[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
On October 2nd, 1984, the world's best pizza shop officially
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
On October 2nd, 1984, the world's best pizza shop officially opened for business. The bizarre part in all of it is that humanity literally had to wait thousands of years to enjoy this pizza. Now we can have it everyday, and also get rewarded for eating it. There's really no other chain who has such a likeable founder and spokesperson that is still living.
>>
>>7816809
papa bless xD
>>
>>7816809
would fug
>>
>>7816809
It used to be good. I remember when the first few opened up in my city. My friend's mom picked up this strange pizza after picking up the green rangers origin story on VHS

It was incredible and was good for so long

Then a bunch of MBA fucks came in and A/B taste tested all of the flavors down to the point where it taste totally different from Pizza Hut but is equally as bad.
>>
I think he recently opened up a pizza and pinball place in my area. I've yet to go there but I heard the pizza is good.
>>
better ingredients

better pizza

papa bless
>>
>>7817271
This. Back when I was a kid PJ's had a very distinct taste that was better than anyone else. Sometime around the turn of the century that taste went away and now it's just another chain
>>
>>7817271
I remember as a kid hearing it was the shit. I tried it a couple years ago and it was fucking trash.

I suppose it did change.
>>
>>7817271
>>7817594
you can't stand change like a bunch of librarians who hate computers.
>>
Papa's is literally the best of the big chains. I've been saying it for years. The sauce is delicious, the crust immaculate, the toppings as good as anyone else's, and, on top of all that, I don't get a stomach ache immediately after the first slice.

>muhh jets detroit-style grease crust
>muh 5$ hot n ready

Does Cessna's or Little Nero's throw in complimentary peppers and dipping sauce?

No, they don't.
>>
>>7817630
LITTLE NEROS ALWAYS HITS THE YARD JOCKEY
>>
>>7816809
>horrible ingredients
>horrible face
>all about sports
>garbage pizza.

worst of the chain pizzas. also includes his "Obama care" charge.

will never eat again till he is dead or not a dickhole
>>
>>7816809
I unironically like Pizza Hut more ever since they started they crust toppers and the like.

Both are shit, though. But Papa John's suffers from having a barren menu. Sure, both have shitty pizzas, but I can get a sandwich from Pizza Hut with waffle fries. Most pizza joints offer subs or sandwiches, but not Papa Johns.
>>
>>7816809
meh, they're so obsessed with toppings that they''ve neglected the crust. their crust is dry and tastes like a saltine
>>
>>7817698
I have ordered from three different Pizza Hutts, one of them barely put any sauce on and the other two felt like they could have stayed in the oven another 5 minutes.
Their breadsticks are fucking ace if you can get them fresh though.
>>
>>7817704
I could never understand the people who didn't like crust until I had Papa John's. I can only order thin crust from them so I get as little as possible.

Also have to order BBQ or ranch instead of their normal sauce. Can't stand their usual sauce.
>>
>>7817709
Oh, and I've had about two dozen of their personal pan pizzas over the course of about 10 years and each and every time it's completely fucking dry.
I can't believe I keep buying them.
>>
>>7817709
nah, for ace breadsticks, little ceasars is where it's at
>>
>>7817709
Little sauce is a good thing, imo. Most of the pizza sauce at these chains is shit.

And the breadsticks are not ace. It's nice you can get the crust toppings on them, but everytime I've got them, they've been overdone. Tough as cardboard.
>>
>>7817732
Crazy bread is garbage, but their Italian cheese bread or whatever it is called is fucking godly.
>>
>>7817657
cool
>>
Pepperidge Farm remembers when Papa Johns and Pepperidge Farms were good.
>>
File: pls_papa_john.jpg (97 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
pls_papa_john.jpg
97 KB, 1080x1080
>>
File: papajohns.jpg (209 KB, 640x639) Image search: [Google]
papajohns.jpg
209 KB, 640x639
>>
>>7817622
>Degradation in quality while increasing the price is a good thing

Kill yourself business major
>>
File: 090908Patsoutisde.jpg (22 KB, 475x274) Image search: [Google]
090908Patsoutisde.jpg
22 KB, 475x274
If anyone's in Chicago and likes pizza, especially if you don't really go for the deep-dish pizza that's supposed to be the local variety, give Pat's Pizza a try if you like crispy thin-crust pizza. It's my go-to now.
>>
>>7818509

Oh and it's on Lincoln.
>>
>>7817709
pretty sure they have a conveyer belt oven, the timing is set by corporate.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.