[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Americunt here going to Europe in a month for a tour with an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9
File: Sausages_Oxford.jpg (4 MB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
Sausages_Oxford.jpg
4 MB, 3072x2304
Americunt here going to Europe in a month for a tour with an orchestra. In 10 days, were from from Frankfurt -> Prague -> Vienna -> and back to Frankfurt to fly back.

Any recommendations for stuff I should try while in Germany/Czech Republic/Austria? I honestly don't know much about their normal cuisine, and pic related is kind of what I think of.
>>
Damn i guess that sausage autist was right
>>
>>7812020
Go for a currywurst in Germany (Berlin) if you need a quick meal, but don't have one in favour of a more interesting or traditional meal.
>>
Culinary graduate recommendation from chef's training academy summer tasting wish list:

Pferdwurst horse sausage - traditional germam street food sold everywhere

Czech ice cream with salted pearl of oyster

Sea been roulade

Mustard coulis
>>
File: image.jpg (351 KB, 1494x1114) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
351 KB, 1494x1114
>>7812020
>>
>>7812129

Wow. I'm terrible at GD, but after 100 hours in paint I just finished my first attempt at making a /ck/ banner and didn't fuck up nearly as bad as you.
>>
File: panino cotoletta di scamorza.jpg (110 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
panino cotoletta di scamorza.jpg
110 KB, 1024x768
>prague
Smažený sýr.
Try it. You'll like it.
Similar food is also eaten in some parts of Italy. What is it? Pic related: a cheese cutlet sandwich.
>>
>>7812128
Thanks Anon, I'll try and keep a list of my phone of some of this stuff and see if I can find it.

>>7812152
I'm sure I would; I'm not a hugely picky eater. It sounds good anyways. Thanks, anon.
>>
File: 699.jpg (343 KB, 1600x1195) Image search: [Google]
699.jpg
343 KB, 1600x1195
>>
File: 05675.jpg (584 KB, 1024x869) Image search: [Google]
05675.jpg
584 KB, 1024x869
>>
>>7812128
Pferdwurst? That's no regular german street food.
Try Currywurst. Or Döner. That's fucking street food.

OP if you're still dont know what you want to try, look into Sauerbraten, Wiener Schnitzel (not Schnitzel Wiener Art, which is pork), Rouladen.
>>
>>7812197
I'm making a list, so the more the better.

>>7812186
Not sure what this is, but it looks fucking good.
>>
>>7812204
>not sure what it is
Currywurst with chips, mayo and ketchup.
>>
>>7812020
As with any travel, ask the locals. When in Rome etc.
>>
When you're in Vienna, get a käsekreiner and some sachertorte!
>>
Some local specialties worth trying in Frankfurt:

Rindswurst (beef sausage) by Gref-Völsings. Served at a number of restaurants in the city, but you can also buy some directly from them.

Currywurst at Best Worscht in Town. Multiple locations throughout Frankfurt: http://www.bestworschtintown.de/

Frankfurt Green Sauce. Pic related. Traditionally eaten in May, but many restaurants keep it on the menu throughout the summer.

Frankfurter Kranz. Any Cafe or patisserie in town should have some: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankfurter_Kranz

Handkäse. Very much an acquired taste. Best paired with local Apple cider: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handk%C3%A4se

Apfelwein. Local apple cider and perhaps the one thing Frankfurt is best known for throughout Germany. Try to have it at one of the traditional ciderhouses in the Sachsenhausen district.
>>
>>7812236
>trying to pass slovene food as austrian
shameful
>>
>>7812246
>>7812236
Cool, thanks. the Sachertorte looks incredible.

