[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nachos thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (350 KB, 580x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
350 KB, 580x400
Quick opinion test /ck/:

You're going to make some nachos for you and a friend.
Do you:

>melt shredded cheese
>make a cheese sauce (bechemel) and drizzle it on top.

How you like your nachos senpai?
>>
Make a cheese sauce and ask them if they'd prefer it as dip or spread over the nachos. It takes like 10 minutes, it's not a biggie.
>>
>>7818315
I dont consider nachos a real meal and only make them when im being really lazy and slobbish.

>put tortilla chips on a plate
>throw shredded cheese on it
>microwave it

White trash as fuck, but it tastes alright and it only takes 30 seconds to make.
>>
>>7818327

Meh, I wasn't talking about a meal, just like something to eat while watching tv or hanging out.
>>
>>7818363
Making your own cheese sauce is easy, but I can never seem to make one thats better than cheap concession nachos.

I have bought Ricos branded cheese sauce in a can, and its the same stuff most concession stands use. Stuff is pretty good for nachos too. Sometimes do that when I have leftover taco meat or something.

Does anyone have a really good cheese sauce recipe?
>>
File: tostitos-dip-salsa-con-queso.png (209 KB, 334x483) Image search: [Google]
tostitos-dip-salsa-con-queso.png
209 KB, 334x483
Grab a jar of this stuff and just dice up the other toppings at home. Put it and a can of chili in one of those three-department crockpots if it's for a party.
>>
cookies sheet the size of the oven everlast sort fo thing, big bag of tortilla chips, a lbs of ground beef, a jar of salsa and a lbs of grated cheese, and broil it until cheese is NOICE and melted.

(cook the meat first and drain the grease)

top with whipped cream or sour cream to preference. or greek yogurt even but less of that.

I am lactose intolerant, but that shits good.
>>
>>7818315
I cut mini corn tortillas into eighths and fry them in veg oil, add salt and pepper.
It's a fun drunk activity like frying eggs.
Do not use flour tortillas unless you have to.
>>
File: chos.jpg (157 KB, 768x507) Image search: [Google]
chos.jpg
157 KB, 768x507
Cheese sauce is infinitely better than melted shredded cheese for nachos. I don't know why hipsters have such a problem with """"processed"""" cheese in sauce form.

>>7818380
This. I've tried a lot of recipes and experimented but they're never what I'm really looking for.

Ricos is the best stuff you can buy from a grocery store though. Fuck anything in a jar.

Make sure you add plenty of 'peƱos.
>>
>>7818460
Rotel is decent in Rico's, but add the rotel juice.
I wouldn't bitch about a pound of seasoned burger in it either.
>>
>>7818460
fried cheese is fucking good by itself, cheese sauce isn't.
>>
>>7818474
Who on earth would eat cheese sauce by itself? The point of it is that it stays melty for eating nachos one chip at a time.

Melted shredded cheese over a pile of chips will be greasy and solidify and make eating them a hassle.

Fried cheese is irrelevant here, we're talking about nachos.
>>
'chos before bros.
>>
File: shrimpnachos.jpg (778 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
shrimpnachos.jpg
778 KB, 1632x1224
Love me some shrimp nachos senpai
>>
>>7818826
>senpai
faggot
>>
>>7818826
Those 'chos look pretty damn nice.
>>
>>7820372
Spotted the ultra newfag
>>
>>7818315
>option 3: buy a tin of nacho cheese, heat it up and pour.
>>
>>7820519
I always thought people were being overly sensitive because "ohh no, it's fake" and america hate and all, but I really did feel like puking when I tried this shit recently.
>>
hey does someone has a recipe for homemade nacho tortillas?
>>
>>7820601
You mean, you realized you were overly sensitive too?
>>
>>7820623
Maybe. I have encountered very few things I really can't stomach, but this really just didn't taste like food, my taste buds were telling me "woah, shit, that is poison, spit it out". And when I ate it anyway because hungry I felt sorta sick. kinda disappointing, I always thought it looked tasty, and melted cheese is usually top tier.
>>
Nachos are for gays do NOT argue with me on this
>>
>>7820661
Can I suck your cock? maybe just give it a kiss?
>>
File: 1411179524838.png (247 KB, 561x501) Image search: [Google]
1411179524838.png
247 KB, 561x501
>>7820618
you can just make a normal tortialla and bake it/fry it. Thats what most restaurants do friend.
>>
>yanks making nachos that's just plastic cheese on plain corn chips
>>
>>7820643
That happened to me when i tried my first lemon bar. I am by no means a picky eater and like lemons, but when i tried that shit i gagged and had to spit it out
>>
>>7818315
Put chilli on them

Never made a cheese sauce for nachos actually
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.