Spergy.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.