[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are pork steaks any good? I never eat it but it's on sale
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: StLouisSteaks-1-2-630.jpg (176 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
StLouisSteaks-1-2-630.jpg
176 KB, 630x420
Are pork steaks any good? I never eat it but it's on sale for $1.59 a pound, Swift "pork steaks". I might give it a go, how do I cook it?
>>
File: butt rub.jpg (99 KB, 365x500) Image search: [Google]
butt rub.jpg
99 KB, 365x500
I just rub some of this either side before putting it on the grill/pan. A little goes a long way though, since it's mostly salt. Hot pan or grill, flip once 2 minutes either side +/- due to thickness
>>
>>7809109
just make sure to cook it well done or you will get parasites
>>
>>7809386

Farm raised pork? Nah.

Just grill them like a normal steak OP, they're great. Usually kind of thin, so get the flame hot so you can get a nice crust.
>>
>>7809392
STFU....all pork farm raised or not has thousands of parasites living within them...you always cook well done
>>
>>7809398
I've never heard of pork steak but pork loin is good a little pink in the middle, completely well done is too dry
>>
>>7809404
STFU...learn biology...have fun with parasites fag
>>
>>7809398

0/10 bad b8
>>
>>7809410
Biology major here have fun with parasites fags you deserve them for being an adult and not knowing this
>>
>>7809406
Been eating it like that all my life with no problems. Go shoot up a gay bar or something
>>
>>7809423
and you have parasites living inside your ass....you are already getting butt fucked by a worm
>>
>>7809416

USDA just lowered the temperature a few years ago: http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/20110525/cooking-temperatures-for-pork

that allows for pink in the middle, so long as it isn't ground meat
>>
>>7809436
USDA meat probably from pigs that are treated for parasites now
>>
>>7809398
>>7809406
>>7809416
Being a Koran loving Kike doesn't automatically give you a "biology major." What a (((coincidence))) that a biology major just happens to comment against pork.
>>
>>7809441
i fucking eat pork you dumb fuck i just eat it well done cause im educated
>>
>>7809443
sure you do habibi
>>
>>7809448
im a korean loving kike yet you know the fucking words lmao
>>
>>7809443

you're not educated honestly. like another anon said the USDA recently said pink pork is fine. go to any decent restaurant and you will find pork cooked this way. show me why I should trust you, a bio major, instead of the USDA.
>>
>>7809443
Ah another (((coincidence))) that you happen to be (((educated))) and also eat (((pork))). Tell me what's your favourite cut at the (((deli))). I've never heard of a self-hating jew that eats pork anyways.
>>
>>7809109
Mix 1 part apple cider vinegar, one part apple juice or cider, 2 parts water, generous amount of salt, some ground pepper and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Make enough to coat the steaks evenly but not drown it, let sit in a sealable bag to marinate over night.

Then, cook them like this >>7809392 or this or in a skillet to the same effect. With the right temperature (med-high depending on thickness), the sugar from the juice will caramelize the outside of the meat even more than a maillard reaction without added sugar. Medium well is fine, I have eaten it that way in nice restaurants as well as home and never had a problem.
>>
>>7809457
because I am the USDA
>>
>>7809458
the cheeks...i eat the fucking face mother fucker
>>
>>7809470
Not surprised you love head.
(((Faggot))))
>>
You'd probably like them pot roasted

Chances are they'd come out very tender
>>
>>7809398

Yeah, you're wrong.

http://www.porkcares.org/our-practices/food-safety-in-pork-production/the-truth-about-trichinosis-in-pork/

Trichinosis mainly occurs with wild game now.
>>
>>7809416

I'd find a different major, because you suck at yours.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.