[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Decided to go to finally take a vacation out of my own country,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: 20070917214534_Jesusland6.gif (19 KB, 653x597) Image search: [Google]
20070917214534_Jesusland6.gif
19 KB, 653x597
Decided to go to finally take a vacation out of my own country, however I can't go out of North America and I'd rather cook myself and serve myself with craft singles than go to Mexico. So the only place left is Canada, where should I go for the best/most food?
Pic related, not going to Jesus land.
>>
Portland (Oregon) is pretty cool, and probably the best city for food in the country.
>>
File: chicago-thin-crust-pizza.jpg (77 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
chicago-thin-crust-pizza.jpg
77 KB, 600x399
>>7807581
Go to Illinois, get some thin crust (AKA Chicago style) pizza
>>
>>7807581
Go to Montreal. It may be a backwater, but in terms of food and culture it's much better than any backwater has a right to be.
>>
>>7807584
>>7807587
Buts anons I want to go to Canada, my American dollars make me rich there desu
>>
>>7807591
But your image shows that Illinois and Oregon are both in Canada.
>>
File: aviary-image-1466613332072.jpg (121 KB, 653x597) Image search: [Google]
aviary-image-1466613332072.jpg
121 KB, 653x597
>>7807593
Updated map, for reference I live in about the center of Jesus land.
>>
>>7807609
Leaving New England out of the US. For shame.
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 275x183
>>7807587
Hello /ck/.
Please consider pic related. It is a dish known as 'go 'za.
It was invented in the United States of America in the twentieth century and remains the sole notable achievement of the state of Illinois.
This dish is a casserole consisting if bread, Kraft brand pasteurised cheese product and Hejnz tomato ketchup that is cooked at a low heat for a protracted period of time. A variation on this dish is the addition of pasteurized cheese product from the state of Wisconsin whereby the dish becomes known as the 'double flyover'.
Your thoughts concerning this culinary wonder and internet meme are most welcome.
Thank you.
>>
>>7807623
This meme is getting out of hand.
I see it on pretty much every board I visit.
What has /ck/ spawned? An unstoppable meme steamroller?
>>
>>7807581
Go to the East Coast if you like seafood. Go to the Rockies if you like fancy stuff. Go to BC if you don't want to leave your comfort zone. Don't go North.
>>
>>7807634
But yeah go to French Canada for the best food, or East if you like seafood, otherwise probably just go to Vancouver.
>>
>>7807587
see
>>7807623
Flyovers BTFO.
>>
>>7807581
Come to Toronto if you like brown people
>>
>>7807639
If I go to french Canada do I have to learn french and also will I be farted on?
>>7807671
I thought vancouver was more known for foreigners?
>>
>>7807645
I'm sure he saw it the first time you posted it, nu-male.
>>
>>7807623
>sole notable achievement of the state of Illinois
>Abraham Lincoln
>Richard Pryor
>Hubble telescope
>grid computing
>>
>>7807620
>Leave the home of the American Revolution out of the US.

Jesus H Christ you flyovers sure are dumb.
>>
The 'Couv's got yellow foreigners.
Toronto has brown foreigners. That's why so many Popeyes in Ontario only use halal chicken.
Montreal has I-swear-to-fuck-I'm-not-brown foreigners IE North Africans (mostly Algerians).
Even Calgary's started to get some darkies even though it's in Jesusland. Alberta has cows, grass, dirt, trees, oil and rednecks. It's basically cold Texas.
>>
>>7807609
okay, go to Upper Michigan or Maine.
>>
>>7807761
>Willingly going to Maine
>>
>>7807800
>to
>>
>>7807581
>wont go to the south
have fun having your shit food while I enjoy both delicious bbq and seafood
>>
>>7807633
I'm pretty sure I've even seen it on /tg/ and /his/
>>
>>7808638
>be from the south
>cant read
>>
>>7807581

Other than pizza, stay the FUCK out of Windsor. Just fly right over to Toronto or Montreal, maybe even Halifax if you dig seafood.
>>
>>7807710

Toronto also has a lot of immigrants, Not that it's a bad thing mind you.

If you go to French Canada, stick to Gatineau, Montreal, and Quebec City, particularly Montreal, but the above cities have more bilingual people, and Montreal is pretty fuckin' great, the people there can also be a good deal more open.
>>
>>7807710
Go to Montreal, you're fine. Go to Quebec City, you're fucked.
>>
Why won't you go to Mexico? You sound like a retard who makes life decisions based off memes
>>
File: smokebourbon.jpg (116 KB, 590x393) Image search: [Google]
smokebourbon.jpg
116 KB, 590x393
Toronto has hundreds of amazing restaurants and is a dope city. Montreal is also good but isn't the same big city vibe and Toronto has way more to do.
>>
>>7809452
He probably likes getting cucked and is going to look for a Grade A canuck bull.
>>
>>7809523
I'm sure he can find some dudes in Mexico who will happily bull for him
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.