[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hypothetically and theoretically could an individually live
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: MEAT!.jpg (161 KB, 283x424) Image search: [Google]
MEAT!.jpg
161 KB, 283x424
Hypothetically and theoretically could an individually live solely off of meat, milk, eggs, and water with no vegetables, fruits or grains whatsoever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t22MytivsS0
>>
No, death by scurvy
>>
you would have to eat the green stomach contents then
>>
>>7807599
>no fiber
>no vitamins
Yeah, if you never want to poop again and get scurvy
>>
File: vitameatavegamin.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
vitameatavegamin.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>7807604
meat has vitamins in it...
>>
>>7807600
>>7807604
offal contain vitamin c and other vitamins.
>>
>>7807613
>>7807614
K try it for 3 months and report back to us with your results
>>
>>7807599
It's possible.
Inuits manage ok.
>>
>>7807629
that's because they eat the green stomach contents
>>
>>7807629

I am sure it has something to do with their gene pool.

The same way when an abbo has no tolerance for anything but kangaroos, dingos, koalas and crocs.

And how Asians are allergic to alcohol
>>
>>7807632

The animals they hunt are also carnivours.

Seals and wales don't eat seaweed and there is no fucking foliage for polar bears and foxes to eat.
>>
>>7807643
and what's a caribou?
>>
>>7807599
Yes, humans were meant to be carnivores. If you ever so much as think about eating a carrot, you'd die of b12 deficiency. Why do these militant vegans keep trying to make me give up muh hamboigahs. Vegetables are yucky YUCKEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Search for the Dutch Winter and how a fetus at 3 months adapts to their parents diet.
If you weren't born in this setup it's hardly possible for you to do it.
>>
>>7807622
did it for a year as a baby.
>>
>>7807629
see
>>7807638

Inuits have adapted genetically to their diet. If you tried eating it as a non-Inuit, you wouldn't do very well.

Regarding OP, you could live for a while, sure. You could probably stretch it out longer if you were healthy to start and ate mostly entire animals. You'd still get some deficiency eventually but not nearly as quickly as if you tried doing this with nothing but muscle meats.
>>
Plenty of Americans do this and only sie horribly once they reach adulthood, at ages which would be decent in the wild.
>>
>>7807599
For a while, but you are going to get intestinal damage after a few years.
>>
Inuits ate fresh meat and organ meat almost daily. They also ate a lot of meat without cooking it or they didn't cook the fuck out of it. Cooking meat destroys a lot of the nutrients that are in it. You can live on a animal only diet but you have to be a savage about it. If you do this almost anywhere but the arctic you will probably get some kind of parasite or bad bacteria.
>>
>>7807599
It depends on the meat. As long as whatever you're eating eats what you need, it can be a sustaining diet. Like caribou for the Inuit.
>>
>>7808183

>You can live on a animal only diet but you have to be a savage about it.

Reminds me of that story of the two guys who got stranded on a raft in the Pacific Ocean. They caught sea turtles and one of them went full savage and just tore into it, eating the flesh and drinking the blood. The other acted like a pussy vegan. Fast forward a few weeks and the blood drinker is perfectly healthy, while the one who won't eat turtle kills himself. Turns out there was vitamin C in the turtle blood.
>>
File: you.jpg (120 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
120 KB, 720x540
>>7808575
If you're referring to the salvadoran/mexican fishermen who drifted out to sea after getting caught in bad weather, the guy who survived was a very experienced fisherman who was accustomed to long periods at sea, and the guy who died was basically his first time on a boat. They ate nothing but random jellyfish, turtles, and sea birds raw with their bare hands, and barely had any water for weeks. Eventually, the less experienced one got severe food poisoning and stopped eating. Under normal conditions he probably would have been stuck in a hospital bed and given an IV drip and antibiotics, but instead, he died, because they were in the middle of the ocean with nothing but sun beating down on them and seawater everywhere.

But I'm sure typing that all out made you feel like a real badass, I bet you'd totally have gotten right back up using the twin weapons of atheism and euphoria.
>>
they're called "essential vitamins and minerals"
>>
>>7807599
Might have some problems getting fibre
>>
>>7807599
Maybe, but you won't be well
>>
>>7808598
>>7808575

the food poisoning happened after four months at sea, they were both already hallucinating at that point

the survivor could barely walk when they found him

sorry to spoil the fun, carnists

maybe post a fantasy about the soccer team that crashed in the andes and how the carnists who knew what their teeth were for totally killed and ate the PETA fags after the PETA fags threw out the meat rations, and then the theme song from Conan the Barbarian played as they were rescued by epic meal time
>>
>>7808870
>implying that isn't a factual account of what happened
>>
>>7807629
>>7807966
The animals that the Inuit eat are rich in nutrients, if the Inuit lived anywhere else they'd get scurvy.
In fact they /did/ get scurvy, in '50s, when the Canadian government moved Inuit communities around to keep a better eye on Soviet movements in the arctic.
>>
>>7807599

You'd be better off eating mashed potatoes made with milk and butter.
>>
>>7809164
You're a piece of trash that doesn't know how to make mushroom sauce
>>
If you took your vitamins, maybe. Otherwise you would get scurvy.
But vegetables are delicious and usually cheaper than good meat, so just enjoy them
>>
>>7807629
enjoy eating Kiviak
>>
>>7807638
>Asians are allergic to alcahol

lol what?

I didn't think I needed an epipen to drink
>>
>>7807629
They actually have very high rates of heart disease
>>
>>7809201
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_flush_reaction
>>
>>7807599

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maasai_people#Diet
>>
>>7809225
>where stereotyping starts

I lost to an asian in shot drinking, motherfucker was still chugging down his 12th shot unbrazen
>>
>>7810147
the fuck does that have to do with alcohol metabolizing. by the down you downed the 12th one your body is still on the 3rd.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.