[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wendy's has changed the American dining scene
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 1280x720
When you get right down to it, no restaurant has changed the landscape of America like Wendy's. They keep re-inventing themselves so much!

>First to offer fish, chicken and beef
>water is now and will always be available
>they used to have the Superbar but now it's gone
>free mayo
>their French fries are simple and salty
>napkins on hand

My friends, I tell you. The prices are incredible and the flavor has changed America.

Head on down to Wendy's today! They have the meats!
>>
>They have the meats!

Ok, that part actually got me.
>>
the fact that McD's is going to not use frozen patties is reason alone. had wendy's today, and i forgot how fucking based their shit is. a triple decker burger is so fucking good.

it's not the soy patties like mcds either.
>>
>>7818102
>soy patties like mcds

please refrain from talking about things you know nothing about

anyways wendys chili is fucking great
>>
mr shill you've been at this for months can you break character for just one post and tell us what drives you to keep doing this
>>
>>7817769
chili from a fast food place. fuck yea. (not really)

I agree with you though. wendys is the best of the big three.
>>
>>7818111
mcd uses soy filler in their all beef patties.
>>
>>7818111

Having worked at a Wendy's, I actually thought their chili was pretty genius from a business perspective.

All the old meat that they would have had to chuck because it sat too long gets saved and made into chili for the next day.

The amount of money that they not only save, but turn around and make a profit is probably retarded. To say nothing of the fact that it means you end up getting fresher burgers, because the manager isn't breathing down your neck to unload those old shitty ones leftover from the lunch rush.
>>
>>7817776
That's Arby's slogan btw
>>
>>7818171
that right there is a bigger point then you realize.

less waste, and man... is that chilli fucking gooooood
>>
>>7818171
>>7818234
Last time I got it, the chili was watery. Is that normal?
>>
>>7818259

If you got one that was fresh off the stove, or the very dregs of a batch, yes.

It tends to have a lot of water at the beginning because it sits in a warming pan most of the day and the water evaporates off.

The last bits tend to be super watery too because employees generally tend to overload with stuff (better to give it out and have happy customers than to have any leftover when it has to be chucked).
>>
Baconator was good but not as good as the double-meat mushroom melt

I like the redhead girl on TV

Wendy's needs to step it up
>>
>>7818115

Me? I just like to shitpost
>>
File: hcs.jpg (47 KB, 528x400) Image search: [Google]
hcs.jpg
47 KB, 528x400
Best part of Wendy's is that HCS, but most people don't even know about it.

Used to be the fries till they changed them to those shitty sea salt/skin on fries.
>>
>>7818298
That ain't gonna give the whiney little bitch any closure...
>>
>>7818328

I'm torn on the fries.

On the one hand, they're much tastier on their own or with ketchup than they used to be.

On the other hand, they're absolute shite for dipping in a frosty anymore.
>>
>>7818367
it's true. but i love skin on texture. it doesn't feel like a potato stick.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 250x250
>>7818367

>he dipped flash fried potatoes in a lactose mixture
>he enjoyed it

My god...
>>
>>7817769
No, I believe Arby's has the meats.
>>
>>7817769
McDonald's has free mayo

But yeah, Wendy's is pretty good especially when they changed their fries ~7 years ago. The promotions are pretty solid too, the pretzel burger was great.
>>
>>7818367
>On the other hand, they're absolute shite for dipping in a frosty anymore.
That's fucking revolting.
>>
>>7817769

I won't lie, this made me chuckle.
>>
>>7818328
do all locations have this on hand? because I always get wendys chili and only one time has that ever been put in the bag
they don't even ask if I want it so I assume they don't even have it, or is it request only?
>>
>>7818328
>>7818367
WHAT
I havent eaten there in ages, but the best part of the meal was dipping fries in the frosty.

I mean the last time I ate there was when they originally introduced the baconator. It was terrible and I havent been back

But fries in the frosty I have done all my life, I cant believe they would change the fries...
>>
>>7818513
Wendy's bought then almost immediately dropped Arby's...
>>
File: Asiago-ranch-chicken-club-.jpg (89 KB, 766x399) Image search: [Google]
Asiago-ranch-chicken-club-.jpg
89 KB, 766x399
>tfw these came out and you accidentally gained 70 pounds over the course of the summer by eating 3-4 a day on the way to and from work and now your life is ruined because you are still trying to lose the weight but it doesn't really even make a difference because your body is now ruined with stretch marks on your belly and a flabby chest that will never quite bounce back to how it was

g-good times..
>>
>>7817769
I'm interested how mcdonalds will be when they follow wendy's lead with the "fresh, never frozen" beef idea. it's certainly a more impressive feat for mcdonalds to implement since they have more locations, so for me the bar is a bit lower, but it could put them in the same league as far as the big three go.
burger king should be afraid. hotdogs aren't going to make them the king of burgers.
>>
>>7818556
Mcdonalds doesnt have to follow anyone
>>
Love them baked potatoes.
>>
>>7818542
The policy has shifted to request-only in most restaurants nowadays. They all have the sauce though.
>>
>>7818554
>3-4 a day

jesus christ just keep it up you worthless fat fuck, if you've got that poor impulse control
>>
>>7817769
wish there open one up in my city.

gota go a city over to get it, but it's never been bad when i went. guess it's worth the drive.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.