[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it always chocolate and vanilla? Where's the other
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9
Why is it always chocolate and vanilla?
Where's the other soft serve flavors?
>>
File: 1444337753449s.jpg (8 KB, 250x236) Image search: [Google]
1444337753449s.jpg
8 KB, 250x236
>>7819705
>>
>>7819705
This, jews force me to think about big black muscular dicks thrusting in and out of the tight vagina of a beautiful white woman while the little white cone(cuckold) supports the both of them
>>
>>7819702
>why is it always to two most consumed flavors
>why isn't it some niche flavor I like
gosh idk anon.
>>
File: twist_soft_serve.jpg (172 KB, 402x600) Image search: [Google]
twist_soft_serve.jpg
172 KB, 402x600
>>7819702

The chocolate is always the worst fucking flavor too. I don't hate chocolate, I love chocolate, and that's why I hate chocolate soft serve. It doesn't fucking taste like chocolate.

I'd rather have just vanilla or vanilla and strawberry. Strawberry soft serve is god tier.
>>
File: orangetwist.jpg (13 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
orangetwist.jpg
13 KB, 250x250
vanilla-orange twist is available

ask your Mom to look for a place to get you some, OP
>>
>>7820362
>what is strawberry
Places will have eight flavors of shake and only two soft serve.
>>
I've had green tea soft serve. It's exactly what it sounds like. It was weird
>>
>>7820367
I like to feed my dog my leftovers so she makes me fresh chocolate soft serve.

someone had to say it.
>>
>>7819702
It is because of the design of the ice cream machine. You can only fit two flavors at a time, and like magic the two most popular flavors are there.

The machine design is so common and cheap that to try to improve upon it with more flavors (and more upkeep with both supplies and cleaning) is just uneconomical.

Many people are OK with strawberry syrup being added to vanilla if they want "strawberry" so it is further reason to not invest.

That's just how it shakes up.
>>
>>7819702
>>7822391
why isnt there an asparagus flavored ice cream? it seems like it would work.
>>
>>7822391
So it's the machine driving it not the other way around?
Do people make 3+ flavor machines?
>>
>>7822406
They do I am sure, but they are more expensive to buy and maintain because they are not nearly as common. There are 10's of not 100's of thousands of those dual machines floating around so they are easy to fix. It's a solid design that is hard to fuck with, which is important since you have bottom of the barrel labor using it.
Two is just the magic number. It is why most of the largest chains do two. Adding 50% more shit to deal with for 15% increase in sales just doesn't work.

If a company offers more odds are they just add toppings after they disperse the soft serve. That's how you can make "strawberry" or "cookies and cream" shakes but no sundaes, because they need to mix up the ingredients to make it seem like it is a true flavor.
>>
honestly the only soft serve I like is vanilla

chocolate kinda tastes like nothing
>>
>>7822455
>chocolate soft serve tastes like nothing
nah dude. the brits wouldnt eat it so much if it wasn't at least somewhat good, right?

ok maybe.
>>
>>7822427
Why is there no plain ice cream?
>>
>>7822460
Too bland.

You have people in this thread who think chocolate is boring. Imagine how plain would go over.

I'm sure it would be a frosty reception.
>>
>>7822460
plain ice cream is just vanilla
they add vanilla to basically every flavor of soft serve anyway, so if you take away all the extra flavors you are left with vanilla
>>
>>7822468
I like to feed my dog asparagus so the soft serve chocolate she makes isn't so bland.

salt also helps.
>>
>>7822477
But it's not just vanilla. If I make ice cream at home I don't have to add vanilla flavoring.
Why did vanilla become the stand-in for true plain? They still seem to have it in frozen yogurt shops but not ice cream.
>>
>>7822484
>Why did vanilla become the stand-in for true plain
Because they add vanilla to everything
>>
I had rose flavored soft-serve when my family visited St. Regis in New York, NY when I was a kid.