Also, currywurst has been recommended enough that I suppose I have to look for some.
>>
I tried currywurst in Berlin once, it was pretty unremarkable. Pretty much just like a bratwurst covered in ketchup with curry powder mixed in.
>>
>>7812323
That's why I recommended Best Worscht in Town. They offer nine different sauces and eight degrees of spiciness ranging from 0 to over a million Scoville units.
>>
>>7812346
That sounds like it would be a lot better.
>>
>>7812020
Goulash and pickled Czech cheese (with bread)
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 443x332
>>7812376
Oops forgot my picture
>>
haxen tbqh
>>
File: 8666.jpg (52 KB, 682x503) Image search: [Google]
8666.jpg
52 KB, 682x503
>>7812020
Can't believe no one has suggested svíčková yet. It's a typical Czech dish. Try it, it's awesome.
>>
>>7812204
Keep in mind that Döner is mostly called "Drehspießfleisch" or something similar because of the tight regulations about what is allowed to be called a Döner.
>>
File: BlackForestCake.jpg (22 KB, 220x165) Image search: [Google]
BlackForestCake.jpg
22 KB, 220x165
>>7812020
Black forest cake
>>
>>7813175
because it looks like shit.
>>
>>7812020
Vienna: Schnitzel (duh), Blunzengröstl and Millirahmstrudel.
>>
>>7813269
IT`S SCHWARZWÄLDER KIRSCHTORTE YOU SCHWEINHUND(translated to english it means pigdog and nobody in germany uses this as insult its not even a word, but I like how english men think its an inslut)
>>
>>7812020
btw op try german bread, go to a bakery and order some its awesome, also go to a local butcher and buy some baloney(fleischwurst) you gonna love it.
>>
>>7812186
It looks disgusting to be honest
>>
>>7813272
Czechs are pretty fucking terrible at serving the food. Blame the communists.
>>
>>7812020
*Insert legally required "OMG try the KEBAB or 'Kebap' as the cool kids call it! It is totally swag lol yolo! I mean if we didnt have these wonderful immigrants then our food would be lol white people tier >.>.... One of them was even kind enough to fuck my sister yesterday even though she didnt realize she was asking for it!" post that all Europeans must make at least once a week or face execution.*
>>
>>7812020
while in Vienna go to a Würstelstand and get yourself some bratwurst/bosna/käsekrainer.
There are some good ones along the subway line #6.
There is Leo's Würstelstand at the station Nussdorferstrasse.
There is also another good one at the station Währingerstrasse/Volksoper that has some amazing Käsekrainer (cheese-infused sausage)
>>
>>7813409
Kill yourself
>>
as a classical musician, I assume you are an alcoholic OP. enjoy your visits to euro mcdonalds. spice things up with a few kebabs.
>>
>>7812020
>Austria
Cake desu. But it really depends on which part you go to. Probably vienna? Yea, there are some famous coffee shops with great cake.
>>
>>7813266
What? Not sure if you're trolling but everywhere i've been to it's called Döner.
>>
>>7813272
Can't argue with that. It still tastes great tho
>>
>>7812188

Man I never eat bread in my country but when I go to germany to visit my gf's family I eat at least one Breze every day. The fuckers are delicious plain, with spread butter, with sour cream or whatever shit you put on them. I've even seen Pizza Breze.
>>
>>7812128
>Pferdwurst horse sausage - traditional germam street food sold everywhere
I am German born and have lived here for close to 42 years, and I have neverr in my whole life seen a horse sausage sold. Not on markets, not in a butcher's shop and most certainly not as "street food."
>>
>>7813449
You should actually try a euro mcdonalds, only because the difference in quality is so extreme compared to the states.
>>
Where in Germany will you be staying? If you are in Bavaria, especially Munich, you ought to try a traditional "Weisswurstfrühstück" - breakfast with the white, Munich style veal sausage, with a Brezn and sweet mustard.
>>
>>7813821
Is it worse or better than in the US?
>>
>>7813832

I think he's trolling you. When I was in US I didn't notice much of a difference anyway.
>>
>>7813832
they have special pretending-to-be-local-style burgers every now and then.
Just don't go during rush hours.

Since you're going to Vienna you might want to give it a try. There's a McD almost everywhere

http://www.mcdonalds.at/produkte/unsere-produkte
>>
>>7813890
>>7813832
>>7813840

Merican here
Never went to McDs when I was in Europe, but I did when I was in Japan. They had some asian style big mac that was really good for McDs, I looked for years to replicate it but never was successful. I dont even remember what it was called anymore.
>>
>>7813464

But hes right. Lots of places only have "meat döner-style" on their menus. Just everyday german laws
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.