[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey muricans - How do you cook ribs? Particularly southern style?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: lataus (1).jpg (4 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
lataus (1).jpg
4 KB, 275x183
Hey muricans - How do you cook ribs? Particularly southern style?
I am going to barbecue tomorrow and I have a big piece of pig ribs.
>>
pressure cook, then slather in some kind of sauce.

sometimes i go with bbq, other times something asian-y like teriyaki.
>>
>>7813872
What about dry rubs? I'd like to try that instead of some sickly sweet pre-made BBQ sauce.
>>
>>7813868
Southern style requires smoking them and then grilling them. Dry rubs are ideal. The restaurant is over rated, but look up a recipe that mimics Rendezvous in Memphis for a popular rib thats sure to be a hit.
>>
OP, I don't what country you're from but I do know your ribs will turn out to be awful. Good luck.
>>
File: albertan hick.jpg (409 KB, 1920x1278) Image search: [Google]
albertan hick.jpg
409 KB, 1920x1278
make sure you remove the membrane
>>
File: 1460698930791.jpg (3 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
1460698930791.jpg
3 MB, 2448x3264
>>7814293
>Southern style requires smoking them and then grilling them.
Or you could not be a fuckwit and only smoke them, but what do I know.
>>
>>7814332
>following tradition is fuckwit

I answered the question asked asshole, I didnt say how I prefer to do it.
>>
>>7814355
Well I have never seen anyone ever finish their ribs on the grill after smoking save people who live up north.
>>
grill
>>
Went slow, pressure cooked. Can't go back.
You just shake the plate and the delicious moist meat drops to the bottom while the bones float above it, swimming in the sauce.
>>
>>7813868
Last ti.e I made ribs the weather was too shitty to bust out the grill.

I sliced some onion and made a decent layer of it on the bottom of a roasting pan with some decent beer. Seasoned the ribs and put them on top. Covered it with foil then the lid. Cooked it for about 2 1/2 hours at 280 in the oven. Pulled the foil off and added some bbq sauce then cooked for a little longer, maybe an hour with the lid on. Had trouble getting them out of the pan they were that tender.
>>
>>7813868
I've heard that every food in America is confit. Is this true? I've never been
>>
Smoke them
>>
>>7813868
I made 2 racks of st.Louis for fathers day, I trimmed them and rubbed them the day before, I put them in the smoker at 225 with apple wood and just a few pieces of hickory, smoked them for 3 hours them wrapped them in foil for 2 hours, then uncovered with sauce for 1 hour they were great
>>
>>7814332
How did you BURN them in the smoker?

Low and slow bro...
>>
>>7814293
>rendevous is overrated

kill yourself, my man.
>>
>>7813868
You dry rub, then smoke for a very long time. Depending on your preference you could slather in sauce at some point, or finish the char on the grill if you're short on time and they're already tender from the long smoking process.
>>
southern style means "im too poor to afford a grill unless i build it myself"

rub your ribs, put a little beer in the casserole dish, seal it airtight

let em steam at 275 for 3 hours, remove the cover, then let them brown, or throw them on the grill if you got it.
>>
>>7816476
>steamed ribs

kill you're self
>>
whatever you do, throw out the pork ribs and get something beef.
>>
>>7816328
>How did you BURN them in the smoker?
>why do UDS builds always burn hanging meat close to the coals while leaving the rest fine?
I just dont know...
>>
>>7813877
I like to use jalapeƱo mustard as a binder. Followed by a dry rub. Any kind of fruit woods for smoking. The 3,2,1 method. And a pre made sauce before getting close to finishing up.
>>
BBQ place I worked at rubbed em with salt and pepper, brushed with a jalapeno jelly, wrapped in foil, smoked for around 4-6 hours, and then glazed with sauce at the end of the cook
>>
>>7816542
>wrapped in foil
>then smoked

what was the point?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.