[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chicken curry in a hurry.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
File: curry.jpg (109 KB, 1259x268) Image search: [Google]
curry.jpg
109 KB, 1259x268
Chicken curry in a hurry.
>>
noice, can you make a vertical plz?
>>
File: curry_vertical.jpg (59 KB, 268x1259) Image search: [Google]
curry_vertical.jpg
59 KB, 268x1259
>>7813369
>>
>>7813371

how about diagonal? I'd bet you can't do diagonal huh?
>>
>>7813369
>>7813378
kek
>>
File: curry_diagonal.jpg (58 KB, 1095x1098) Image search: [Google]
curry_diagonal.jpg
58 KB, 1095x1098
>>7813378
>>
>>7813575
Absolute madman
>>
Does anyone have a good recipe for curry roux? Those already made roux from Japan tend to be very expensive here.
>>
>>7813575
yea that's cool and all but i've yet to see anyone that can do a 90 degree angle
>>
>>7813599
I just make a roux and dump in curry powder. But I have a more detailed recipe saved from a couple years ago that someone put on /ck/:

Ginger, a thumb
Garlic, 2-3 cloves
Onion, 1 medium/medium large
>Optional, but we like it: chilies, as desired
Salt, if/as needed
Solid cooking fat such as coconut oil, shortening or palm kernel oil (not butter), 4-8tbsp
>depends on whether you're cooking seafood (4tbsp) chicken/pork (6tbsp) or beef/mutton/lamb/goat (8tbsp)
>if using butter, up the amount by 1-2 tablespoons
>lard, chicken lard or tallow works well if you're cooking pork, chicken or beef/mutton/lamb/goat, respectively
Flour, 4-8tbsp
>depends on whether you're cooking seafood (4tbsp) chicken/pork (6tbsp) or beef/mutton/lamb/goat (8tbsp)
Curry powder, 4-8tbsp or to taste
Stock (bouillon) cubes/powder, enough for 1 litre of water
>variety of stock cube/powder used should match the protein you intend to cook; seafood only works well with fish stock cubes while all the rest work well with vegetable, mushroom and their own flavours of stock cube (such as pork stock cube with pork and lamb stock cube with lamb)
Really cold water, a whole bunch
>>
>>7813674
Peel and grate or salt paste the ginger and garlic. If you don't know how to salt paste, ask and I'll explain.
Peel and mince the onion.
>mince the chili, if using
Cook oil and flour together, stirring constantly, until the right colour is achieved for the protein you're using.
>white/pale tan for seafood, medium/medium-dark-tan (about the colour of peanut butter) for chicken/pork or a shade or two lighter than milk chocolate for beef/mutton/lamb/goat
Stir in the ginger/garlic pastes and the onion mince.
>also chilies, if using
Off the heat and quickly stir in the curry powder and the stock powder/cubes, crumbling or pasting the cube up if necessary.
Keep stirring until the sizzling is barely audible then carefully put all the flour-mixture into the cold water, but do not stir it in; if you made it correctly, the mixture will clump and sink to the bottom.
Carefully drain off the water and stash the mixture in the fridge to harden.
Cut into quarters and stash in the freezer for longterm storage.
>>
File: curry_right_angle.jpg (108 KB, 875x509) Image search: [Google]
curry_right_angle.jpg
108 KB, 875x509
>>7813615
>>
you probably don't even give a FUCK about what hubby thinks
>>
File: curry_for_smart_watch.gif (47 KB, 132x132) Image search: [Google]
curry_for_smart_watch.gif
47 KB, 132x132
smart watch compatible
>>
>>7814358
You fucking monster stop this at once.
>>
>>7814403
Here you go

*Requires Seeing Eye Dog v1.5 or higher
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.