[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fried Chicken
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: 51724.jpg (76 KB, 656x369) Image search: [Google]
51724.jpg
76 KB, 656x369
What sort of seasoning mix do you use? What do you put in the breading mix?
>>
Buttermilk marinade, then season the flour with salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne, and garlic powder.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/-fried-chicken-51238060
>>
I'm planning to try this 18th century fried chicken recipe.
>>
>>7807568
Just watched the video of this. Looks goodman. Tell us how it comes out.

>>7807523
Pretty much this.
>>
>>7807523
thats how I've always done my chicken
its perfect every single time
>>
>>7807523
Don't forget the pickle brine!
>>
>>7807523
Thanks, I'll have to figure out how to do buttermilk in the UK
>>
>>7807640
you can do just regular milk as well
ive done it both ways without much of a difference
>>
>>7807640
Add some lemon juice to regular milk.
>>
>>7807640
Milk and vinegar.
>>
>>7807640
>>>7807523Thanks, I'll have to figure out how to do buttermilk in the UK

Use Kefir instead
>>
My housemate stole a fuck load of seasoning mix from KFC when he left so I just use that
>>
>>7807640
Whenever a recipe calls for buttermilk I just add a bit of white vinegar to milk and let it curdle since I really don't keep buttermilk on hand. Takes like 5-10 minutes.
>>
>>7807523
This. Exactly this.

Makes perfect tendies, too.
>>
>>7807099
A mix that is pretty comparable to Emerils Essence.
>>
>>7807819
I thought this was a ruse at first but its legit. Ive never tried that before though.
>>
>>7808132
Its good in a pinch but is definitely inferior to the real thing. I used to do this when I lived in Japan because you couldn't actually buy buttermilk
>>
>>7808147
would you mind describing the difference between buttermilk and milk with some vinegar/lemon juice? i always just use milk with acid when recipes call for buttermilk because of convenience but am interested to know the properties of buttermilk and how it would affect a dish
>>
>>7808176
Buttermilk is slightly richer and just taste different. Its a totally different process to make it than using milk with an acid. Look up the actual process. Milk plus an acid is a substitute and never in actual recipes for a reason
>>
>>7807799
Jelly
>>
>>7810027
IVE HAD IT
I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE
STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP WITH THIS FUCKING GO ZA TRASH HOLY FUCK STOOOOP IM GONNA SCREAM IM GONNA FUCKING EXPLODE GET FUCKING READY HOLY SHIT
STOP
FUCKING STOP
STOP
STOP
I HATE IT SO GODDAMN FUCKING MUCH, YOU MAKE HITLER A LIKEABLE PERSON, YOU MAKE ME WANNA BREAK MY OWN FUCKING NECK, IS THIS WHAT CK HAS BEEN REDUCED TO? GUH ZAAUU UUH SO FUCKING FUNNY DUDE HAHAHAHAH
>>
>>7810090
dude calm down its only 'go 'za
>>
>>7810090
are you okay anon? your 'go 'za was to hot or something?
>>
>>7810090
Just ignore it, anon
>>
>>7810129
I'm not the saiyan poster but thank you
>>
File: i give up.png (262 KB, 521x394) Image search: [Google]
i give up.png
262 KB, 521x394
>>7810095
>>7810116
>>7810129
>>7810148
i can only ignore it for so long
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.