[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Say i put some strawberries in a jar with ever clear (95% grain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_2039.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2039.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
Say i put some strawberries in a jar with ever clear (95% grain alcohol), and some sugar too... Say said jars got stuck shut and I forgot about them for like 5-7 years....

Would it be safe to consume said strawberries and booze?
>>
>>7814232
Assuming the alcohol didn't evaporate, anything biological (toxin-producing spores, bacteria, etc.) is not going to survive that environment.

Also, WTF?
>>
>>7814232
Well, IDK about the strawberries, because they're not completely covered by the booze.
I make cherrybim every year in the summer, and then start using it around Christmas, but I've had some last for a couple years as well. (Cherrybim is fresh cherries covered in rum and spices and allowed to sit in a cool dark place for at least 6 months). But I was always taught to make sure the cherries are completely covered by the booze, even if you have to use a ceramic or glass weight to keep them below the liquid line. So.....I guess, consume at your own risk??? It's probably fine, but idk for sure.
>>
Well I was making something where you soak the fruit in booze, then drain booze off and add sugar to the fruit, it eventually turns to liquid and you drain that and add more sugar and so on, then mix all that stuff to whatever strength.

So the liquid doesn't cover the strawberries because of that, it had been filled with sugar which liquified. But on the other hand it has been sealed the whole time since it was fresh, sugar got in the threads and I couldn't open it.

Smells alright anyway, kinda syrupy and tannic from the seeds, and like grain alcohol of course lol

Got some blueberries too, which I guess made it farther (It's been a while I don't remember specifically lol) because I have one jar with the blueberries and liquid and two jars of just the liquid, whereas the strawberries I only have the jar with the strawberries and one of liquid.

So should I just YOLO it?
>>
>>7814238
he could just not eat the ones above the booze line
>>
>>7814232
Eat one strawberry pussy
>>
>>7814237
wait you've never heard of this before?
>>7814232
and yes its perfectly edible
>>
File: dartmane.jpg (625 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
dartmane.jpg
625 KB, 1600x1200
>>7814238
>here is my personal story
>its called cherrybim, ever heard of it?
>So... I guess, consume at your own risk???
>>
>>7814257
Awesome
>>7814255
Hope I don't get botulism :O
>>
Oh shit just smelled the jar with the strawberry run off... Aside from being sorta reddish that's just straight grain alcohol haha
>>
>>7814264
It's perfectly fine to drink anon.
Botulism and food poisoning are NO ISSUE here so enjoy.
>>
I feel like I should make supercharged daiquiris or something
>>
Looks like a collection of tongues
>>
>>7814309
I'm done here.
>>
File: fuckfence.jpg (163 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
fuckfence.jpg
163 KB, 640x480
>>7814263
What are you, some kind of moron?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.