I remember it being ultra light, creamy, pink, mild, and generally incredible.
>>
>>7822503
*inedible.
>>
>>7822496
But why did they start doing that? Did big vanilla lobby them?
I believe ColdStone still has plain as a flavor and use it as a base. But it's not available in grocery stores.
>>
I wish they had banana. they never have banana flavored ice cream or milkshakes anywhere. banana is the best
>>
>>7822396
>>7822536
Get an ice-cream maker and make your own. And as far as savory ice-creams go (like asparagus), basically any cream-based sauce could become ice cream.

And why don't places just have one chocolate/ice cream machine and one strawberry/other flavor machine?
>>
>>7822536
There's one company that makes a banana flavored ice ream with fudge chunks and swirls.
>>
>>7822564
>asparagus ice cream

Literally kill yourself right now
>>
>>7822564
a restaurant near my parents in albany made corn ice cream once, it was fucking incredible. way better than my local brand "ben and jerrys" (not sure if you've heard of them, i know vermont things are pretty popular these days.)
>>
>>7822597
dude asparagus ice cream sounds so fucking good and nobody has made it yet.
>>
>>7822605
>way better than my local brand "ben and jerrys" (not sure if you've heard of them, i know vermont things are pretty popular these days.)
Is this a /ck/ meme?
>>
>>7819702
Japan.

They have tons of soft serve flavors there. The "default" flavors there are vanilla and green tea, rather than chocolate. Last time I was there, I had taro flavor and my ex had ramune.
>>
>>7822460
There is. It's called sweet cream. You can get it at a bunch of places. It's literally just a simple base with no flavoring added.
>>
>>7822723
Any brands sell it in stores or do you have go get a cone?
>>7822718
I'd kill for some taro soft serve.
>>
>>7822732
I don't think they sell it in stores, but it's ridiculously simple to make.

You literally just need eggs, sugar, cream, and milk. Maybe a little salt. You don't even really need to cook it.
>>
>>7819702
Just had a homemade green tea and chocolate popsicle. It's proably the GOATest flavor combination I've ever had. MAde with coconut milk and sweetened with honey.
>>
>>7819702
I am physically unable to eat any ice cream that isn't pink. Everything else makes me gag

sometimes I wish they'd make other flavors and just dye it pink so I could eat it
>>
>>7822745
Ice cream has eggs?
>>
>>7822786
Usually just yolks, but you can really just use whole eggs without much difference, in my experience.
>>
>>7822791
The ones in my freezer don't and most recipes I'm finding don't either. I think with eggs makes it custard.
>>
>>7822768
You're a liar

>>7819702
This place near me also has orange. It sucks
>>
>>7822808
Every single ice cream recipe I've ever seen uses eggs in some capacity. Ben and Jerry's does for sure. I use their recipe for my base when I make ice cream, typically.
>>
>>7822817
>ice cream contains less than 1.4 percent egg yolk solids by weight of the food, exclusive of the weight of any bulky flavoring ingredients used.
>>
>>7822832
Well, I dunno what to tell you, man. Google some ice cream recipes. See what they say.
>>
>>7822836
you should try this cray 'go 'za icecream reciepe I found. it's bery gud desu
>>
>>7822836
You're just shill for big custard.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
>>7822846
From Ben and Jerry's book, my nigga. Right from the horse's mouth.
>>
>>7822862
I can't believe you went through all the effort to photoshop that lame fake when you could have been making 'go 'za. for shame.
>>
>>7822862
Ben & Jerry are hacks who can't even make a good ice cream and use filling ingredients as a crutch.
>>
>>7822862
>Ben and Jerry's
>trusting the biased liberal ice cream media
>>
My high school had a soft serve machine that had chocolate chip cookie dough, mint chocolate chip and a bunch of rotating flavors.
>>
>>7823006
'go 'zo was my favorite flavourings
>>
>>7822391
I work with that machine. This guy gets it.
>>
File: 1436019842491.gif (1 MB, 704x396) Image search: [Google]
1436019842491.gif
1 MB, 704x396
>>7822536
>tfw neapolitan but with banana, grape and bubblegum
>>
>>7823006
Did they have chunky filling or just smooth?
>>
Local place had a doctor pepper German chocolate cake flavor

Didn't last long cuz the owner was dealing coke out of the office
>>
>>7822391
They should buy two then and do four flavors.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.